PDA

View Full Version : Who's idea was it to get a treadmll?

Slip
29th October 2016, 16:34
Before I met Harlene I used to do a bit of running, purely to keep fit. I found it helped keep my migraines at bay.
I used to run at least 5km 2 times a week and 10km once a week and sometimes try and get a longer run in.
I actually managed the London marathon in 2012, although I did my knee in around mile 9, I didn't give up I still completed it with a combination of running but mainly walking.

Anyway.... I hadn't ran for 20 months, the week before our Daughter was born. And as Harlene told me she wanted to get fit and could we buy a treadmill, I sort of agreed. Before I knew it she had ordered one and it arrived Thursday.
Anyway I've ran twice now and Harlene is on her third run as we type.

My legs are aching and im tired, guess I need to get my fitness back...can't let Harlene be faster than me!

grahamw48
29th October 2016, 18:22
Only positives to keeping fit. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th October 2016, 19:28
Before I met Harlene I used to do a bit of running, purely to keep fit. I found it helped keep my migraines at bay.
I used to run at least 5km 2 times a week and 10km once a week and sometimes try and get a longer run in.
I actually managed the London marathon in 2012, although I did my knee in around mile 9, I didn't give up I still completed it with a combination of running but mainly walking.

Anyway.... I hadn't ran for 20 months, the week before our Daughter was born. And as Harlene told me she wanted to get fit and could we buy a treadmill, I sort of agreed. Before I knew it she had ordered one and it arrived Thursday.
Anyway I've ran twice now and Harlene is on her third run as we type.

My legs are aching and im tired, guess I need to get my fitness back...can't let Harlene be faster than me!

Its always great to share things in life, and if you both are enjoying it , its even better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th October 2016, 14:49
Its always great to share things in life, and if you both are enjoying it , its even better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
30th October 2016, 18:58
Very proud of Harlene. Only her fourth time running tonight and she managed 5km. OK it took her almost 50 mins and it was a mix of running and walking, she did well.
I actually did 5km yesterday and it took me just over 40 mins. Just goes to show how unfit I've become, when I was running 3-4 times a week I could do 5km in around 27 mins OK not fast by any count, but somewhere I've lost around 13 mins fitness :icon_lol:

Terpe
31st October 2016, 14:46
Very proud of Harlene. Only her fourth time running tonight and she managed 5km. OK it took her almost 50 mins and it was a mix of running and walking, she did well.
I actually did 5km yesterday and it took me just over 40 mins. Just goes to show how unfit I've become, when I was running 3-4 times a week I could do 5km in around 27 mins OK not fast by any count, but somewhere I've lost around 13 mins fitness :icon_lol:

These fitness and flexibility levels are hard to come by but so so easy to lose.
The older you get the easier to lose and the much harder to regain, if at all.

That's my experience anyway :olddude:

Tawi2
9th February 2017, 09:18
Thatsbthe first machine i go on in the gym,i set it on undulating hills,i normally stay on it for 3 miles at around 8-9 km an hour,just nice and gentle as a warm up,i had an op on my knee 2 years ago so i dont really do any other leg excercises apart from calf raises,health is wealth,but when i used to really run at times i used to push it so my lungs felt on fire.