PDA

View Full Version : My biggest rainstorm....ever....

Terpe
24th July 2016, 15:37
We're safe back home in our condo after experiencing the biggest, heaviest rainstorm I ever seen here.
It came on suddenly with the loudest thunder you can imagine. Mall lights flickered and flickered. Folks screamed and panicked. The water leaked in just about everywhere.

My wife was scared. I wish I'd got my camera with me.

We waited until it stopped raining before making our way back home even though the lightening and thunder continued.

It's my wife's flight to Davao tomorrow and I'll be making my way home to Marikina. Hope the house is OK ....

Yes it was scary but also a very exciting experience.

stevewool
24th July 2016, 15:59
Pity you did not have your camera or phone camera Peter, they would have been worth seeing

Steve.r
24th July 2016, 17:31
i love it when it does that. We all end up outside and chasing each other with rain filled tabos

Arthur Little
25th July 2016, 00:06
Thunder may-well sound frightening ... :anerikke: ... but it's the prospect - (however slim!) - of being struck by a :Bolt: of lightning that's always worried me.

Arthur Little
25th July 2016, 00:41
Thunder may-well sound frightening ... :anerikke: ... but it's the prospect - (however slim!) - of being struck by a :Bolt: of lightning that's always worried me.

...................................... :yeahthat: ... especially if I happened to be out in the middle of nowhere, :cwm24: on my [metal~framed] bike, when caught - without ANY chance of shelter - in the midst of a sudden, violent thunderstorm. :omg:!

grahamw48
25th July 2016, 10:52
The awesome power of nature. :icon_sorry:

Terpe
25th July 2016, 13:11

I always say to Carina that if she can hear the thunder she's safe :wink:

Terpe
25th July 2016, 13:13
The awesome power of nature. :icon_sorry:

Absolutely.
It's so wonderful
Although here in the Philippines it can so easily spell nightmare

Terpe
25th July 2016, 13:16
i love it when it does that. We all end up outside and chasing each other with rain filled tabos

If I know I'm safe I love it so much. Just like you.
Carina gets really really scared. she's experienced typhoon so many times she gets those heeby Geebies

:icon_lol:

Steve.r
25th July 2016, 14:04
When I was in China in Zhangjiagang, we went out to a park with the children but we could see a storm brewing from our apartment. We were playing on the playground toys and it started to spit with heavy thunder spots of rain so we decided to walk home (about half a mile or so) As we started to walk we put both Vincent and Lenii in the buggy together and put the hood over. Then the heavens opened, wind, incredibly strong rain and thunder and lightning, the hardest I have ever been in, even more than in Philippines. The lightning storm was directly overhead so we took cover in a chinese shop doorway and just watched.The lightning struck a few times in the same place no more that 30 meters away, it was awesome. the crack of the lightning exploding the water molecules so close is something you never really hear. As the the lightning got less, we were going to walk back through the now flooded streets, but the kind chinese shop keeper, gave us a big umbrella and a small tarp to cover the children's legs. We eventually got back home, soaked, but thrilled at what we had been through.

stevewool
25th July 2016, 14:09
Did you return those umbrella's and tarp Steve:biggrin:

Terpe
25th July 2016, 14:27
JUst brilliant Steve, but so scrary

Steve.r
25th July 2016, 15:01
Did you return those umbrella's and tarp Steve:biggrin:Yes Stevie I did return them :raining:

JUst brilliant Steve, but so scrary Like Graham said, nature is awesome, specially up close.