PDA

View Full Version : More controversy from Duterte

Ako Si Jamie
1st July 2016, 07:40
Wants civilians to murder drug addicts.......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/01/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-urges-people-to-kill-drug-addicts

Steve.r
1st July 2016, 09:15
Makes me worry a bit. The things he says mean that anyone with a tampo can go shoot their neigbour and get out of it by saying that they are drug pushers. Open season it seems. I do worry for my family there even we never do drugs, but my wife's brother does.
Just a few months ago he was being hunted by the police and came to our house to hide. I threw him out immediately because we already heard that one of his friends had been shot by police. His shack house had been ransacked by police looking for drugs too. No way did I want armed police looking around our house, i don't want to be associated with that.

grahamw48
1st July 2016, 11:14
I agree Steve.

Worrying times when you have such nonsense being spoken by people with such influence. :NoNo:

Steve.r
1st July 2016, 11:25
Yes, and where we live there have been several murders by the NPA. Ok, these were revenge killings for rape and one was a bad drug user/pusher, but it does happen on the doorstep and the most recent was a tricycle driver parked outside the gates of a school in the town. It won't take a lot to get these undesirables hired to shoot and kill more undesirables. Then maybe they will get around to shooting so called 'rich' foreigners who everyone is jealous of. You know what I mean.

Arthur Little
1st July 2016, 14:39
Wants civilians to murder drug addicts.......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/01/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-urges-people-to-kill-drug-addicts

You have to wonder where the press get some of their stories from. WHY, for instance, would reputable newspapers like the 'Guardian' get involved in *black propaganda (which I'm hoping :pray: *that's simply all it amounts) to!) like this?

Oh dear ... :anerikke: ... it's my understanding such measures would only be implemented for drug dealers - NOT those who are addicts. :NoNo:

Terpe
1st July 2016, 16:09
We watched his inauguration speech on TV
It was presented in English with occasional Bisaya and Tagalog "translations"

There were plenty of "jokes" which is pretty normal for him.

A lot of the stuff being banded about just isn't correct and is just media sensationalism. As per usual.
What he actually said was the opposite of what is being printed.

He stated that neither civilians nor police will be immune from the law if they do not follow the protocols laid down by the Philippine constitution. Period.

I thought his speech was very measured and very good. Oftentimes direct, but he's dealing with a government full of criminals who have the knowledge and the money to pervert justice.

I say give him a chance to bring about change and check reality and facts behind the media reporting.

He is direct, often harsh against criminal and corrupt behaviours, honest to a fault and wants to bring needed improvement to the lives of the ordinary folks of the Philippines.

Media the whole world over are just as corrupt and dishonest as the British media.

grahamw48
1st July 2016, 16:22
Unfortunately, it's the media who influence the people more than the politicians do these days... in most countries, like it or not. :crazy:

That was made abundantly clear with our own referendum, I reckon.

Of course I really HOPE that he improves the lives of ordinary Filipinos.

Terpe
1st July 2016, 16:50
Of course I really HOPE that he improves the lives of ordinary Filipinos.

That is his mandate.
He has a good heart and is 'straight as a die'
He pledged he's willing to die for his mandate and for his fellow countrymen. His cabinet gave the same pledge of loyalty to him.

I thought his speech was both moving and inspiring.

BTW as an aside the Chinese have softened their stance somewhat and will now allow Philippine fisherman back to work the SE China sea.

grahamw48
1st July 2016, 17:04
Interesting times ahead. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
1st July 2016, 22:48
I see he is giving the catholic church a bad time too :xxgrinning--00xx3: He say about poor people starving and cannot afford medicine while they are living it up on the money of the poor. :NoNo::NoNo::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd July 2016, 10:08
I can't fault that. About time somebody did. :xxgrinning--00xx3: