PDA

View Full Version : Threads

Arthur Little
17th August 2016, 18:40
Jeez :icon_rolleyes: ... do I have to be the only member who rummages around for new - and interesting - material that [hopefully] will attract the attention of the majority of our readers???

SimonH
17th August 2016, 19:22
It would appear so, Arthur :biggrin: Unfortunately us youngsters have to go to work :wink:

Trefor
17th August 2016, 20:45
Your rummaging is appreciated Arthur

stevewool
17th August 2016, 20:48
Its hard to start a thread Arthur and sometimes i think its harder to answer it too, well thats what i see:biggrin:

Arthur Little
18th August 2016, 00:23
It would appear so, Arthur :biggrin: Unfortunately us youngsters have to go to work :wink:

Oh yes, :iagree:! But taking into account the 7/8 hours' time difference between :Britain: and the Phils, you'd imagine the numbers online would balance out over any twenty-four hour period, if you get my drift. Although, admittedly ...:anerikke: ... there're far fewer of our regular posters living in the Philippines than in the UK.

fred
18th August 2016, 00:30
Whats the matter Art..Not interested in Rocket stove pizza ovens?:Erm:

Arthur Little
18th August 2016, 01:01

:smile: Ah .................... :yeahthat:'s nice of you to say so, Trefor ... many thanks.

Arthur Little
18th August 2016, 01:30
It's hard to start a thread Arthur and sometimes i think its harder to answer it too, well thats what i see :biggrin:

Oh don't I know it, Steve!

:doh ... which, is WHY, I spend so much time painstakingly trawling the internet for news items in the vain hope of being able to cater for as wide a range of tastes as possible, on a daily basis.

:olddude: ... but to be fair, it's easier for the likes of me, being retired. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th August 2016, 02:03
Whats the matter Art..Not interested in Rocket stove pizza ovens?:Erm:

Fred ... it isn't that I'm not interested, :nono-1-1: ... I simply wouldn't understand how to operate such an appliance. We are certainly accustomed to cooking pizzas ... in an ordinary gas oven.

fred
18th August 2016, 07:23
Only joking Art...Just illustrating a point really also..
Some topics just dont float some peoples boat!
Also I like good Pizza and Ive wrecked two good gas ovens completely overheating them for to long..Seals go first and I still could never get the required temps.. Need more power..Thus that thread.

Michael Parnham
18th August 2016, 07:49

Yes it is, and you always attract my attention Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
18th August 2016, 08:19
This has got me thinking , BAD news sells papers, and the say GOOD news no one is interested in.
Well i do like good news stories and there are a few on here but as some say some threads dont interest me , i have forgot about all the old rules about bringing our partners here and all the new ones well forget it, i dont need to know those,
I think we all should follow some members by saying at lease something on every thread, like, THATS NICE, I DONT HAVE THE ANSWER BUT SOMEONE WILL BE ALONG SOON, OR AINT THE WEATHER NICE ,
:biggrin::biggrin:

Harry T
18th August 2016, 08:43
Well i always browse the headlines of new Topics then read through what seems of interest, i guess Im a relative newbie on the forum, which says a lot about the Forum really. It is difficult to start a Topic and Im not one of the main Topic starters but more of a replier, I would like to say thanks to the Topic starters on this Forum or else we wouldnt be here without them... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
18th August 2016, 09:47
I would like to thank you Arthur, and all those members who provide new topics for discussion each day. Because some of the topics don't get a lot of replies does not mean that others are not interested (or appreciative... though maybe we could say so more often).

Like Harry, I'm more of a 'replier' ... don't know why... perhaps because after my many years in sales, 'geeing' people up, it's nice to be able to sit back and let others take the lead ? :Erm:

Arthur Little
18th August 2016, 20:13
Thanks to each of you, in turn, for your respective responses.

However, this thread was prompted by my sheer disbelief - :grosyeux: and GENUINE disappointment - at the general lack of interest in an article I'd come across ... then posted on the forum yesterday morning, for reasons that are self~explanatory:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/59638-Retired-Motor-Racing-Driver_Dano-Franchitti-Claims-Concussion-Changed-His-Personality

OK ... a few members did :ReadIt:! Yet NONE bothered to acknowledge it. It can be extremely frustrating :23_111_9[1]: when folk would seem to prefer answering trivia to replying to IMPORTANT notifications.

stevewool
18th August 2016, 21:03
Thats nice, :biggrin:,
I understand your frustration Arthur i have posted many and you get people looking but no comment left, dont let it stop you , it has not stopped me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th October 2017, 16:43
:reaction: ... once again, does the number of posts per page appear to keep diminishing? :icon_rolleyes: ... in spite of the valiant efforts by a faithful few - each of whom is trying exceedingly hard to counteract this trend.

Steve.r
27th October 2017, 17:24
Now just back in the UK, I connected to Sky Broadband and tried to open the forum. Sky has blocked the forum because it is a "dating" website. So.... unless you change your Sky Broadband settings you will not see the forum anyway. :cwm23:

Arthur Little
27th October 2017, 18:41
Now just back in the UK, I connected to Sky Broadband and tried to open the forum. Sky has blocked the forum because it is a "dating" website. So.... unless you change your Sky Broadband settings you will not see the forum anyway. :cwm23:

:welcomex: back to Blighty, Steve ... tho', naturally, you'd prefer to be in the Philippines with your loved ones. :cwm24:

:Erm: ... so you're saying Sky has blocked the forum? Strange ... because I happened to change over to Sky from 'TalkTalk' last January, and found myself unable to gain access - at first - presumably for the reason you've stated.

Arthur Little
27th October 2017, 20:19
So.... unless you change your *Sky Broadband settings you will not see the forum anyway. :cwm23:

Oh I managed to get *mine working too ... eventually. :icon_lol:

:Erm: ... so you're saying Sky has blocked the forum? Strange ... because I happened to change over to Sky from 'TalkTalk' last January, and found myself unable to gain access - at first - presumably for the reason you've stated.

Luckily, I had the foresight to immediately message Keith through facebook - at the time - and the problems I'd been experiencing were duly resolved

Slip
27th October 2017, 21:18
Actually when I am at Harlene's Aunt's house I can't get on here via her aunt's wifi as Sky blocks the site. That's been going on the past couple of years.

Arthur Little
28th October 2017, 00:39
Actually when I am at Harlene's Aunt's house I can't get on here via her aunt's wifi as Sky blocks the site. That's been going on the past couple of years.

:cwm23: ... GRR! :cwm25: ... THAT, of course, was the fault of the blinkin' pundits at Google - prompting our Site Administrators to make a somewhat radical name change - a while back ... ! :furious3:

Arthur Little
28th October 2017, 15:13
:cwm23: ... GRR! :cwm25: ... THAT, of course, was the fault of the blinkin' pundits at Google - prompting our Site Administrators to make a somewhat radical name change - a while back ... ! :furious3:

OK, :yeahthat:. But NOT ONLY THAT! :nono-1-1: ... STRINGENT IMMIGRATION RULES implemented by HM Home Office in 2012 have led to a MASSIVE DROP in the numbers of non~European Settlement Visa applicants on lower incomes who [rightly] feel it's a 'lost cause', nowadays.

grahamw48
28th October 2017, 15:35
Very true Arthur.... and how does it make sense, when the wife is permitted to work here from the off anyway ? :anerikke:

Ako Si Jamie
11th December 2017, 22:15
Jeez :icon_rolleyes: ... do I have to be the only member who rummages around for new - and interesting - material that [hopefully] will attract the attention of the majority of our readers???

I've done it for years albeit not so much lately. Check the video section for confirmation. :t11t2: