PDA

View Full Version : Young, Free and Work Longer

stevewool
28th November 2016, 19:21
Whats the saying, work will kill you, well it seems the government is helping the younger generation do just that.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/personalfinance/pension-age-may-be-about-to-rise-again-says-former-minister/ar-AAkQcHj?li=BBoPOOl

Terpe
29th November 2016, 02:25
I really enjoyed my job and would take it upon myself to work some very long hours any time.

I think when you love what you do it's so easy to put in any effort and make sacrifices.

Sometimes too many sacrifices

Arthur Little
29th November 2016, 03:58
Sometimes too many sacrifices

:cwm25: ... likewise! Alas, in my case, :yeahthat: got me nowhere. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
29th November 2016, 04:41
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/personal-finance/pension-age-may-be-about-to-rise-again-says-former-finance-minister/ar-AAkQcHj?li=BBo-POOl

Piece of NONSENSE! :poke: ... 60's an old enough age for ANYONE to work until, in my opinion!

mickcant
29th November 2016, 06:06
Remember also those of us now retired started working younger, in my case at 15, I then worked for 49 years until I became unemployed at 64.
That year from age 64 until I drew my pensions I was better off financially than my last year in work! :Brick:
Mick. :olddude:

Arthur Little
30th November 2016, 02:58
Remember also those of us now retired started working younger, in my case at 15, I then worked for 49 years until I became unemployed at 64.
That year from age 64 until I drew my pensions I was better off financially than my last year in work! :Brick:
Mick. :olddude:

Me ... I started work at "sweet sixteen" - and a half - as an insurance clerk. :smile:

Michael Parnham
30th November 2016, 06:49
I started at fifteen on the Monday following the Friday I left school, I also enjoyed my working years and worked many many more hours than I was paid, but during my HGV years I did get a brand new truck every August the 1st and when on holiday it was parked up no one used it. Good days:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st December 2016, 05:38
I started at 16 too.

Unlike my siblings, I hated school.

lordna
1st December 2016, 21:36
I started at 15 as an apprentice Electrician. Still working now but not as an electrician but at age 62 counting the days already until i retire.