PDA

View Full Version : Post Britex

stevewool
10th July 2016, 08:50
Well its been a few weeks now and yes we have voted to leave but it seems we will be voting for a new government soon too.
But has anything change for you in such a short time,
I cannot see anything happening for a good few months and then we may see things going up and maybe even things coming down too,
Yes the pound has gone down against many currencies even the peso which concerns many who are on here,this may be a concern for people who have retired and have there income in £ and having to change it into the currency where ever they call home,
For me i still have options i can work longer and what we make in that time will cover our needs for the future, again we are still on course for our future but plans can and do change but as long as it suites us , all will be well

Terpe
10th July 2016, 09:34
I wonder what the outcome of a second referendum would be?

UK would not be the first

This post Brexit period is a huge opportunity to update and change the political system and the people who can mold it.

I just hope the best political and economic talent will have the character to stand up to the plate.

I don't mind biting the bullet on the £'s exchange rate up's and downs if I feel the best is yet to come.

grahamw48
10th July 2016, 10:10
I daren't look at the 'Peso' thread on this forum anymore. :cwm3:

... and politics seems to be in total meltdown in this country ! :anerikke:

SimonH
10th July 2016, 10:45

Talking of which, has anyone seen anything of Michael in the last week :Erm:

stevewool
10th July 2016, 12:23

... and politics seems to be in total meltdown in this country ! :anerikke:

Rates go up and rates go down,
In all the years you have been involved with the Phils , you should know how it all works Graham,

stevewool
10th July 2016, 12:25

I dont want to rock the boat here, but can you all remember when the last election was around and we lost a member due to there choice , just saying that all:cwm25:

stevewool
10th July 2016, 12:26
I wonder what the outcome of a second referendum would be?

UK would not be the first

This post Brexit period is a huge opportunity to update and change the political system and the people who can mold it.

I just hope the best political and economic talent will have the character to stand up to the plate.

I don't mind biting the bullet on the £'s exchange rate up's and downs if I feel the best is yet to come.

Its out of our hands what ever happens next, but like you say, i wish we have some very strong people standing up for what we are wanting

Arthur Little
10th July 2016, 13:11

:cwm25: ... funny you should ask ... :yeahthat:'s what I'd been wondering! :cwm24:

Terpe
10th July 2016, 13:55
:cwm25: ... funny you should ask ... :yeahthat:'s what I'd been wondering! :cwm24:

Me too.
He'd become a prolific poster the suddenly...........:anerikke:
Hope he's OK :Erm:

Arthur Little
10th July 2016, 18:22
Hope he's OK :Erm:

Yes, :iagree: ... it's strange he hasn't been posting now for at least a week. Let's face it ... :anerikke: ... we've all grown accustomed to his daily updates on the peso's progress [or lack, thereof] against the pound, thus turning the thread - started by 'Hawk' - into what must, I think, be THE LONGEST ever in the forum's history! :biggrin:

Arthur Little
10th July 2016, 19:44
Odd, too, :icon_rolleyes: ... that there'd been [I]zilch response from Michael on first, the Austrian Formula 1 event, and now - even more especially - on the British Grand Prix.

stevewool
10th July 2016, 20:22
Odd, too, :icon_rolleyes: ... that there'd been [I]zilch response from Michael on first, the Austrian Formula 1 event, and now - even more especially - on the British Grand Prix.

He may be on holiday , who knows or maybe he just wants a break,

grahamw48
10th July 2016, 21:42
Hope he's ok. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th July 2016, 03:21
Wasn't he moving to a new house sometime around now?

Maybe no internet :Erm:

Harry T
11th July 2016, 09:39
Back on Topic Im a Brexiteer, The most obvious things that have changed Steve are the increase in Pump prices the prices around here have gone up around 6p per litre, the pound continues to slide almost 0.5% down today, and what we cant see yet but if anyone checks out Annuity Incomes (our private pension) they will be reduced.

The problem is that all of this is over the short term, long term as a Country things will improve but of course we have to ride out the storm in the present and near term.

stevewool
11th July 2016, 12:20
You are right Harry, it should all come straight later I hope,
What's in my favour is I am still working and saving hard and our plan is to Finnish next year but by staying a month or so will give me the extra amount that I can put towards any losses,or as Ems says new shoes

SimonH
11th July 2016, 12:44
We all have a common interest on this forum and that's either an association via a partner from the Philippines or the plan to live there unless you're living there already.
The upshot of this is, that if you rely on a Stirling based income from savings, pension or anything else you're now a minimum of 10% worse off.
It may not sound much, but it's a hell of a lot. If you've budgeted say 50,000php a month that was £735 and now it's £819 or over £1000 a year.

Arthur Little
11th July 2016, 15:58
The upshot of this is, that if you rely on a Stirling based income from savings, pension or anything else you're now a minimum of 10% worse off.

:Erm: ... surely you mean Sterling, Simon. :wink:

Anyway, :iagree: with your calculations.

SimonH
11th July 2016, 16:07

Should ave known better then two try and get my speeling mistook passed U Arthur

stevewool
11th July 2016, 16:10

It looked fine to me:Rasp:

grahamw48
11th July 2016, 16:50
Of course another factor will be whether the Phils.. and the value of the peso turns to **** under a certain new leader. :cwm25:

The pound can't strengthen soon enough though. :cwm3:

Arthur Little
12th July 2016, 13:53
Of course another factor will be whether the Phils.. and the value of the peso turns to **** under a certain new leader. :cwm25:

Cannot comment on the peso, I'm afraid. But :yeahthat: "certain new leader's" already doing a good job ... in getting "shot" :NEW3: of the evil drug lords he promised to eradicate during his manifesto! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
12th July 2016, 16:46
That's ok if you're not there Arthur... in the wrong place, at the wrong time, or in the wrong company.

Summary and vigilante justice is a pretty scary prospect, appealing as it may seem for certain crimes , at first sight. :cwm25:

fred
13th July 2016, 03:20
That's ok if you're not there Arthur... in the wrong place, at the wrong time, or in the wrong company.

Summary and vigilante justice is a pretty scary prospect, appealing as it may seem for certain crimes , at first sight. :cwm25:

https://youtu.be/PnQJNFIl7ho

grahamw48
13th July 2016, 08:33
Thanks for illustrating my point Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
13th July 2016, 11:02
Rather worrying i am thinking now

Harry T
13th July 2016, 11:26
Cannot comment on the peso, I'm afraid. But :yeahthat: "certain new leader's" already doing a good job ... in getting "shot" :NEW3: of the evil drug lords he promised to eradicate during his manifesto! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Surely this is Post Duterte rather than Post Brexit ?:biggrin::wink: I didnt see any vigilantes around Bournemouth lol.

grahamw48
13th July 2016, 12:45
I think we mean that both countries are currently in the shhh..... :cwm25::biggrin:

stevewool
21st July 2016, 22:28
Well nearly 4 weeks on and still we are here, the only thing that has changed for many we have a new prime minister and what a good job she is doing so far,
Shares are still going up:xxgrinning--00xx3:, ok the peso is not as high but again its going the right way still, so where is all this glum they all promised us,
I do think we are on a roll and the other countries that did try to keep us in are now seeing that there is life outside of Europe .
There next plan is to get us out quicker so others will not follow and many will not lose there jobs either

grahamw48
21st July 2016, 23:44
Yes, and the sooner the negative idiots in this country shut their mouths, the better for all of us. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd July 2016, 07:57
EU law still stands in the UK until it ceases being a member. Whist UK remains a member it must abide by all EU treaties, laws and regulations and laws, but will not be able to take part or have any inflence in any decision-making at all.

Article 50 will need to be formally invoked, the UK will then have a countdown of two years to negotiate its withdrawal.
Mrs May has stated she will not invoke Article 50 before the end of 2016

Looks like in 2018 UK will be EU-free

stevewool
23rd July 2016, 08:03
Looks like in 2018 UK will be EU-free

Who knows, maybe we will , maybe we wont,
I do hope after all the planning i am making i will be UK free, other then income coming from the uk

Terpe
23rd July 2016, 08:05
..... other then income coming from the uk

Not many options on that one sadly :NoNo:

stevewool
23rd July 2016, 08:50
Not many options on that one sadly :NoNo:

So True ,
If i was younger we would have invested in buildings over in the Phils or where ever we may call home, but being the age i am and the outlays for doing this , i or should i say we will not see the returns in our life time, so better spend the cash on the things we both may enjoy in life

Terpe
23rd July 2016, 13:57
So True ,
If i was younger we would have invested in buildings over in the Phils or where ever we may call home, but being the age i am and the outlays for doing this , i or should i say we will not see the returns in our life time, so better spend the cash on the things we both may enjoy in life

My feelings too Steve.
Wish I'd could have come here earlier but I didn't see the opportunity as a high enough priority.