PDA

View Full Version : What is a knighthood?

stevewool
28th August 2016, 09:16
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/shadow-chancellor-john-mcdonnell-calls-for-richard-branson-to-be-stripped-of-his-knighthood/ar-AAia5e5?li=BBoPWjQ.

Yes its old news now, but for those who dont know, here is a quick run down,
Some old bloke gets on a train cant find a seat for him and his wife , so he sits on the floor without his wife and a picture is taken of him sitting there trying to do some important work.
Well if the work was so important for his speech in Newcastle and this was organized weeks /months ago why was no tickets booked in advanced.
My daughters travel lots by trains and they always book well in advance and they get there seat and they get a great price too, ok you may have to leave a little later say a hour or so but you can save a fortune they say.
Now what makes this worst this old bloke may one day be the top dog of England and your telling me his people would rather let him travel this way , or was it all for the Camera,
Anyway why strip a Knighthood from someone because they dare to say you are wrong, there are other great things has Richard Branson has done to warrant his Knighthood i am sure,

johncar54
28th August 2016, 15:49
This was a stupid, ill thought through publicity stunt by Corbyn’s team which backfired and showed just what a lot of would-be manipulative, incompetent liars they are.

As for knighthoods, how about one for the person who exposed the plot ?

Arthur Little
28th August 2016, 19:20
Knighthoods :kngt: have, IMO ... :anerikke: ... become a mockery ever since the "Establishment" started dishing them out willy~nilly to the likes of pop idols and sports personalities.