PDA

View Full Version : Baha !!!!!

Terpe
12th August 2016, 11:50
We've been in the house in Marikina all day so far.

We had a plan to spend today and tonight in our Quezon City condo. Sadly though too much of Quezon City is waist deep with floods so travel was not on our 'to-do' list today
These past few days have been almost no-stop heavy rain. Many schools closed.

I'll be popping out later to get some supplies of beer, but have no intention of visiting the Marikina River which was in danger of bursting it's banks even on Wednesday.
May take a peek tomorrow if I have time.

Luckily we are not in any danger of floods at all. There are a number of leaks in the house I need to fix properly though.
Good to have found them before going away for a holiday

fred
12th August 2016, 12:01
There are a number of leaks in the house I need to fix properly though.
Good to have found them before going away for a holiday

http://www.bostik.com.ph/_newsdata/87/object/main.jpg

:wink:

Terpe
12th August 2016, 12:20
Thanks fred, I'll be looking for that tomorrow...

Steve.r
12th August 2016, 14:26
I hope you have some wellies Peter

Terpe
13th August 2016, 07:01
Heavy rain all night long.
We had a short 30 min break in the rain then it came back even heavier.

I experienced some very heavy prolonged monsoon rains when I lived in India, and the rain today reminded me of just that.

We'll need to venture out at some time to stock upon provisions. We'll both be in surf shorts t-shirt and crocs with an umbrella each. Thank goodness the wind has dropped enough for a brolly :wink:

The radio stations are all advising folks to stay home and not to go out, but so many still need to get to work.
With so many roads flooded, not many PUV's to be had people are apparently walking through floods to get to work.