PDA

View Full Version : Gator takes young child

stevewool
15th June 2016, 13:13
A nightmare sinerio , out paddling with your child in a lake at Disney and a gator grabs hold of your child and then disappears,
It seems the father and the child was in a foot of water when the gator struck and after fighting with the gator it still managed to take the child.
I have been on that lake and all the hotels that are on its shores with man made beaches too.
I have seen gators on many lakes even where we have stayed at, you have to be so careful and having kids with you then it's being extra careful, such a sad time for many enjoying there holidays,

Arthur Little
16th June 2016, 01:43
Sadly, the body of the toddler - dragged into a lagoon by an alligator while wading on the water's edge, near Disney World in Florida - has been found by a team of divers ... who say that, since there were few signs of puncture marks on his body, it seems most likely he drowned.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/

As a grandparent, tragedies involving the death of a child, really tug at the emotions, :bigcry: and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to the little boy's grieving family.

fred
16th June 2016, 06:42
A big tragedy and a very sad event..
I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I have no problem with watching these Croc and Aligator swamp culling shows..
People or Corporations that decide its a good idea to build houses or resorts near lakes or swamps containing these killing machines are bloody mad or as we say over here.."Loco loco"..

R.I.P to that poor little kid..My sympathy and heart goes out to the parents.

stevewool
16th June 2016, 06:50
What people dont realize these are animals that kill to eat, it would be like a pride of lions living at the bottom of your garden , would you go down to the fence to see them,
Everywhere you go in Florida there are lakes and waterways,i have taken pictures of them on golf courses , its not a pet, its not a Disney character , again these are killing machines

grahamw48
16th June 2016, 07:51
Tragic and heart-breaking for all concerned. Poor little mite.

I hope the parents will be suing for damages... there allegedly being no signage whatsoever to warn TOURISTS of the dangers from these reptiles . Absolutely negligent and stupid IMO. :mad:

fred
16th June 2016, 07:55
Tragic and heart-breaking for all concerned. Poor little mite.

I hope the parents will be suing for damages... there allegedly being no signage whatsoever to warn TOURISTS of the dangers from these reptiles . Absolutely negligent and stupid IMO. :mad:

A lot of Yanks are blaming the parents,calling them irresponsible. :NoNo:

grahamw48
16th June 2016, 08:01
Yes... the parents down on holiday from Nebraska (?) :NoNo:

There would soon be plenty of signs if Disney didn't want the damned grass walked on.

Ako Si Jamie
18th June 2016, 15:40
I always thought alligators were found way out in the everglades in Florida and not 'everywhere' like others have said. I would imagine the parents involved in this tragic event would have thought likewise or they never would have paddled in a lake in darkness.

Got to point the finger at Disney for failing to warn people of the potential risks.