PDA

View Full Version : Unnamed Second Earth?

Arthur Little
26th August 2016, 16:04
Truly mind~boggling! :cwm24:

ANOTHER habitable planet? And - what's more - it's outwith the bounds of our solar system! :cwm25:

Michael ... knowing you're keen on science fiction articles (which could, conceivably, become fact) I'm sure this'll appeal to you, my friend.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3754523/A-second-Earth-revealed-tomorrow-Habitable-planet-orbiting-sun-s-neighbour-host-alien-life.html :ReadIt:

Enjoy! But REMEMBER to "refresh" your page afterwards.

stevewool
26th August 2016, 17:54
We are not alone:omg: i have my mate to correct me

Steve.r
26th August 2016, 18:04
Loan ? :REGamblMoney01HL1: or alone ? :sexy_146:

stevewool
26th August 2016, 19:09
Loan ? :REGamblMoney01HL1: or alone ? :sexy_146:

I am not a loan or alone :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th August 2016, 09:03
Thank you Arthur, been reading up on this via MSN, many years ago Arthur when the 'Daily Herald' newspaper was around 40's/50's there was a little daily series titled Terra something can't remember the second word but it was about a duplicate planet like Earth the opposite side of the sun and I used to follow the story every day, I must have been only 6 or 7 years of age and I think that could have been the beginnings of my interest of science fiction, my follow up was the Eagle comic with Dan Dare & the Mekon a little later my interest were the Marvel comics with Captain Marvel (Shazam!) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th August 2016, 11:23
Thank you Arthur, been reading up on this via MSN, many years ago Arthur when the 'Daily Herald' newspaper was around 40's/50's there was a little daily series titled Terra something can't remember the second word but it was about a duplicate planet like Earth the opposite side of the sun and I used to follow the story every day, I must have been only 6 or 7 years of age and I think that could have been the beginnings of my interest of science fiction, my follow up was the Eagle comic with Dan Dare & the Mekon a little later my interest were the Marvel comics with Captain Marvel (Shazam!) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:smile: Ah ... memories, Michael! :icon_rolleyes: Yep, I remember the 'Eagle' comic well with Dan Dare ... his trusty sidekick, Digby and the wee green Mekon, Jeff Arnold in 'Riders :222::222: of The Range' :biggrin:, Harris Tweed, Extra Special Agent with his monacle. :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
27th August 2016, 15:20
Does anyone remember every Monday evening on the Light program a series titled 'Journey into space' I thought it was really exciting think it was 1950 but not sure! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th August 2016, 00:21
Does anyone remember every Monday evening on the Light program a series titled 'Journey into space' I thought it was really exciting', think it was 1950 but not sure! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

'Journey Into Space', as I recall, was introduced in :Rasp: strident tones by its announcer, Deryck Guyler for dramatic effect!

First broadcast on the BBC's Light programme in 1953 ... I started listening to it *a year later. Produced by Charles Chilton, it contained memorable characters, like "Jet" Morgan (captain) Doc Matthews, Stephen "Mitch" Mitchell and radio operator, Lemmy - initially played by David Kossoff and subsequently, Alfie Bass - whose usual exclamation seemed (to my mind, at least) to be, "Blimey!" :cwm24:

Never missed an episode from *then onwards! :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
30th August 2016, 07:23
Wow Arthur, you've certainly done your research and thank you so much, yes I remember all the characters and the words "produced by Charles Chilton" didn't think it was quite as late as 1953. Great series for it's time, also was 'Dick Barton special agent' around the same time?

Arthur Little
30th August 2016, 18:41
... was 'Dick Barton special agent' around the same time?

:Erm: ... NO, Michael, the 'Dick Barton' series - also broadcast on the 'Light' programme - began life in October 1946 ... occupying regular 15~minute slots each weekday evening, with a morning omnibus edition on Saturdays [eventually] being introduced. And the series ran until March 1951 ... when it was replaced by 'The Archers'.

Way before my time ... :anerikke: ... but once again, I've been doing my research. :smile:

Michael Parnham
30th August 2016, 19:07
:Erm: ... No, Michael, the Dick Barton series - also broadcast on the Light programme - began life in October 1946 ... occupying regular 15~minute slots each weekday evening, with a morning omnibus edition on Saturdays [eventually] being introduced. And the series ran until March 1951 ... when it was replaced by 'The Archers'.

Way before my time ... :anerikke: ... but once again I've been doing my research. :smile:

Will come up with some more later:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th August 2016, 19:35
Will come up with some more later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:wink: ... History happened to be my favourite subject at school. So :please: feel free to fire :NEW3: away!

Michael Parnham
31st August 2016, 18:39
Hi Arthur,Do you remember Alf Alpha and Flannigan & Alan (Underneath the Arches) Also 'I love Lucy' on TV ? Whoa, almost forgot 'Riders of the Range' (on Light Program) and I think it was replaced by 'Mrs Dales Diary':Erm: