PDA

View Full Version : Party Party

stevewool
18th July 2016, 07:15
There are parties and then there are PARTIES,
I am talking about the ones in the Philippines for a 8 year old,
I am sure many of us have nieces and nephews who our partners spoil by sending a little cash over and maybe its the biggest amount that they have ever seen too.
The other day it was the turn of another birthday bash and what a bash it turned out to be, music, singing, dancing and changing of gowns too, i tell you Disney princess could learn a bit form this party,A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY IN MY EYES,
Some family members are struggling to pay there bills , but others spends thousands on this special day for a 8 YEAR OLD,
It was all arranged by a event coordinate there was more film crews then the BBC and the parents looked on with smiling faces, the face of the child was not smiling once .
Its all for show and to tell others , look at what we have, this was the 2nd party of three for the same child , the first was at home simple cake and singing with family, the last was opening all the gifts, it was something you see in Toys R Us so many gifts,
I know every girl would like to be a princess and maybe the odd boy too, but come on really ,

Steve.r
18th July 2016, 08:56
But you know that is the way in the Philippines Steve. We have had nice parties for our children. There is a limit though. It is Lenii's birthday on the 28th and because of my situation right now there will be no party like before. I think everyone will go to the beach and have a cubo overnight. The children can play and swim on the beach and celebrate that way. No need for all the expense.
One thing though, as we have invited many other children from the Brgy to come, at least everyone goes away with a full stomach, so I suppose that helps.

Steve.r
18th July 2016, 08:58
We have been invited to parties from really spoiled kids though. Thousands and thousands spent for a venue, food, singers you know how it goes. The kids are so ungrateful and the parents just do it to show their wealth.