PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain Today....

Terpe
8th September 2016, 14:00
I knew it would be a rough day weatherwise today because 'they' took away the floating bridge over the Marikina River.

Adds about 5 mins to a walking journey to SM Marikina over Marcos Bridge.

What a downpour we've had, what a fantastic lightening show we had once darkness had fallen.
Though my wife would have a heart attack. She just can't seem to manage the very best of thunderstorms.

The neighbours appear to have gotten used to me wandering outside in such weather...........despite not understanding why on earth the foreigner would contemplate such madness :wink:

Terpe
8th September 2016, 14:01
Forgot to mention, found some new leaks in the house to fix with a change in wind direction :Cuckoo:

Steve.r
8th September 2016, 19:24
I do love thunderstorms too

stevewool
8th September 2016, 19:32
The other day we had the loudest clap of thunder that just kept rolling along, but funny we had no rain

Terpe
9th September 2016, 13:02
Most of my neighbours know by now that when the very severe thunderstorms come I will go out and about.

Some are extreme and a bit scary..... but so exciting.

SimonH
9th September 2016, 14:06
Mad dogs and English men go out in the Manila rain :Erm:

grahamw48
9th September 2016, 21:33
I'm planning to be there early November, for 6 or 8 weeks, when hopefully things should have dried up a bit. :Erm:

My Mrs. says I won't like it at the moment, because the (bare earth) kitchen floor is all muddy and full of holes.

Ah there's nowt like being close to nature. :biggrin:

stevewool
10th September 2016, 07:19
I'm planning to be there early November, for 6 or 8 weeks, when hopefully things should have dried up a bit. :Erm:

My Mrs. says I won't like it at the moment, because the (bare earth) kitchen floor is all muddy and full of holes.

Ah there's nowt like being close to nature. :biggrin:

8 weeks now i wonder what you can get up to in that time, house built??, lots of kite flying,

grahamw48
10th September 2016, 10:01
Those are likely to be included Steve... yes, plus racing cars on my (old) Xbox and yet to be bought multisystem TV, and occasionally imitating a drowning man, or wooing the crowds with my karaoke warblings at our local beach. :xxgrinning--00xx3: