PDA

View Full Version : My Bathroom upgade efforts

mickcant
8th July 2016, 06:18
Hi all,
I live is what was called "Sheltered Housing" now re named "Independent Living"
It is a nice ground floor flat that I am very happy to have and been her about 8 years or so.:smile:

I have been trying to have a walk in shower instead of the over bath one I have, as I cannot get into and out the bath so easy but the only way the Housing Association will allow it is if the resident qualifies for a grant to convert meaning they get their flat upgraded at no cost to them.

4 years ago I first tried and ended up with the over bath shower as the Occupational therapist who access clients said I could step into the bath ok. :bigcry:

So last year I tried again, saw different Occupational therapist and was hopeful!

They decided that it was not a shower I needed but a "super loo" one that washes your bum and dries it too. :omg:
The cost of which is about £3,500 fitted, and a walk in shower about £4,000
I asked if I could pay the £500 difference and have the shower, no they cant do that, but I can be re assed after a year and maybe get a walk in shower then, which would mean an almost double bill to end up with a shower. :doh

So they install the "super loo" which in our technical age needs a remote to operate it, all works well and might save a few pounds in loo roll over time!

With this gleaming "super loo" installed, I decided to paint the bathroom.

I was standing on my step ladder yesterday afternoon painting the wall and my knee gave out, I slipped and a full 1.1/2 litre tin of blue paint went everywhere!
being emulsion I could scoop some up then keep washing everything but it took all afternoon. :Brick::Help1::cwm25:
Mick. :Brick:

Steve.r
8th July 2016, 08:50
I bet the air was 'blue' too Mick.

Good job you never hurt yourself.

grahamw48
8th July 2016, 09:34
Sorry I'm laughing Mick. You thought of auditioning for Laurel and Hardy ? :icon_lol:

Anyway, it'll keep you out of trouble for a few days... cleaning up. :doh

Anytime you're up my way, you can borrow my walk-in shower (with handy fold-down seat), here in my OAP bungy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
8th July 2016, 10:18
Sorry I'm laughing Mick. You thought of auditioning for Laurel and Hardy ? :icon_lol:

Anyway, it'll keep you out of trouble for a few days... cleaning up. :doh

Anytime you're up my way, you can borrow my walk-in shower (with handy fold-down seat), here in my OAP bungy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks, that's just what I could do with:Rasp:
Mick.:olddude:

Doc Alan
8th July 2016, 11:16
You paint an honest picture of " Independent Living ", Mick, well done and best wishes :xxgrinning--00xx3:.