PDA

View Full Version : Taxis in Manila

andy222
29th December 2016, 12:06
Ok guys. What taxi's do you use when you are in Manila. I see from the last time I was there UBER are there now?

Michael Parnham
29th December 2016, 12:33
Ok guys. What taxi's do you use when you are in Manila. I see from the last time I was there UBER are there now?

We always use the white ones because we found them to be cheaper, always ask the driver to put the meter on if you have any doubts, enjoy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
29th December 2016, 12:55
I was tempted to use Uber, but didn't like giving them my credit card details.

I just use the white ones and make sure they put the meter on.
If they want to start bargaining with me... I wave them off and flag another one down. Always put bags on back seat where you can easily retrieve them yourself. :wink:

bigmarco
29th December 2016, 12:56
Mainly use the white ones although some try and take the :piss2:
Used Uber a few times when I was there last christmas and they have a good service and you always get a decent car albeit a wee bit more expensive if it's busy.

andy222
29th December 2016, 13:01
Ok guys white ones it is. Much appreciated.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
29th December 2016, 13:16
I was recommended an app called 'Grab' by Terpe, very similar to Uber I believe.

Tawi2
29th December 2016, 13:23
The sooner Duterte brings manila taxis into line with their davaoeno counterparts the better,no arguments and the meter on immediately in davao city.

bigmarco
29th December 2016, 13:57
I was tempted to use Uber, but didn't like giving them my credit card details.

I wouldn't hand over card details either. I pay them by PayPal although I use the pay cash option in Philippines.

grahamw48
29th December 2016, 22:40
I was recommended an app called 'Grab' by Terpe, very similar to Uber I believe.

Yes, I've seen that recommended a few times.
I keep meaning to look into it before going next time (which will be early March).

grahamw48
29th December 2016, 22:41
I wouldn't hand over card details either. I pay them by PayPal although I use the pay cash option in Philippines.

Ah... good point.
I will look into that further. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
30th December 2016, 01:51
We have been using Grab for the past week, similar to Uber i think, you just download the App, tell them where you want to go, and they give you a fixed price, example we will be using Grab to go to NAIA later, all very nice Cars,convenient, and stress free, they tell you exactly how far they are from you, and when they will arrive to pick you up, example Christmas Day we booked Grab to pick us up on Christmas day at 5-00am took us to Subic, then to Angeles, and back to Manila, they just wait around while you do whatever you are doing, then return you home we got home around midnight cost 4000php, they will just take you wherever you want to go... the driver parks up somewhere nearby then you call the driver to say we are here, come and pick us up, then take us to wherever, we paid with Cash but i think you can use Debit/Credit cards. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 11:42
Sounds good Harry.
Thanks for the info'.

I will download the app'. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
31st December 2016, 01:57
Taxi you say??
Alright for the jetset!!
I used too hump my luggage to the highway and jump on the jeep..

Michael Parnham
1st January 2017, 10:00
In Philippines only ever use a taxi from Cebu Airport to and from Ceres bus terminal:smile:

Tawi2
1st January 2017, 10:26
My sis is flying into mactan soon michael,her first time in pinas,she only has to go to mandaue so a quick taxi journey,but i always feel good when landing in mactan,nice airport.

Michael Parnham
1st January 2017, 12:08
My sis is flying into mactan soon michael,her first time in pinas,she only has to go to mandaue so a quick taxi journey,but i always feel good when landing in mactan,nice airport.

Very nice airport:xxgrinning--00xx3: