PDA

View Full Version : Two Little Boys

Arthur Little
28th June 2016, 22:30
Having truly marvelled at how quickly Graham's and Steve r's little lads (both now toddlers) have grown over the past 12 months -

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/59371-Our-little-boy-today ...

- I find myself fervently wishing it were at all possible to wave the proverbial magic wand in order that Steve, Graham and all the other dads in their position, could be reunited with their respective families on a permanent basis ... to be able to take part in and savour each and every precious moment of their youngsters' development.

Needless to say ... :anerikke: ... one of my MAIN reasons for supporting Brexit, is due to my being utterly sick and tired of a European Court of so~called 'Human Rights' that overrules the British Government's attempts to deport dangerous undesirables, while doing sod all to prevent the same government from riding roughshod over its own nationals (*who "dare" to choose - and procreate with - partners from outside the EU) by continually introducing stringently harsh immigration rules that deprive *them of the most basic human right ... that of living together as [normal] family units. :cwm23:

Apologies for going :icon_offtopic: ... when, really, :icon_rolleyes: all I'd wanted to do was express my appreciation to Steve and Graham for sharing those latest, delightful photos of Jasper and Geoff here on the forum ... thereby keeping the rest of us up to date with their progress.

Michael Parnham
29th June 2016, 06:36
Having truly marvelled at how quickly Graham's and Steve r's little lads (both now toddlers) have grown over the past 12 months -

- I find myself fervently wishing it were at all possible to wave the proverbial magic wand in order that Steve, Graham and all the other dads in their position, could be reunited with their respective families on a permanent basis ... to be able to take part in and savour each and every precious moment of their youngsters' development.

Needless to say ... :anerikke: ... one of my MAIN reasons for supporting Brexit, is due to my being utterly sick and tired of a European Court of so~called 'Human Rights' that overrules the British Government's attempts to deport dangerous undesirables, while doing sod all to prevent the same government from riding roughshod over its own nationals (*who "dare" to choose - and procreate with - partners from outside the EU) by continually introducing stringently harsh immigration rules that deprive *them of the most basic human right ... that of living together as [normal] family units. :cwm23:

Apologies for going :icon_offtopic: ... when, really, :icon_rolleyes: all I'd wanted to do was express my appreciation to Steve and Graham for sharing those latest, delightful photos of Jasper and Geoff here on the forum ... thereby keeping the rest of us up to date with their progress.

Well said.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Trefor
29th June 2016, 08:59
Agreed, it is great to see the kids, and they're growing so fast!

As for the EU. I voted to leave because it is a failure, and secondarily for the reasons above.

Steve.r
29th June 2016, 10:13
Thank you Arthur, yes, it is not easy being away from the children. My three are so precious to me and not being able to pick them up or chase them or comfort them really hurts. The British Government make it so difficult to be together 'legally'. The hoops, the cost all barriers to our right to happiness. The sad thing is, that I can't see it changing. It is another cash cow which they cannot lose.

grahamw48
29th June 2016, 11:47
Arthur, what a lovely post. Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am just about to send off my son's British passport application form, so that he will be able to enjoy the benefits of being a British citizen, now and in the future.

Meanwhile life goes on, and I will endeavour to spend as much time as possible with him and his mother. :smile:

We are building our little house there in the Phils... within a mile of the many wonderfully kind and supportive relatives, none of whom have ever asked us for anything. Family is so important to Filipinos.

If my wife and son do ever really NEED to be in the UK, then I will make sure that happens... whatever the cost and struggle involved. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
29th June 2016, 18:31

Here Here!

grahamw48
1st July 2016, 00:20
Today... a lively little chap. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxaPeLHNbww

Steve.r
1st July 2016, 08:49
He's having fun there Graham. He has very thick hair, our Vincent was like that too, we didn't cut it for his first year.

grahamw48
1st July 2016, 11:12
Yes... a lot more hair than his dad ! :cwm3:

It's the tradition in my wife's province not to cut the hair in their first year, but I insisted on cutting his fringe last month, as it was getting in his eyes. :NoNo:

The Mrs was then able to blame the crazy 'kano' for this heinous crime. :icon_lol:

Steve.r
1st July 2016, 11:16
haha... When Vincent was a year old he was visiting me in Shanghai with his Mum. On his birthday we took him for his first haircut, it was so long, he looked very 'pretty' but after the cut he was a real boy.

https://youtu.be/1jyayRD-VEg

grahamw48
1st July 2016, 12:54
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://youtu.be/1jyayRD-VEg

Haha... he looks well-impressed... NOT. :icon_lol: