PDA

View Full Version : Irish Citizenship...

grahamw48
17th September 2016, 10:49
Well, all the required documents are now assembled to prove my claim... just in case I ever need to climb back in to the EU. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
17th September 2016, 17:07
Well, all the required documents are now assembled to prove my claim... just in case I ever need to climb back in to the EU. :biggrin:

Good stuff Graham, don't lose them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
17th September 2016, 20:31
Only wish I'd applied years ago Michael. :smile:

Leo
18th September 2016, 14:16
Hello Graham I have got an Irish passport I filled out the forms sent my mothers birth certificate also proof of address and the application went through very fast all documents came back with the passport are you going to try to bring your wife to the UK through Ireland I think they are a lot more relaxed about it
good luck

johncar54
18th September 2016, 17:40
My mother was born in N Ireland. I was born in UK. I discovered 5 years ago that as my mother was born in the island of Ireland I was entitled to Irish nationality. I applied. It took a couple of weeks. When my British passport was due for renewal I just let it lapse.

I understand that since the Brexit vote the delay from application to the passport being issued has lengthened considerably.

Arthur Little
18th September 2016, 19:49
I understand that since the Brexit vote the delay from application to the passport being issued has lengthened considerably.

Oh well, :icon_rolleyes: on that "cheerful note", :doh ... I hope Graham's among the lucky few who don't have to wait indefinitely!

grahamw48
18th September 2016, 22:07
Yes, I will apply for an Irish Passport. It will take as long as it takes. I accept that... probably not as long as my son's British one anyway. :NoNo:

After that I may well look into bringing my wife here using the benefit of Irish Citizenship... if there is any, by then. :smile:

I would like our boy to be able to attend school in England, so that gives us another 3 or 4 years yet. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
18th September 2016, 22:13
Hello Graham I have got an Irish passport I filled out the forms sent my mothers birth certificate also proof of address and the application went through very fast all documents came back with the passport are you going to try to bring your wife to the UK through Ireland I think they are a lot more relaxed about it
good luck

Hi Leo.

That's encouraging to hear.

I'm claiming through my Grandmother... born in Co.Wicklow back in 1901. :smile:

I just need a copy of my own birth cert now (as the original is still with the UK Passport Office :NoNo:) ... plus my ID document notarising.

I don't want to use my passport as ID, so I'm hoping that my driving licence might do :Erm:. Oh, just remembered, I think a COPY of my passport is ok. :xxgrinning--00xx3: