PDA

View Full Version : "How Did I Do As A Blind Dad?"

Arthur Little
31st July 2016, 17:18
Mike Lambert puts this "searching" question to his university student daughter, Caitlin (his only child) as she prepares to celebrate her 21st birthday. And, of course, you can fully understand the man's anxiety as a father, coping with what, I'm sure, must be - by far - one of the toughest handicaps to afflict ANY human being ... let alone, a parent.

Yes ... it's a very touching story - literally:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-36474810 ... please :ReadIt:!

Arthur Little
31st July 2016, 18:21
Mind you, ... :anerikke: ... as a father myself - with fairly profound, (hopefully temporary) hearing difficulties :icon_rolleyes: - I can vouch for the fact that it ain't a :joke: being deaf either, believe me :nono-1-1: ... so
much so, I've had to give up using the :telephone: to contact my family lately - being forced to rely on communicating with them through facebook, instead.

But at least I have my sight, for which I'm grateful! :wink:

lordna
31st July 2016, 18:23
Wow, good story! Makes you realise how lucky we are being able to see and what it means to be without sight.

Arthur Little
31st July 2016, 19:08
Wow, good story!

Thank you, Roland. :smile:

Makes you realise how lucky we are being able to see and what it means to be without sight.

Yes :cwm24: ... quite, :iagree:!

grahamw48
1st August 2016, 11:10
Nice story Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I had a relationship with a blind girl.

It was challenging and rewarding, but took me ages to get her husband's voice right. :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
1st August 2016, 11:21
Lovely story Arthur, what a nice man he is, also a great dad:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
1st August 2016, 11:24
Nice story Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I had a relationship with a blind girl.

It was challenging and rewarding, but took me ages to get her husband's voice right. :cwm25:

Love it:wink: