PDA

View Full Version : First Ride: Manila LRT line2

Terpe
21st November 2016, 15:53
Well today was a first. My first ride on the LRT line 2

I needed to go to the Immigration Office and decided to take the LRT from Santolan Station (within walking distance from my house) to Recto then a short taxi ride to BI

What a very pleasant surprise it turned out to be.
Very quick, very easy and very comfortable.

I'd recommend to anyone. I reached Araneta Cubao within a few minutes and normally this journey will take at least 45mins by jeep or taxi.
Cost?......P25 single fare

What a delight. I'm planning more outings on the trains :Jump:

Terpe
21st November 2016, 15:58
It does have to be said that Recto Station and the surrounding area are a bit grim and I was on high alert.

The first taxi I hailed wanted P500
I said no
he said P400
I said no
Then P300, then P200 then P100
I told him no no no and told him to go away

The next taxi asked P150
Still a bit high, but I was happy to pay just to get out of Recto :icon_lol:

raynaputi
21st November 2016, 17:21
MRT and LRT are both fine means of transportation, except during rush hours in the morning (7-10am) and afternoon/night (5-8pm). In between times, it's quite okay. I prefer that, if it's accessible to the place I'm going to, than riding the jeep or bus. If not, then always taxi for me.

imagine
21st November 2016, 23:57
yeah done that , they all line up at the platform all seems orderly, but then the train arrives and its everyone to to themselves , all squeezing pushing in , and guess who gets the seats,, the young ones with their phones and i pads absolubtly no manners or consideration for their elders or anyone else, of course , standing is fun if your squashed up with beutiful women, lol,:hubbahubba: as long as theres no gays behind you :icon_lol:
but yes its fast and cheap:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2016, 00:12
yeah done that, they all line up at the platform all seems orderly, but then the train arrives and its everyone to to themselves, all squeezing pushing in, and guess who gets the seats,, the young ones with their phones and i pads absolutely no manners or consideration for their elders or anyone else, of course , standing is fun if your squashed up with beautiful women, lol,:hubbahubba: as long as theres no gays behind you :icon_lol:
but yes its fast and cheap :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ah ... Stewart! GREAT to see you posting here again, my friend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm25: ... how are you and Lolita getting on in the Emerald Isle - ANY progress?

imagine
22nd November 2016, 00:20
i keep looking in at the forum now and again, just not been posting,
its been very a very stressful time trying to keep to all the requirments ect, but finally after 10 months we got the irish residency approved for next five years,we were torn between staying here permanently or coming to uk, decided to apply for family permit for uk, application in today after 4 weeks of compiling documents needed . iv got like a pile thats equivelent to 2 old uk phone books, :Cuckoo:

imagine
22nd November 2016, 00:21
always your the 1st to greet me Arthur, just like my 1st day here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2016, 00:30
always your the 1st to greet me Arthur, just like my 1st day here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Aww ... that's nice to know. :smile:

grahamw48
22nd November 2016, 00:30
Well today was a first. My first ride on the LRT line 2

I needed to go to the Immigration Office and decided to take the LRT from Santolan Station (within walking distance from my house) to Recto then a short taxi ride to BI

What a very pleasant surprise it turned out to be.
Very quick, very easy and very comfortable.

I'd recommend to anyone. I reached Araneta Cubao within a few minutes and normally this journey will take at least 45mins by jeep or taxi.
Cost?......P25 single fare

What a delight. I'm planning more outings on the trains :Jump:

I've been on the old one of course, but this sounds interesting.

Off to consult my map ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
22nd November 2016, 00:36
Stewart !

So nice to see you posting again, and I'm happy to hear that your struggle is bearing fruit !
I know many fingers have been crossed for you and Lolita.

Good luck to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I may need to go down the same ( tortuous ? ) route myself one day.

Arthur Little
22nd November 2016, 00:41
:Hellooo: ... CONGRATULATIONS on obtaining Irish Residency :Jump: ... ALL the very BEST with your Family Permit ... and :please: keep us updated.

imagine
22nd November 2016, 00:54
Stewart !

So nice to see you posting again, and I'm happy to hear that your struggle is bearing fruit !
I know many fingers have been crossed for you and Lolita.

Good luck to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I may need to go down the same ( tortuous ? ) route myself one day.

thanks Graham , there,s a time limit, before not able to do this, march i think they bringing the final brexit thing in originaly they said 2 yrs

imagine
22nd November 2016, 00:55
:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks Arthur

Michael Parnham
22nd November 2016, 12:50
Good to see your back Stewart, hope you're both ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
22nd November 2016, 13:35
thanks Graham , there,s a time limit, before not able to do this, march i think they bringing the final brexit thing in originaly they said 2 yrs

Stewart this Brexit thingy :biggrin: First the UK has to Invoke article 50, which its been mentioned March is the likely time span, then its 2 years from that date.

However there are court battles ahead December, so March is far from certain, so just remember its 2 years from invoking article 50..

Back on Topic, this LRT thingy how far is it from the NAIA ?.

stevewool
22nd November 2016, 14:03
Stewart this Brexit thingy :biggrin: First the UK has to Invoke article 50, which its been mentioned March is the likely time span, then its 2 years from that date.

However there are court battles ahead December, so March is far from certain, so just remember its 2 years from invoking article 50..

Back on Topic, this LRT thingy how far is it from the NAIA ?.

Too far Harry

Terpe
22nd November 2016, 14:52
i keep looking in at the forum now and again, just not been posting,
its been very a very stressful time trying to keep to all the requirments ect, but finally after 10 months we got the irish residency approved for next five years,we were torn between staying here permanently or coming to uk, decided to apply for family permit for uk, application in today after 4 weeks of compiling documents needed . iv got like a pile thats equivelent to 2 old uk phone books, :Cuckoo:

Hey Stewart, so happy to see you posting again.
Glad to learn you both good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Stick at it my friend you'll get there in the end.
Personally, I always felt life in Ireland was great and did have thoughts years ago to settle there. Sadly, the weather there convince me to look to warmer climates :icon_lol:

Life here in the Philippines for me has gotten better and better.
So much so it would be so hard to leave this place now.

I send best wishes for you both in finally ending in UK

Ingat Ka

imagine
22nd November 2016, 21:21
thanks for the welcome back everyone:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
22nd November 2016, 21:26
very damp here in ireland, yes its a nice place and everyone so friendly, except the immigration officer at the garda any got through that now,

problems here with getting medical card / doctors visit card ect, being self employed goes against me, its costly,for doctors fees, prescriptions ect, the tax is high here the health service is real bad,
other than that yes lovely place to live, was a long time undecided should i stay or should i go lol