PDA

View Full Version : I want to rip your head off

stevewool
6th October 2016, 18:41
Well there i was driving home radio on and just enjoying the drive.
50mph speed limit on a duel carriageway and where there is a speed camera too, and i am on the inside lane, then this car that is running along side of me decided he wanted to come of at the next junction with me , so he indicates and pulls into a gap that is not there.
Well i pulled back a little as there was cars behind me too and i let him him , you could see he was not prepared to look into his mirror at me but also he was prepared to make me stop too, so after i had to slow down i said TW-T, well he just happened to look into his mirror at that time and that was it.
He tried to chop me up and force me off the road but as my car is quite old and his was not i just carried on as normal, next his fist was going back and forth at me and again i just looked at him, and guess what in his car was his partner and 2 kids .
Well would you believe it when we got to the island we both had to stop and i just looked over at his car, the kids was looking at me but he was just looking straight ahead, we set of and i had to get into his lane but i thought let this other car get between us just incase, anyway at the next junction i was at his side but i was turning right and again he was in such a hurry to get away " i dont know why" he set of and hit a car, well i just smiled and carried on.
Utter tw-t i thought and for what:Erm:

Arthur Little
6th October 2016, 19:01
Well there i was driving home radio on and just enjoying the drive.
50mph speed limit on a duel carriageway and where there is a speed camera too, and i am on the inside lane, then this car that is running along side of me decided he wanted to come of at the next junction with me , so he indicates and pulls into a gap that is not there.
Well i pulled back a little as there was cars behind me too and i let him him , you could see he was not prepared to look into his mirror at me but also he was prepared to make me stop too, so after i had to slow down i said TW-T, well he just happened to look into his mirror at that time and that was it.
He tried to chop me up and force me off the road but as my car is quite old and his was not i just carried on as normal, next his fist was going back and forth at me and again i just looked at him, and guess what in his car was his partner and 2 kids .
Well would you believe it when we got to the island we both had to stop and i just looked over at his car, the kids was looking at me but he was just looking straight ahead, we set of and i had to get into his lane but i thought let this other car get between us just incase, anyway at the next junction i was at his side but i was turning right and again he was in such a hurry to get away " i dont know why" he set of and hit a car, well i just smiled and carried on.
Utter tw-t i thought and for what:Erm:

:cwm24: ... ooh! So [nearly] a duel :xxsport-smiley-002: on the dual carriageway? :biggrin:

grahamw48
6th October 2016, 19:36
He hit another car ? Hahaha ! :icon_lol:

My free bus pass keeps me sane. :NoNo:

stevewool
6th October 2016, 19:59
:cwm24: ... ooh! So [nearly] a duel :xxsport-smiley-002: on the dual carriageway? :biggrin:

No duel Arthur but it does make you angry sometimes.
I am at that stage in life where you either let them get on with it, but sometimes you do have to stand your ground, but i always ALWAYS make sure i am safe

stevewool
6th October 2016, 20:00
He hit another car ? Hahaha ! :icon_lol:

My free bus pass keeps me sane. :NoNo:

Its so stressful on the roads these days

Steve.r
6th October 2016, 20:31
Idiot

grahamw48
6th October 2016, 20:52

It is Steve.

You know I'm a real car/motorsport enthusiast.... always have been, and have driven more or less for a living since I was 18, but I stopped enjoying driving on our roads at least 5 years ago. :NoNo:

mickcant
7th October 2016, 05:35

Giving up on having a car was the best thing I did about 18 months ago.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I used to drive blue light Hospital vans 20 or more years ago and enjoyed driving then , but no longer :omg:

Mick.:olddude:

Trefor
7th October 2016, 08:26
You just have to let these idiots on their way, best they have an accident with someone in front of you rather than crashing into you. Even if I'm in a much much faster car I let any such idiot past and on their way. However as in Steve's case sometimes you can't avoid a confrontation with them.

I refuse to give up on one of my enjoyable hobbies just because of other idiots. Driving (or riding a motorbike) gives you the ultimate freedom. I love nothing more than driving down to The Alps for a summer break instead of flying.

I now have permanently installed dashcams in both my and Rose's cars (not the TVR though, just the Merc). I'm not a 'dashcam warrior' and would only really use it for evidence of an idiot/my defence :smile: I recorded this the other week, don't sit next to left-hand drive trucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SphA89LWhBQ

Mind you, I also recorded when I overtook an unmarked Police car who subsequently followed me for 10 miles of the A5 at 'high speed' and stopped me... ahem (I don't record speed on the GPS stamp of the camera btw).

Longweekend
7th October 2016, 09:25
I also utilise 2 x dash cams on our vehicles, you just never know.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th October 2016, 12:55
Would you think you may get more road rage and angry driving or trying to drive in the Phil's then here.
Yes I know it's queueing everywhere in the Phil's but once moving you never seen to see the aggressive people like here, or am I looking through rose tinted glasses

Terpe
7th October 2016, 14:35
Would you think you may get more road rage and angry driving or trying to drive in the Phil's then here.
Yes I know it's queueing everywhere in the Phil's but once moving you never seen to see the aggressive people like here, or am I looking through rose tinted glasses

In principle everyone here drives crazy.
Nobody has any road sense or spacial awareness.
There's no concept of consequencies.

Yes there are quite a few instances of road rage but here the outcomes are often not good as the vehicles often have a firearm somewhere.

This one, between a cyclist and motorist was headline news and very recent.
The driver attacked the cyclist who actually got the better in the physical confrontation. Then when it all seemed over the driver took a gun from his car and.......well watch the viseo if you want.
It's the wild west here sometimes.

https://youtu.be/a9vwqJxNFuM

Michael Parnham
7th October 2016, 18:21
Wow :NoNo:

grahamw48
7th October 2016, 23:30
It can happen here too if you fall out with the wrong person.

Remember that gangster... Kenneth Noye ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3243101/Road-rage-killer-gangster-Kenneth-Noye-freed-today.html