PDA

View Full Version : Duterte Launches Vulgar Tirade On Catholic Church Hierarchy ...

Arthur Little
25th May 2016, 02:09
... saying local Bishops are "sons of whores" - who can be blamed for the nation's fastest~growing population - some even literally :do_it: - I might add!

www.manilatimes.net/update-philippines-duterte-launchesvulgar-attacks-on-church/263954

Quite right, :iagree: ... they've no bloody business meddling in affairs of State, and should keep their :censored: nebs out of politics! :angry:

Michael Parnham
25th May 2016, 03:17
... saying local Bishops are "sons of whores" - who can be blamed for the nation's fastest~growing population - some even literally :do_it: - I might add!

www.manilatimes.net/update-philippines-duterte-launchesvulgar-attacks-on-church/263954

Quite right, :iagree: ... they've no bloody business meddling in affairs of State, and should keep their :censored: nebs out of politics! :angry:

The Catholic church just take advantage of the most vulnerable people of third world countries, I would imagine that's where it obtains the greater percentage of funding that they require:cwm23:

Ako Si Jamie
25th May 2016, 07:16
“Don’t .... with me,” Duterte told senior church figures :icon_lol:

It's about time someone stood up to the Catholic Church :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th May 2016, 15:35
“Don’t .... with me,” Duterte told senior church figures :icon_lol:

It's about time someone stood up to the Catholic Church :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat:'s true ... and, of course, the very fact that, here - at last - the nation has someone capable of standing up to decry its outmoded influence on the people
is, in all probability, a significant reason for his IMMENSE popularity.

Arthur Little
25th May 2016, 15:53
Duterte ... the :biggrin: "John Knox"of the Philippines! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
25th May 2016, 22:50
This will always be a third class country because of the church.

grahamw48
26th May 2016, 04:44
Well... won't all of those good catholics who voted for him be getting a nasty surprise. :cwm25:

Personally, I can see him getting a bullet if he steps on many more toes.

Harry T
26th May 2016, 22:37
Well... won't all of those good catholics who voted for him be getting a nasty surprise. :cwm25:

Personally, I can see him getting a bullet if he steps on many more toes.

Graham those were my thoughts, when i saw how popular he was when i was in Phils, however he is not stupid, and Im sure he is aware of that possibility. Thats why i said elsewhere he has my admiration for putting his life on the line to try and help millions of his fellow countrymen and women.
He could quiet easily have stayed in Davao and carried on being somewhat of a cult figure amongst his fellow Davaonians.

Ako Si Jamie
27th May 2016, 08:02
Yup. Good to see a leader with a backbone wanting to do best for their country as a whole. Makes a change from the typical self-serving limpdicks.

Arthur Little
27th May 2016, 14:10
Yup. Good to see a leader with a backbone wanting to do best for their country as a whole. Makes a change from the typical self-serving limpdicks.

Absolutely ... I wish there were more like him. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
28th May 2016, 01:20
Its ALL hype and talk at the moment..Talk is cheap.
Lets see what he actually does.

Arthur Little
28th May 2016, 02:58

Fred, my wife, as a native of Davao ... has witnessed for herself, the numerous improvements - including the introduction of 911 - to the city he's served faithfully since 1988 and can vouch for his honesty & integrity, as being a man of his word. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th May 2016, 03:20
Fred, my wife, as a native of Davao ... has witnessed for herself, the numerous improvements - including the introduction of 911 - to the city he's served faithfully since 1988 and can vouch for his honesty & integrity, as being a man of his word. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Given the state of Davao City in the 1980's he has made huge gains in bringing peace and safety.
Davao City does still have crime and violence ....but, like so many others living there, I never came by anything like that myself and felt very comfortable and safe roaming around and using the jeeps.

Drugs, violence and crime are all around us where ever we are, but as long as we keep away from those people involved involved it's OK
There were plenty of gangs and militia around in the 80's who were indiscriminate. Those days are far behind now.

All down to the hands-on management of DU30 and his personal knowledge of the street gangs
As President he'll have a tough time finding enough trusted likeminded folks to manage his ideas. IMHO

fred
28th May 2016, 09:31

I've heard many different opinions from lots of people that have lived there in Davao,some good,some not so good.
Also,there is a huge difference with the job of the Mayor of a city and the President of a country.
I fully expect the body bags to be stacked high with hopefully just criminals but all that I`m interested in is that none of mine are caught in cross fire.
We just have to wait and see and hope for the best.. I`ll believe in the "numerous improvements" when I see them.
We already have a fantastic Mayor here in Tagbilaran that was just reelected... The improvements we have had from him have been frankly,impressive!!Keep it up Mayor Yap!!

Here`s a pic of him..
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn3/BoholBizz/yusuke/394980_497878263607703_1814543487_n_zps90cf6a34.jpg

Tawi2
28th May 2016, 14:21
Xactly,as i always say talks cheap,cash buys houses :wink: