PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Resident

Terpe
27th May 2016, 16:11
Yesterday (Thursday) was a landmark day for me.
I went to the main Immigration Office in Manila to secure my visa for Permanenr Resident.
Everything went well, despite my application being lodged in Davao City.
Got both my visa implementation and ACR card at the same time

It's not at all difficult. Just needs time and patience.

I so happy to be permanent

SimonH
27th May 2016, 16:26
Excellent news, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th May 2016, 17:02
Is there a cost involved in getting this Peter

Arthur Little
27th May 2016, 17:17
Yesterday (Thursday) was a landmark day for me.
I went to the main Immigration Office in Manila to secure my visa for Permanent Resident.
Everything went well, despite my application being lodged in Davao City.
Got both my visa implementation and ACR card at the same time

It's not at all difficult. Just needs time and patience.

I'm so happy to be permanent

GREAT news, Peter. :Hellooo: ... CONGRATULATIONS! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GREAT, too, that you're a permanent "resident" as a fellow~Moderator on Filipina Roses ... for which our entire membership is eternally grateful! :biggrin:

Steve.r
27th May 2016, 17:21
Well done peter

Harry T
27th May 2016, 17:27
Congratulations Peter. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th May 2016, 19:37
Yes, congratulations Peter and good luck for the future, enjoy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
27th May 2016, 21:08
Congratulations and best wishes as always, Peter :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

fred
28th May 2016, 01:00
Welcome to the club Mr Terpe!! Enjoy.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th May 2016, 02:54
Is there a cost involved in getting this Peter

Hi Steve, yes there is a cost both financially and timewise.
It took me a year because the initial 13a visa was probationary. This second application was for the implementation amendment from probationary to permanent.

In terms of cost, both the applications for initial probationary 13a visa and ACR card and the permanent came out at around P11000 each. So P22000 in total.
The visa itself is permanent. So no further visa fees at all.
The ACR card has a validity of 5 years and then needs to be renewed for a further 5 years.
The cost of doing that is around P2500

This was the route I decided on. For me it offered the 'cleanest' way to live here on a permanent basis.
There are other ways, including the Balikbayan Visa each year. But this means stumping up for a 24 hour exit from the Philippines and being able to travel. I have some Brit friends who found it difficult to travel due to various health issues so they eventually decided on 13a and it has cost them really a lot. Not only the costs in getting together the needed documents, but also because they opted for the services of an 'agent'.

As always it's a personal choice.
A perm ACR card is a big help in many ways.

A

stevewool
28th May 2016, 07:11
Thank you Peter, i thought there was just the Balikbayan way, so thank you again for giving me another way to think off

fred
28th May 2016, 09:13
Thank you Peter, i thought there was just the Balikbayan way, so thank you again for giving me another way to think off

Steve..You can apply for a 13a Visa at the Fil. embassy in London.. The advantage being that your visa will have a permanent stamp from the outset.
I have a few friend that go away to places like Malaysia,Thailand,Singapore,HK etc once a year with their Mrs to get their BB stamps on return. Its also a good excuse to see other parts of Asia.
A Balikbayan stamp is a one year visa free stay BTW.

Ako Si Jamie
28th May 2016, 10:44
I reckon you're on Duterte's payroll, Peter. Overseas advisor perhaps?

Davao to Manila at the same time and been granted permanent residency? It all adds up! :biggrin:

Rory
28th May 2016, 12:49
Well done Peter, Congrats.

Good to know about the 13a route. I can not see me moving there permanently for about 10 years. I just hope I am all clued up on the best way to do it.

Terpe
28th May 2016, 13:24
I reckon you're on Duterte's payroll, Peter. Overseas advisor perhaps?

Davao to Manila at the same time and been granted permanent residency? It all adds up! :biggrin:

I've met Mr Duterte a few times. It was actually quite easy to do at city hall.
He IS 'foreigner friendly' and I always found him to be direct, open and genuine.

He was known for wandering around Davao City checking up. Such a hands-on management isn't going to happen as a president. He needs to choose his cabinet with care.

On the question of my immigration application, all such issues are only decided in 'imperial Manila'
I always checked the BI webpages to update myself on visa status and just as soon as mine was shown as approved I went to the office.

Once you've discovered the secrets of how to 'tickle' the Filipino then many things become possible :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
28th May 2016, 13:37
Good to know the new guy is foreigner friendly. I do not want big tax bills popping up.

Terpe
28th May 2016, 13:45
Good to know the new guy is foreigner friendly. I do not want big tax bills popping up.

With my perm status I'll be making a visit to the BIR to have my private pensions as a tax liability here in the Philippines at the tax rate on pensions of zero

I'll update late on the mechanics and the outcome.
It'll mean a significant increase in my net income