PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to my shoes ?

Terpe
30th September 2016, 15:04
We had an eventful anniversary evening.

From an earlier post you'll see we were very disappointed with the offerings of Marikina Vikings foodwise.
The atmosphere and the ambience was good and the panoramic view was wonderful. The food selection let our evening down despite a good discount. I very much doubt we'll return.

On the way to our 'dinner date' our taxi driver didn't have a clue on the route despite us telling him where to turn etc.
Normally we'd walk as it's just a few minutes, but it looked like a thunderstorm was about to break.
We jumped out at the LRT station and took the purpose built walkway to SM. The taxi meter showed P50 which was just P10 above the starting rate of P40.

Anyway, as we walked along large section of the heel of my shoe suddenly came adrift.
What to do now......
As we continued more chunks came aways from the soles of both my shoes.
These were not cheap shoes.They were quite expensive Hushpuppies and looked to be in great condition.

To be honest, I hadn't worn them since arriving here, so about 2 years packed in a box.

I needed to go to SM payments centre to pay the electric bill for the Cubao condo. The soles of my shoes continued to disintegrate with black chunks falling off.

I decided I need to buy some footware and ditch these rotten shoes.
I removed the shoes and continued in my socks .
After paying the bill and walking away, a man chased after me frantically stating I'd left my shoes under the bench. I smiled and they were broken and I'd buy new ones and quickly disappeared around the corner and down the escalator to the mens department.

My wife was already there in the shoes section and had found a nice pair of Filo casual shoes reduced from P2500 to P995
I quickly grabbed a pair , paid and continued to our dinner venue.

It's a funny experience to be noticed wandering around SM without shoes, and I felt my wife was a little embarrased, although she didn't say so, but we laughed and so did most of the sales folks in the area.

I wonder what happened to my lovely Hushpuppies ????

I'd better check all my stored shoes and see how they've faired.

I don't generally wear shoes :wink:
Or socks :wink:

grahamw48
30th September 2016, 18:19
:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Sorry, but that is hilarious.

Possibly something to do with the different temperature and humidity in the Phils... though my trusty Clarks leather shoes have survived many trips over there. I do seal them in a strong plastic bag soon after arrival , and rarely actually wear them, other than on the plane. :smile:

jonnijon
30th September 2016, 22:44
There are little critters here that eat anything and everything:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

mickcant
1st October 2016, 05:56
When I worked in the health service in transport, we had a clothing allowance, we choose what we wanted from a selection on a points system, I had a pair of ordinary walking shoes, that I did not use for a few years, when I did the soles fell apart from the shoe body just as you describe in chunks, the rubber was crumbling.
I had had them too long to try and change!
Mick.:smile::cwm25:

Doc Alan
1st October 2016, 08:17
Perhaps Imelda Marcos may have asked the same question :biggrin:!

Could it be that your shoes end up in the Marikina City Shoe Museum (http://marikina.gov.ph/#!/Museum) , Peter ?

Some of the shoes on display there - donated by many others in addition to Imelda M - have also not been worn for a very long time :smile:.

stevewool
1st October 2016, 09:16
We had an eventful anniversary evening.

From an earlier post you'll see we were very disappointed with the offerings of Marikina Vikings foodwise.
The atmosphere and the ambience was good and the panoramic view was wonderful. The food selection let our evening down despite a good discount. I very much doubt we'll return.

On the way to our 'dinner date' our taxi driver didn't have a clue on the route despite us telling him where to turn etc.
Normally we'd walk as it's just a few minutes, but it looked like a thunderstorm was about to break.
We jumped out at the LRT station and took the purpose built walkway to SM. The taxi meter showed P50 which was just P10 above the starting rate of P40.

Anyway, as we walked along large section of the heel of my shoe suddenly came adrift.
What to do now......
As we continued more chunks came aways from the soles of both my shoes.
These were not cheap shoes.They were quite expensive Hushpuppies and looked to be in great condition.

To be honest, I hadn't worn them since arriving here, so about 2 years packed in a box.

I needed to go to SM payments centre to pay the electric bill for the Cubao condo. The soles of my shoes continued to disintegrate with black chunks falling off.

I decided I need to buy some footware and ditch these rotten shoes.
I removed the shoes and continued in my socks .
After paying the bill and walking away, a man chased after me frantically stating I'd left my shoes under the bench. I smiled and they were broken and I'd buy new ones and quickly disappeared around the corner and down the escalator to the mens department.

My wife was already there in the shoes section and had found a nice pair of Filo casual shoes reduced from P2500 to P995
I quickly grabbed a pair , paid and continued to our dinner venue.

It's a funny experience to be noticed wandering around SM without shoes, and I felt my wife was a little embarrased, although she didn't say so, but we laughed and so did most of the sales folks in the area.

I wonder what happened to my lovely Hushpuppies ????

I'd better check all my stored shoes and see how they've faired.

I don't generally wear shoes :wink:
Or socks :wink:

What a site you must have been , i wish i was following you with my camera :xxgrinning--00xx3: