PDA

View Full Version : Phone UK freephone numbers FREE when in the Phils...

grahamw48
24th November 2016, 01:41
Use Skype.

No account necessary, just plain old Skype phone call.

I did it yesterday, clear as a bell. No time limit. ... and using my sim-less tablet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just in case you need to phone your bank, or a government dept, etc.:smile:

Arthur Little
24th November 2016, 02:15
Oh ... I wasn't aware one could do that, Graham; :yeahthat:'s very useful information, :68711_thanx:

Michael Parnham
24th November 2016, 18:13
Never knew that a computer was a phone:Erm:

raynaputi
24th November 2016, 18:46
You can use Skype in smartphones. Just install the Skype app and it's the same as using it in computers. It's better in smartphones honestly. But I rarely use Skype now, only when calling banks in the Philippines (it has a fee though using it from UK but still much cheaper than using the landline or regular phones here). My family and I prefer using Viber (another app just like Skype).

Terpe
25th November 2016, 02:44
I always use Skype for telephone contact in UK

Really very very cheap and great quality too.

I'll look at Viber. I've never used it but I know many folks here do. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th November 2016, 03:19
Really the point of my post is that you can phone British freephone numbers FREE from outside the UK.

No need to use the load ( if any) on your phone, which would normally charge you for 08O0s dialled from abroad.

It can be done using Skype. No SIM required, only internet connection.... which I have in my apartment.

I also have Viber, but have no idea if you can phone free in the same situation.