PDA

View Full Version : My new laptop

stevewool
12th October 2016, 07:20
Well i have finely done it, i have spent some more cash and brought a new laptop, yes a NEW laptop,
Thank god my daughter was there to set it up and add somethings onto it, and even she got a little angry , so if it was me it may have been thrown out the window.
Talking about windows its got this new windows 10, now thats going to take some getting use too.
It so quick in starting up, its a Acer brought from Argos for £229, Emma says its a present from her to me but i paid for it she fetched it so in her eyes she brought it, Makes some sort of sense if you love each other:heartshape1:.
Anyone have any ideas how i can get a free photoshop or another free site rather then just a 30 day trial .

Steve.r
12th October 2016, 08:29
What's the spec Steve? Does it have an SSD ?

stevewool
12th October 2016, 08:52
What's the spec Steve? Does it have an SSD ?

WHAT:yikes:

stevewool
12th October 2016, 08:55
Don't know Steve, it was the Acer brought from Argos for £229 , should have been £279 .
It's got 1 tb and 4 gb and a nice screen and it's fast

MalFogg
12th October 2016, 11:51
Well i have finely done it, i have spent some more cash and brought a new laptop, yes a NEW laptop,
Thank god my daughter was there to set it up and add somethings onto it, and even she got a little angry , so if it was me it may have been thrown out the window.
Talking about windows its got this new windows 10, now thats going to take some getting use too.
It so quick in starting up, its a Acer brought from Argos for £229, Emma says its a present from her to me but i paid for it she fetched it so in her eyes she brought it, Makes some sort of sense if you love each other:heartshape1:.
Anyone have any ideas how i can get a free photoshop or another free site rather then just a 30 day trial .

No such thing as free lunch or free photoshop, only an illegal one!
If you want photoshop then you will have to buy a license, now costing £8.78 per month, but if you just want photoediting software try this PhotoScape free and easy to use;
http://photoscape.en.downloadastro.com
No connection and I use it on my iMac.
But having spent 30 years working in IT, I thought that I should point out the legal stuff.
Mal

Steve.r
12th October 2016, 13:05
SSD=Solid State Drive its like a flash drive, no moving parts which makes it lightning quick.

I threw the one from my laptop and got an SSD, my laptop is fired up and ready to surf in 16 seconds.

grahamw48
12th October 2016, 13:20
I just put another gig of RAM on my pc. Cost about 4 quid on offer on Amazon. :smile:

Things have certainly moved along since I boosted my first pc from 16 megs RAM up to an eye-watering 32mb. :biggrin: