PDA

View Full Version : Pride.

Michael Parnham
30th May 2016, 22:31
What's wrong with some members, where's your Pride? There is nothing wrong with being British and I'm sure you don't hear your loved one's bragging that they are ashamed of where they were born also what a terrible way of talking about your country and at the same time helping your lovely ladies to become British Citizens, they are so proud to become British. Just stop dragging your country down it's a Great place to be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th May 2016, 22:44
What's wrong with some members, where's your Pride? There is nothing wrong with being British and I'm sure you don't hear your loved one's bragging that they are ashamed of where they were born also what a terrible way of talking about your country and at the same time helping your lovely ladies to become British Citizens, they are so proud to become British. Just stop dragging your country down it's a Great place to be :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep, :iagree:, Michael ... it IS ... :anerikke: ... there's NOWHERE on this Earth I'd want to live other than GREAT :Britain:!

fred
31st May 2016, 03:06
I used to have a very strong pride of being British...
A lot of it has gone now though..
Its a far,far different place to the country it is now and compared to the place I was born.
What??? You want me to lie?

fred
31st May 2016, 03:08
Just stop dragging your country down it's a Great place to be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It wasn`t us that dragged it down.

Too many Brits doing this these days..
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSACNVPurnCJnEGHTCQB1_52IthNhkXFm_Jfq0HZcMMqQyYp0kc

Everything will be fine!

stevewool
31st May 2016, 06:37
Thats the problem Micheal , just because we would like to complain about something , others take it the wrong way, just like you,
I am proud to be called English and being English i have a free right to moan a little too, but other people may say i am not bothered about our country, just like when i moan about to many people coming here i am a racist some are saying , but how wrong they are ,
England will always be my home , just like my family will always be my family , we may not agree but we still love each other,
Maybe if you was a lot younger with a family things may be different in your eyes too

Ako Si Jamie
31st May 2016, 12:41
What's wrong with some members, where's your Pride? There is nothing wrong with being British and I'm sure you don't hear your loved one's bragging that they are ashamed of where they were born also what a terrible way of talking about your country and at the same time helping your lovely ladies to become British Citizens, they are so proud to become British. Just stop dragging your country down it's a Great place to be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You're the one that wants to stay in the EU, Michael. If you're proud of this country don't let outsiders dictate to us! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
31st May 2016, 13:18

Michael I am sure our lovely ladies would be more proud to be able to stay Filipino rather then British ,and still having the same benefits as they are married to a British man.
We have had to pay a lot of money for that bit of paper,

Tawi2
31st May 2016, 17:14
It wasn`t us that dragged it down.

Too many Brits doing this these days..
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSACNVPurnCJnEGHTCQB1_52IthNhkXFm_Jfq0HZcMMqQyYp0kc

Everything will be fine!
Dammit :mad: theres a word which means to stick a persons head in the sand ostrich like,one specific word,and i cant remember it,thats going to bug me :Erm:

fred
31st May 2016, 17:17
Dammit :mad: theres a word which means to stick a persons head in the sand ostrich like,one specific word,and i cant remember it,thats going to bug me :Erm:

Stubborn??
Stupid??

Tawi2
31st May 2016, 17:19
No,its an unusual word with one meaning meaning ostrich like,i had it in a crossword one time,bugger thats ruined my night :Erm:

Arthur Little
31st May 2016, 17:43
No,its an unusual word with one meaning meaning ostrich like,i had it in a crossword one time,bugger thats ruined my night :Erm:

Byrgan? ... to hide or bury - as one's head in the sand - like an ostrich. :biggrin:

Tawi2
31st May 2016, 17:49
Nope,byrgan means to hide or to bury,this ones a lot more specific as in to bury ones head ostrich like :Erm:

SimonH
31st May 2016, 17:56
Michael :Erm:

Arthur Little
31st May 2016, 18:03
Nope, byrgan means to hide or to bury,this ones a lot more specific as in to bury ones head ostrich like :Erm:

NO? Ah ... :anerikke: ... then you've lost me there!

fred
31st May 2016, 18:17
NO? Ah ... :anerikke: ... then you've lost me there!

New Quiz...Who can help out Tawi with the word that has long long gone from his brain?

Tawi2
31st May 2016, 18:19
Its a specific,precise,unusual word,its simply means to stick ones head in the sand ostrich like,its on the tip of my tongue AAARRGHHHHHHH :mad:

stevewool
31st May 2016, 18:25
Keep your neck in

Arthur Little
31st May 2016, 18:27
Michael :Erm:

:Erm: ... if you mean what I think you mean, Simon ... that isn't very fair! :nono-1-1: ... just because Michael's voting to STAY IN the EU - while the rest of us want to LEAVE - shouldn't imply he's burying his head in the sand; indeed, :icon_rolleyes: I've got a feeling he could have the last laugh!

fred
31st May 2016, 18:29
Its a specific,precise,unusual word,its simply means to stick ones head in the sand ostrich like,its on the tip of my tongue AAARRGHHHHHHH :mad:

Are you sure this "word" was not just all in a dream?

Tawi2
31st May 2016, 18:32
No,i shall post it when i remember it,i used to be quite verbacious,surprised i forgot a word to be honest,must be old age,turning 50 really finished me off :bigcry:

stevewool
31st May 2016, 18:33
:Erm: ... if you mean what I think you mean, Simon ... that isn't very fair! :nono-1-1: ... just because Michael's voting to STAY IN the EU - while the rest of us want to LEAVE - shouldn't imply he's burying his head in the sand; indeed, :icon_rolleyes: I've a feeling he could have the last laugh!

It's not about who will have the last laugh Arthur ,if we stay in ,we stay in, if we vote out then it's out,
We all have a choice and we all can voice our choice,
Michael is very good at telling you his point and that's what we all are doing in return

fred
31st May 2016, 18:34
:Erm: ... if you mean what I think you mean, Simon ... that isn't very fair! :nono-1-1: ... just because Michael's voting to STAY IN the EU - while the rest of us want to LEAVE - shouldn't imply he's burying his head in the sand; indeed, :icon_rolleyes: I've a feeling he could have the last laugh!

Its no good Arthur to hold onto a position stubbornly without answering questions to the contrary just because those up in their ivory tower tell us (down here) that its all for the best.
Its not a good way to have a healthy and accurate referendum result.. Is it?

Steve.r
31st May 2016, 18:47
I think we all have pride in being British, but pride of Britain..... no. For so long the 'do gooders' have stripped all sense from the country, everything dumbed down because we are not allowed to do this or do that, or we might hurt someone if we say this or that. Political correctness has killed the thinking person and restricted the way we think and act. Everyone is so fed up with immigration and the lies every successive government tells us. So easy for illegal immigrants to make a life here, but so hard for us legitimate couples to get a piece of paper to let our families be with us. Spending time living in other countries you always look back with rose tinted glasses, but to be honest, i feel freer living in the Philippines. I can make my own mind up and live how I want. England will always be home but for the few things I do like, there are too many in the Philippines that I like more.

fred
31st May 2016, 19:15
When I was 16-20,if any one asked me why I was proud to be British I had many answers for them..All heartfelt..
These days I`m finding it hard to give a heart felt positive and honest answer.
These days I have Yanks that think its a joke asking me why every other woman in London wears a Burka etc..

All those brave British men and women that died defending us all over the world in the last big war..
F@..in makes me sad..

SimonH
31st May 2016, 19:29
No,i shall post it when i remember it,i used to be quite verbacious,surprised i forgot a word to be honest,must be old age,turning 50 really finished me off :bigcry:

Repudiate :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
31st May 2016, 19:31
For so long the 'do gooders' have stripped all sense from the country, everything dumbed down because we are not allowed to do this or do that, or we might hurt someone if we say this or that. Political correctness has killed the thinking person and restricted the way we think and act. Everyone is so fed up with immigration and the lies every successive government tells us. So easy for illegal immigrants to make a life here, but so hard for us legitimate couples to get a piece of paper to let our families be with us.

Sums up what I think perfectly. Excellent post! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
31st May 2016, 19:33

Priorities?

Like feeding your sisters cat instead of chatting up Pinays! :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
31st May 2016, 19:36
Pah. I've just burnt my peri-peri fries chatting on here. :mad:

SimonH
31st May 2016, 19:47

or maybe Apostatise?

stevewool
31st May 2016, 20:48

WHAT:Erm:

stevewool
31st May 2016, 20:48
or maybe Apostatise?

Come again :Erm:

Arthur Little
31st May 2016, 22:01
:cwm25: ... still looking for that elusive word are we?

How about 'obdurate' ... :anerikke: ... a stubborn refusal to acknowledge a fact or facts that, to everyone else, is/are patently obvious.

Ako Si Jamie
31st May 2016, 22:06
Oblivious?

Ako Si Jamie
31st May 2016, 22:31
Anyway back to the original topic for now.

:yeahthat:

To be perfectly frank I feel very uneasy to say I'm proud to be British. Why? Because it's not a personal achievement! - it's just an identity which I don't have any control over. Don't get me wrong, I want the best for my country but I can't bring myself to say I'm proud of.....erm.....pot luck, so to speak. Perhaps I'm too individualistic? :anerikke:

Tawi2
1st June 2016, 11:54
Priorities?

Like feeding your sisters cat instead of chatting up Pinays! :biggrin:
I have a lady,i sifted a lot of gravel and found a flawless
eye-clean grade 100 carat diamond :smile: no reason for me to chat up anyone nowadays :smile:
I think fred summed it up,the days of Proud To Be British are fading fast we are living in an age where some apologist left wingers want us to be scapegoats for the empire that was once Great Britain,i dont mince words so F*** them they are ruining our country.