PDA

View Full Version : Manchester................

aromulus
24th December 2007, 18:46
Manchester Earthquake Appeal!

A NUMBER OF MAJOR EARTHQUAKES MEASURING FROM 3.2 ON THE RICHTER SCALE, HIT IN THE EARLY HOURS OF MONDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2002 EPICENTERED ON MANCHESTER, UK

Victims can be seen wandering aimlessly muttering : "Fookin' shaking, yow," "...." and "Someone just twocked me 'ouse". The Earthquake decimated the area, causing approximately £10 worth of damage. Subsequent to the seismic activity, some fireworks missed their intended human targets, causing damage to nearby historic and scientifically significant litter. It is estimated that, during the confusion, over £5 million worth of robbery-time was lost, damaging the Mancunian economy.

Many were woken well before their giro arrived. Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in Manchester. One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17-year-old mother-of-three said, "It felt just like when that fookin' Magic-Bus hit t'fookin' 'ouse. Little Chantal-Leanne came running into my bedroom shouting "....". My youngest two, Liam-Noel and Kevin slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently, though, looting did carry on as normal. The British Red Cross have so far managed to ship 4000 crates of Red Stripe to the area to help the stricken masses. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including fireworks, burberry caps, benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.

HOW YOU CAN HELP: This appeal is to raise clothing and food parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in it. Clothing is most sought after. Items required include: - Caps, Adidas Tracksuit bottoms, White Socks, Shell Suits & Boots.

Food parcels may be harder to put together but necessary all the same. Required foodstuffs include: - Pies Chips McDonalds Red Stripe & Fireworks.

Mancunians have insisted to avoid problems "wit' the fookin' rozzers" they don't need any more handouts but just wish to be able to "help themselves" in this difficult time, more than the just dole money they already claim (for five different people). £10 can provide a hammer, which can be used to 'twock' grannies and back up shoplifting exploits, providing enough money to support a family of Scallys on McDonalds for the forseeable future. £5 will provide a Mancunian with essential "E's and Scag" 22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim. If you can afford it, £120 buys a new pair of Nike Airs, justifying one Scally's decision to tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks, and helping said individual avoid being caught while nicking said trainers from JD Sports.

Please do not send money directly to Mancunians, as there is a good chance they'll come looking for you, realising in their primitive way, that where there is money to give away, there is great potential for robbery.

KeithD
24th December 2007, 19:57
:yikes:

joebloggs
24th December 2007, 21:56
yes manc hit by earthquakes :cwm24:, well with the money from the fund,

i'm off to yanky land to see if i can earn some compo :xxgrinning--00xx3:

anyone know a good attorney :D

The Stella Awards - America at its very best!
The "Stella" awards rank up there with the Darwin awards.

In 1994, a New Mexico jury awarded $ 2.9 million U.S. in damages to 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who suffered third-degree burns to her legs, groin and buttocks after spilling a cup of McDonald's coffee on herself. This case
inspired an annual award - Thee "Stella" Award - for the most frivolous lawsuit in the U.S.

The ones listed below are clear candidates. All these cases are verging on the outright ridiculous and yet (in the good old USA) with the right attorney you could win anything!

1. January 2000:
Kathleen Robertson of Austin Texas was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little ******* was Ms. Robertson's son.

2. June 1998:
A 19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbour ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car, when he was trying to steal his neighbour's hubcaps.

3. October 1998:
A Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house
and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation. Mr.Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of half a million dollars.

4. October 1999:
Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbour's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in it's owner's fenced-in yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams who was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.

5. May 2000:
A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

6. December 1997:
Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighbouring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid
paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.

And the winner is:
Mr Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City. In November 2000 Mr Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having joined the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly the Winnie left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the handbook that he couldn't actually do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnie. (Winnebago actually changed their handbooks on the back of this court case, just in case there are any other complete morons buying their vehicles.)

Alan
24th December 2007, 22:37
Wonderful Joe - especially the last one. I love hearing how so-called intelligent people turn out to be brainless morons. I know - I have worked in the State Education System in the UK for over 20 years.

Al.:)