PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Legend Passes Away

Arthur Little
4th June 2016, 11:08
Former world heavyweight champion, :xxsport-smiley-002: Muhammad Ali, has died in hospital aged 74 ... following a prolonged bout of Parkinson's Syndrome complicated, latterly, by severe respiratory problems.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16011175

Never one to "hide his light under a bushel", :NoNo: he began his meteoric career as 'Cassius Clay' in the early 1960s - and will be remembered [principally] by fans of an older generation for his proud boast, "I am the GREATEST!" Which, of course ... :anerikke: ... he undoubtedly was!

RIP

Harry T
4th June 2016, 12:02
RIP Champ, he undoutably was the Greatest Boxer of my Generation, and argueably ever, he was also a supporter of The Civil Rights movement principally in The Deep South where he grew up, throughout the last 30+ years he suffered with Parkinsons disease, and its a credit to his Strength and Courage that he fought for so long, a Great Fighter, and Possibly an even greater Man.

Michael Parnham
4th June 2016, 16:28
He was THE Legend, RIP.

Tawi2
4th June 2016, 16:32
I always wondered about his friendship with malcolm X

Steve.r
4th June 2016, 18:33
Certainly a loss to the world of boxing and human rights. A shame he lost his ability to be so passionate as he lost his battle with Parkinson's. But a legend.

Michael Parnham
4th June 2016, 20:08
Certainly a loss to the world of boxing and human rights. A shame he lost his ability to be so passionate as he lost his battle with Parkinson's. But a legend.

And he fought to the end, great man.

Arthur Little
5th June 2016, 19:58
Naturally it was sad to learn of the guy's death. But, in the event, his passing meant that - unbeknown to me - it buggered up last night's TV schedules in order to feature an hour-long special tribute to him. 'Casualty' :icon_rolleyes: ... one of the few programmes I watch, was billed for 9.25 but screened an hour earlier, while I was still "beavering away" here (where else?) and so I missed all but the final five minutes of what, I believe, would've turned out to be one of the medical drama's better than usual episodes.

Terpe
6th June 2016, 14:31
Personally , I can't say I always liked him.
But.... he grew on me and I do agree he was the greatest.

He is a legend and for me the best of all time
RIP

stevewool
6th June 2016, 15:12
In the end we all have to go, in his day he was the greatest.
Did anyone see last night's news about his brother,
He was in church and they was doing a collection to help buy him a suit for the funeral, families you have to love them,

Terpe
6th June 2016, 15:21
In the end we all have to go, in his day he was the greatest.
Did anyone see last night's news about his brother,
He was in church and they was doing a collection to help buy him a suit for the funeral, families you have to love them,

Haha
Families like that eh :laugher:

Michael Parnham
6th June 2016, 15:45
I remember a story about the time he went out for a meal with his Manager and coach wearing the American flag and they were told "sorry we don't serve coloureds" and he replied "we don't eat them either":xxgrinning--00xx3: