PDA

View Full Version : Funerals in the Philippines

John.C
31st December 2016, 18:00
I think I know what happens in the UK if the family cannot afford to pay for a funeral.
But what happens in the Philippines?
Does the government help?

Tawi2
31st December 2016, 18:24
If ever your in manila,and you have a little time to spare visit north cemetery,pay someone who lives in the tombs a couple of quid to guide you round,ask them to take you to see the plastic sacks which contain bones.

Longweekend
31st December 2016, 20:26
Not sure if they receive help from the municipality but I love the bands that walk with the coffin....

raynaputi
2nd January 2017, 13:55
If the family goes to a councilor, mayor, etc., they will get a small amount of donation from them. The government really has nothing to offer in terms of helping the bereaved, as far as I'm aware. All the funeral costs are always shouldered by the bereaved family. I know in my family experience, we all shouldered everything.

fred
2nd January 2017, 15:41
We bricked up a poor English foreigner friend that died here last year with hollow blocks after a nasty motorbike accident..
Just enough room for his body parts and 3 bottles of his favourite beer...Red horse Grande.
He wont mind though as he is already dead.
What a waste of good beer!!

jonnijon
2nd January 2017, 22:49
If you keep up SSS payments you will get help.

Tawi2
2nd January 2017, 23:08
We bricked up a poor English foreigner friend that died here last year with hollow blocks after a nasty motorbike accident..
Just enough room for his body parts and 3 bottles of his favourite beer...Red horse Grande.
He wont mind though as he is already dead.
What a waste of good beer!!
What was the story behind that fred?Didnt his family come out to bring him home?

fred
3rd January 2017, 04:55
What was the story behind that fred?Didnt his family come out to bring him home?

As far as I was aware,he had no family... He survived here for about 8 years managing foreigners house building contracts etc.. He liked a drink though..And a drive.
Took about 2 months before his blood disappeared from the concrete highway.. He left a real mess.

Tawi2
3rd January 2017, 14:02
Thats a sad story......RIP.