PDA

View Full Version : Further leave to remain

Slip
19th July 2016, 17:44
Are the requirements the same as when I got Harlene here on a spouse visa?
Reason I ask is I am about to move home and be unemployed for a while (hopefully not too long) Harlene has been here since November 2014. So not to sure when, but I'm guessing by the start of next year we have to start preparing for her application.

So I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction for requirements for further leave to remain. Harlene is worried if my new job doesn't meet the salary expectations they will send her home. Surely they can't when we have a child here.

tiger31
22nd July 2016, 18:03
They can send her home and even more likely now may is in power .I am stuck in Ireland nobody knows what's gonna happen in the future.

marksroomspain
23rd July 2016, 23:30
Reason I ask is I am about to move home and be unemployed for a while (hopefully not too long) Harlene has been here since November 2014. So not to sure when, but I'm guessing by the start of next year we have to start preparing for her application.

So I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction for requirements for further leave to remain. Harlene is worried if my new job doesn't meet the salary expectations they will send her home. Surely they can't when we have a child here.

Hiya Slip,

Not to frighten you but technically they can deport your wife if you or her seperately or jointly don't meet the income requirements but here is the good news...

The probability of that happening in my opinion and cases which I have studied is virtually zilch as in the fact you have a child together who is a British Citizen.

Under Article 8 of the a European Convention of Human Rights which gives a right to respect a persons private and family life which has to be considered if and this is a big if your wife's curtailment is cut short regarding failure to secure FLR.

Basically it means "The best interests of the child comes foremost in any decision before a possible tribunal and as the child is a British Citizen the law is on your side as no British Citizen can be deported and no judge in my opinion would separate a child from its loving mother.

Remember we are still part of the EU for the next couple of years at least so it's in your favour.

The probable worst case scenario would be your wife is put on the 10 year route to full settlement (ILR) which is more expensive in the long run but for a little peace of mind that is nothing considering what you both have together.

Please get advice if needs be, I can say that they will say the same thing as me, hope I have put your mind to rest a little...

Take care...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
24th July 2016, 16:56
Don't worry I would imagine it to be very unlikely.

Terpe
25th July 2016, 12:57

You've received accurate info from marksroomspain

Worst case scenario is 10 yr route.
Chin up, try for that job with sufficient income.

Terpe
25th July 2016, 13:00

You've received accurate info from marksroomspain

The requirements are the same.
Chin up, try for that job with sufficient income.
Worst case scenario is 10 yr route.

Tell your wife to relax, she'll not get deported. Period

Slip
25th July 2016, 14:28
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I have no worries that I can find a job that will meet the requirements income wise. My only concern is I have yet to secure a job and won't do until I move there.
Just thinking worst case scenario I don't find work for 6 months or so.

I have also now handed my notice in at my current job as well. Although I have not specified a leaving date yet. Just informed them as per terms of my contract, I was giving a months notice and when I get the moving date so long as I have worked the months notice they will let me go at short notice.
Will see what they say when I am back to work next.

Terpe
25th July 2016, 14:32
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I have no worries that I can find a job that will meet the requirements income wise. My only concern is I have yet to secure a job and won't do until I move there.
Just thinking worst case scenario I don't find work for 6 months or so.

I have also now handed my notice in at my current job as well. Although I have not specified a leaving date yet. Just informed them as per terms of my contract, I was giving a months notice and when I get the moving date so long as I have worked the months notice they will let me go at short notice.
Will see what they say when I am back to work next.

When's your due date for FLR?

Slip
25th July 2016, 14:36
When's your due date for FLR?

Not sure, Harlene came here end of November 2014

Terpe
25th July 2016, 17:24
Not sure, Harlene came here end of November 2014

You need to check on that.
It"s an important date for you botn

Slip
25th July 2016, 18:43
You need to check on that.
It"s an important date for you botn

Well I know she arrived in the UK on November 30th 2014.

Just looked in her passport. Says spouse visa start date 21/11/14- 21/8/17

So if that's right we have just over a year to apply for FLR. Which is a bit of a relief as I am sure I will be working and hopefully fully established in my new job in a years time.

marksroomspain
25th July 2016, 21:11
Well I know she arrived in the UK on November 30th 2014.

Just looked in her passport. Says spouse visa start date 21/11/14- 21/8/17

So if that's right we have just over a year to apply for FLR. Which is a bit of a relief as I am sure I will be working and hopefully fully established in my new job in a years time.

That's correct Slip initial entrance visa is valid for a maximum 33 months it's just to give that person a 3 month window to initially enter UK so basically as long as Harlene has completed a minimum 30 months residency then she can apply for FLR so will put it like this:

Earliest Harlene can apply for FLR is 02/05/17 ie: maximum 28 days before her 30 month residency.

The latest is what it says on her visa 21/08/17 so hopefully that gives you time to sort things out and a bit of a window for manoeuvre.

As soon as your set with the requirements UKVI require and within the dates I have said then apply, it may be sooner than the latest expiry on her visa and at least another step onwards and upwards.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Mark...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
4th March 2017, 19:34
That's correct Slip initial entrance visa is valid for a maximum 33 months it's just to give that person a 3 month window to initially enter UK so basically as long as Harlene has completed a minimum 30 months residency then she can apply for FLR so will put it like this:

Earliest Harlene can apply for FLR is 02/05/17 ie: maximum 28 days before her 30 month residency.

The latest is what it says on her visa 21/08/17 so hopefully that gives you time to sort things out and a bit of a window for manoeuvre.

As soon as your set with the requirements UKVI require and within the dates I have said then apply, it may be sooner than the latest expiry on her visa and at least another step onwards and upwards.

Well we are almost there.... So I guess it's time I start looking into things and asking questions.

Hopefully we meet the financial requirements? I don't earn £18,600 in my current job, around £500 short a year from it. But if from what I've been told that they take Harlene's salary into account too, than we should be ok... If not I do have some savings that should be satisfactory. We have been struggling on my wages and trying not to touch my savings. Just so we meet the requirements. I'm also desperate for a better paid job, but want to get the For out of the way first.

Slip
4th March 2017, 19:34

Well we are almost there.... So I guess it's time I start looking into things and asking questions.

Hopefully we meet the financial requirements? I don't earn £18,600 in my current job, around £500 short a year from it. But if from what I've been told that they take Harlene's salary into account too, than we should be ok... If not I do have some savings that should be satisfactory. We have been struggling on my wages and trying not to touch my savings. Just so we meet the requirements. I'm also desperate for a better paid job, but want to get the FLR out of the way first.

Longweekend
4th March 2017, 19:43
Fingers crossed Slip, I'm sure it will be fine and that new job will be along soon....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th March 2017, 21:11

Hopefully we meet the financial requirements? I don't earn £18,600 in my current job, around £500 short a year from it. But if from what I've been told that they take Harlene's salary into account too, than we should be ok... If not I do have some savings that should be satisfactory. We have been struggling on my wages and trying not to touch my savings. Just so we meet the requirements. I'm also desperate for a better paid job, but want to get the For out of the way first.

You have done so much in the last few months, moving to the midlands and finding work, there is lots of work out there but it seems the agencies have first choice on lots of contracts.
Good luck in finding that job.
We have a new chap starting on the 13th plus we are still interviewing for drivers, they are hard to find it seems, " well the right ones ".

Slip
4th March 2017, 21:57
How does the biometrics thing work now?
Reading old posts on here and they say once you submit your application they then will ask for your biometrics.

Yet elsewhere I read you need to put it in with your application.

stevewool
4th March 2017, 22:21
How does the biometrics thing work now?
Reading old posts on here and they say once you submit your application they then will ask for your biometrics.

Yet elsewhere I read you need to put it in with your application.

The first one Emma did , you submit it and then they send you another letter.
Emma went to the Post Office and they did the prints and picture and signature all for a fee, but doing it this way it was quicker and straight forward too.

robbie bobby
4th March 2017, 23:30

Hopefully we meet the financial requirements? I don't earn £18,600 in my current job, around £500 short a year from it. But if from what I've been told that they take Harlene's salary into account too, than we should be ok... If not I do have some savings that should be satisfactory. We have been struggling on my wages and trying not to touch my savings. Just so we meet the requirements. I'm also desperate for a better paid job, but want to get the FLR out of the way first.

Chin up Slip.you should be fine if both of u have a combined salary of the minimum.The minute my missus got her spouse visa it was just one big worry from start to finish at every step of coming to UK to then getting her extension,registering and finding work,passing the required exams not to mention having to fork out thousands of pounds at each visa extension/naturalisation.Il tell u something-The people who are on the outside looking in at our lives with spouses from far away tend to think we have it easy.If only they knew the heartaches and decisions that have to be made to keep the ball rolling here and over there too!!
Of course it's all worth it at the end of the day but at the beginning of the journey it feels like there's no end to it all and it was really quite overwhelming on many occasions.Good luck !

Slip
5th March 2017, 11:17
Can someone point me in the direction where you apply for FLR. Also my wife was telling me about a health surcharge she needs. Apparently they are telling her about it on one of her Facebook groups.... This is a new one to me.

I'm still a couple of months away from applying and already my head's exploding!

stevewool
5th March 2017, 11:47
Can someone point me in the direction where you apply for FLR. Also my wife was telling me about a health surcharge she needs. Apparently they are telling her about it on one of her Facebook groups.... This is a new one to me.

I'm still a couple of months away from applying and already my head's exploding!

Have you been on the Gov web site Slip, its all on there

grahame 1
5th March 2017, 12:07

It is all on the form you pay £250 for the health surcharge.

Slip
5th March 2017, 12:38
It is all on the form you pay £250 for the health surcharge.

I did the calculator on the website, we pay £500 apparently, £200 per year, so we are applying for another 2 and half years so it says £500.

My next question is regarding the English test requirements. Harlene has passed the ielts with an overall band score of 6.0 is this ok, or will she need to do another English test

Terpe
5th March 2017, 12:46
Here's the FLR(M) form:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/579278/FLR_M_-12-2016.pdf

Here are few extracts:-

Applications on this form may be made online, by post or in person at one of our Premium
Service Centres. To apply in person, you must make an appointment.
If you apply by post, you must send your application to the following address:
Home Office
Leave to Remain - FLR(M)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

....... application forms change periodically. If you obtain this form some time before applying,
please check that it is still the version which must be used when you are ready to apply

Application for an extension of stay on the basis of your family life in the
UK as the partner or the dependent child of a person present and settled in the UK or as a partner or as the dependent child of a person with refugee leave
or humanitarian protection or as the dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave to enter or remain as the partner
of a person present and settled in the UK and for a biometric immigration document

.......As part of your application you are required to enrol your biometric information. You will be charged an additional handling fee for this service, payable to the Post Office Ltd. You must pay the fee by cash or debit card when you attend Post Office Ltd to enrol your biometrics. Each dependant included on your application must also pay this fee when they enrol their biometric
information. Do not send the biometric enrolment fee with your application fee.
[QUOTE]

Slip look to section 8 of the FLR(M) application form on page 48 for the Application of Biometric residence permit

As part of your application you may be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. Before
going any further, you should check https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application to confirm if an Immigration Health Surcharge assessment is required as part of your application. You must complete this before submitting your application and enter the reference number in this
application.

..Where the applicant has to meet the minimum income threshold, the financial
requirement can be met in the following 5 ways:

- Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work). This is referred to as
Category A or Category B, depending on the employment history. See section 5 of this guidance.

I've highlighted the key wording
Means you and your wife can use both incomes

Terpe
5th March 2017, 12:46
Here's the FLR(M) form:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/579278/FLR_M_-12-2016.pdf

Here are few extracts:-

Applications on this form may be made online, by post or in person at one of our Premium
Service Centres. To apply in person, you must make an appointment.
If you apply by post, you must send your application to the following address:
Home Office
Leave to Remain - FLR(M)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

....... application forms change periodically. If you obtain this form some time before applying,
please check that it is still the version which must be used when you are ready to apply

Application for an extension of stay on the basis of your family life in the
UK as the partner or the dependent child of a person present and settled in the UK or as a partner or as the dependent child of a person with refugee leave
or humanitarian protection or as the dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave to enter or remain as the partner
of a person present and settled in the UK and for a biometric immigration document

.......As part of your application you are required to enrol your biometric information. You will be charged an additional handling fee for this service, payable to the Post Office Ltd. You must pay the fee by cash or debit card when you attend Post Office Ltd to enrol your biometrics. Each dependant included on your application must also pay this fee when they enrol their biometric
information. Do not send the biometric enrolment fee with your application fee.
[QUOTE]

Slip look to section 8 of the FLR(M) application form on page 48 for the Application of Biometric residence permit

As part of your application you may be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. Before
going any further, you should check https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application to confirm if an Immigration Health Surcharge assessment is required as part of your application. You must complete this before submitting your application and enter the reference number in this
application.

..Where the applicant has to meet the minimum income threshold, the financial
requirement can be met in the following 5 ways:

- Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work). This is referred to as
Category A or Category B, depending on the employment history. See section 5 of this guidance.

I've highlighted the key wording
Means you and your wife can use both incomes

Slip
30th April 2017, 15:59
Well I am starting Harlene's FLR application this week. Going to take some time to gather everything together. I've set no time scale as such, but hope to have it all done by the end of May to send in.

Slip
30th April 2017, 16:45
I just printed off the forms (now need new ink!) I take it you can't fill the application out online?

cheekee
30th April 2017, 17:14
Good luck mate.

Ours comes next year.

Slip
1st May 2017, 12:34
Stuck here, don't know what to put.

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
current sponsor?

Yes No

Is it yes or no?

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are
choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a
settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or
as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an
initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6
months).

You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to
enter/remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave
or humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a
settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.

Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a
settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or
as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person).

Further period of leave following a previous grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled
person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, as a child of
a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period
of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Or
You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have
not yet completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1
You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the
Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave
to remain.

You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or
entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your
marriage or civil partnership will take place.

Then which one of the seven options listed above?

Not sure. Harlene came here on a spouse visa almost 30 months ago, so this will be the first time to extend to FLR

Slip
1st May 2017, 12:34
Good luck mate.

Ours comes next year.

Good luck

Leen
1st May 2017, 15:20
I think it's a YES and first choice,but if i have time i will check my documents from my application i think i save them:smile:good luck with your application

cheekee
2nd May 2017, 01:09
I would say

1) yes

2) first category

Slip
19th June 2017, 11:38
Well just spent the morning with Harlene filling out the novel that is the FLR application. Tomorrow we will post it with the various other documentation.

Then we wait!

grahame 1
21st June 2017, 09:11
Just be aware when they ask for your wife's bio metrics from the post office. A lot of them don't do it . You have to check first. We had to travel 30 miles for our nearest one.

Slip
21st June 2017, 10:37
Just be aware when they ask for your wife's bio metrics from the post office. A lot of them don't do it . You have to check first. We had to travel 30 miles for our nearest one.

Thanks. I did look into this. I know there isn't one close by. But one of the Facebook groups my wife belongs to, they said that they send you a list of post offices where you can get biometrics done when they write to ask for them.
Living not to far from the centre of Leicester, I am certain there must be one there.