PDA

View Full Version : Hate crimes since Bretix

stevewool
30th June 2016, 18:12
Well here we go again, its all over the news and in every paper, we are all RACIST who voted for leaving the EU,
It seems more hate crimes and racist crimes against people from Europe and even the rest of the world but is it true,
I dont think i could tell a Polish person from a English person until they speak so is this another lie we are being told,
Now dont get me wrong its out there , it always has been out there , but before it seemed that its ok for the people who are white English to be called names and hated and even threatened with death, but now they are saying its the white english people doing this, I cannot comment because i have not seen it first hand , its only on TV and pictures in the papers , is this the vote IN trying to cause trouble do you think

Steve.r
30th June 2016, 18:31
Sore losers Steve, they have to blame something.

grahamw48
30th June 2016, 23:45
I do worry about my 22 year-old son here though.

lordna
4th July 2016, 11:07
Took the Mrs and little one to the Isle of Wight this weekend as it was her birthday. Sitting at breakfast in the hotel and my wife was using her phone to talk to her mother back in the Philippines. Another of the hotel guests came over and insisted she stop using her mobile phone, claiming it was the rules. Unable to dispute it at the time but i asked at reception after and they told me there were no such rules and my wife could talk to who she liked when she liked.

Having thought more about it, obviously the guest that complained didn't like my wife talking in her language/dialect (waray waray). I did try and look for the guest the next day with the aim of asking her not to speak english as i found it offensive, but unfortunately she was nowhere to be seen.

Surely it makes no difference if you talking across a table to someone or talking on a phone it really was none of anyone else's business. People really do think the Brexit vote has given them a right to be hostile to any foreigner.

I can understand why your worried about your son Graham, things are bad.

Trefor
4th July 2016, 11:58
Took the Mrs and little one to the Isle of Wight this weekend as it was her birthday. Sitting at breakfast in the hotel and my wife was using her phone to talk to her mother back in the Philippines. Another of the hotel guests came over and insisted she stop using her mobile phone, claiming it was the rules. Unable to dispute it at the time but i asked at reception after and they told me there were no such rules and my wife could talk to who she liked when she liked.

Having thought more about it, obviously the guest that complained didn't like my wife talking in her language/dialect (waray waray). I did try and look for the guest the next day with the aim of asking her not to speak english as i found it offensive, but unfortunately she was nowhere to be seen.

Surely it makes no difference if you talking across a table to someone or talking on a phone it really was none of anyone else's business. People really do think the Brexit vote has given them a right to be hostile to any foreigner.

This could easily have been one of those odd people who doesn't like others making any noise, unless they said something about speaking English, being of foreign origin etc. etc. That is the same as if you had 3 kids running riot in the breakfast room.

grahamw48
4th July 2016, 12:02
Here are my son (on the left) and my step-son... both fine young men who are an asset to our country, IMO. :smile:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/Rich%20and%20family%20stuff/Richard%20and%20Emman_zpswn5z5y2p.jpg~original

John.C
4th July 2016, 12:08
I want stevewool to be right. That someone is making stuff up for political means. (Even though that would be horrible).

But in the meantime please share your experiences with the forum. I wish to protect those that I care about and would like to know what we are dealing with here.

I am not ruling out making a Citizen's Arrest (if it comes to that). Casual insults by angry elderly men (in Supermarket Checkout Queues), against women.....against anybody....... must not be tolerated.

lordna
4th July 2016, 12:17
This could easily have been one of those odd people who doesn't like others making any noise, unless they said something about speaking English, being of foreign origin etc. etc. That is the same as if you had 3 kids running riot in the breakfast room.

Difficult to explain really but it was a very large room with not much in the way of soft furnishings and lots of tables with people talking openly. My wife wasn't speaking any louder than anyone else and there were others, i noticed talking on mobile phones. The "lady" complaining seemed also to think it was "bad manners" talking on a phone whilst eating breakfast. Well as she wasn't sitting at my table and i was not sitting at hers, i didn't really think she had a point.

...fine pair of lads in your picture.

stevewool
4th July 2016, 13:52

Now dont take this the wrong way, but when Emma calls her dad in the Phils and she is on the phone talking her own language, no matter where we are i am usually sitting near her, and i have to say stop shouting Ems, even when she is talking to fiends here, she or her friends dont need a phone because they can here them a mile away, or is it just me :biggrin:

stevewool
4th July 2016, 13:53
Here are my son (on the left) and my step-son... both fine young men who are an asset to our country, IMO. :smile:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/Rich%20and%20family%20stuff/Richard%20and%20Emman_zpswn5z5y2p.jpg~original

Great looking boys , you must be Proud

stevewool
4th July 2016, 13:57
Difficult to explain really but it was a very large room with not much in the way of soft furnishings and lots of tables with people talking openly. My wife wasn't speaking any louder than anyone else and there were others, i noticed talking on mobile phones. The "lady" complaining seemed also to think it was "bad manners" talking on a phone whilst eating breakfast. Well as she wasn't sitting at my table and i was not sitting at hers, i didn't really think she had a point.

You can tell if there is going to be a problem when you walk into a room and you somehow dont fit in, i call it being jealous of what you have and they dont,
You do have to be on your guard though, even walking in town you do get the stares from people but these are mainly European groups but i just think if thats how you want to treat people you have no chance ,and carry on walking,

mickcant
4th July 2016, 14:33

Which part of the Isle of Wight did you go and stay in?
As an Islander I have never stayed in any hotel her though :cwm25:
Mick.:olddude:

SimonH
4th July 2016, 14:52
Only experienced this once about 3 years ago. Leaving the local after a few drinks there was a woman there who'd had a few too many and as we were leaving I overheard her saying "I wonder how much he paid for her" :cwm23:
We left as Shey asked me to ignore it, but the red mist descended as we started to walk down the street, so I about turned and went back to the pub and informed the woman that if she was a bloke then she'd be picking her teeth off the floor. Must admit the next time I went in quite a few people were saying I should have hit her (not that I'd ever raise a hand to a woman), and the next time I saw her she was very embarrassed and apologetic.