PDA

View Full Version : Has Anything changed

stevewool
1st January 2017, 20:11
Well its been 4 weeks since i have made any sort of comments on here and what has changed "nothing really".
I have been coming on the odd time just to see if there is anything that takes my fancy and there is nothing .
I do like the thread about "whats happening to the forum", and all the comments about it, the name change , we need new people , we need humor and the list can go on,
To me its boring, the same folk saying the same things most of the time.
The trouble is without a certain few who can help in matters that are needed to bring your partner here the rest of us maybe are here just for a chat , friendship and something to do, many of us are in a rut.
There have been a few of us who have tried to inject new things into the forum and yes i understand its not to everyones taste what i or others have added, but it does make you think why should i bother when you get no replies and whats worst is its been seen by many but some folk are so far stuck in there own world they would rather just make a comment when others have.
What i have found interesting is from people and there experiences and how they came to be where they are and yes you do listen but it turns out they just contradict themselves over and over again , so really they are offering nothing but bad advice, most of usThey say that learn from our mistakes they say but if you are still living that way well how can others learn , thats unless you are wanting people to do what you have done "some people can be cruel that way".
They say that talking is good, and it is but sometimes you have to listen to yourself too. how many of us ever do that sit and listen to yourself.
Some people may think explaining things to folk is like bulling them but deep down some folk will never listen to good honest advice.
Well happy new year to you all , i do hope everything you are wanting will happen in time ,

grahamw48
1st January 2017, 20:27
Well, sorry if I'm one of the same boring old people. :cwm25:

We do have others in our lives...

Slip
1st January 2017, 20:45
You are right. Nothing has changed.

The reason I joined as most was to seek advice about the ins and outs of a relationship with a filipino.
I got good advice and I stuck around and helped (well hope I did) a few in return. I keep coming back because although not a lot happens here these days, sometimes someone posts something that catches my eye and I might even comment on it.

The problem I see nowadays is the lack of new posters. (Today's new posters are tomorrows Terpes for example) When one does ask a question they don't stick around.Because once where there stood a freshly painted forum with flashing lights. Now all they see is a forum that could do with a lick of paint and a few bulbs replacing.

How you go about doing that I haven't the foggiest. But that's my personal opinion.

fred
2nd January 2017, 03:01
To be honest Steve,I usually read established R.P expatriate sites as they can be very useful in real terms for me for current and local information on all kinds of important topics.
I don`t mind a bit of banter and opinion from time to time but hard facts and local information are hard to beat for me.
If the real purpose of Filipina Roses is a dating site,then I have no interest as it has no relevance to me.
I only really joined this place (years ago) to share a little local knowledge with people like you that needed it..
No shocking announcements from me...Like a good pair of Levi`s I prefer not to leave..Just fade away..
Could take years!!

stevewool
2nd January 2017, 10:39
To be honest Steve,I usually read established R.P expatriate sites as they can be very useful in real terms for me for current and local information on all kinds of important topics.
I don`t mind a bit of banter and opinion from time to time but hard facts and local information are hard to beat for me.
If the real purpose of Filipina Roses is a dating site,then I have no interest as it has no relevance to me.
I only really joined this place (years ago) to share a little local knowledge with people like you that needed it..
No shocking announcements from me...Like a good pair of Levi`s I prefer not to leave..Just fade away..
Could take years!!

Spot on Fred, its looking for good advice about the things that many are wanting for our futures and there are only a few who can do that, others try but all you get from them is moan moan moan, but hey they could be right.
The banter has gone , maybe its being replaced by what people call boring or bullying.

raynaputi
2nd January 2017, 10:47
maybe its being replaced by what people call boring or bullying

Spot on Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Even I think that. :NoNo:

SimonH
2nd January 2017, 10:51
Maybe because the 'characters' have either left or been banned :Erm:

grahamw48
2nd January 2017, 12:22
Oh dear.

So much negativity here. :cwm3:

If I'm a bore or a bully, please just have the balls to name names somebody, and us guilty ones can bugger off.

None of us are perfect, and can irritate other members at times. That's just human nature. We need to be more tolerant ?

raynaputi
2nd January 2017, 12:31
I think the members here need to be more tolerant, especially when some new guy (or not an old member) get to contradict what the rest of the members think. Dedworth is a different case because he p****d off Keith big time, after ignoring him for so long. I know many of you "loved" him, but there were loads who loathed him, mostly the Filipinas. :cwm25:

Slip
2nd January 2017, 13:37
Oh dear.

If I'm a bore or a bully, please just have the balls to name names somebody, and us guilty ones can bugger off.

None of us are perfect, and can irritate other members at times. That's just human nature. We need to be more tolerant ?

Personally I don't find you a bore or a bully.

Did I miss something somewhere? I didn't think this thread was aimed towards you... And if it was, just keep posting what you do. We all like different things and where one person doesn't like what you post, another will. You've never bothered me :icon_lol:

grahamw48
2nd January 2017, 14:29
Thank you Slip. :olddude:

fred
2nd January 2017, 15:30
Steve...Report "Bullying" posts to admin or mods....We will take it under consideration.
Remember though...We have to be careful of banning even one member these days as it may represent 10% of the active membership!!!
Report it anyway....We can work it out for cryin out loud!!

stevewool
2nd January 2017, 19:06
Oh dear.

Its not about having the balls as you say Graham,
I have tried not to mention any names at all in the post and i have said most and many and i too,

grahamw48
2nd January 2017, 20:45
:xxgrinning--00xx3: