PDA

View Full Version : tourist visa cut to 3 months

joebloggs
16th December 2007, 12:32
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7146527.stm

the gov sneaked this one in, cut from 6 to 3 months and a deposit of at least £1000 from the sponsor.:NoNo:

and ' the tightening of procedures for people bringing spouses into the country. ' :Erm: :yikes: i've no idea what this is about, maybe they are going to start checking the information on your visa app and go by the rules without using any discretion?? like not allowing 3rd part support and if you've over stayed in the past??

KeithD
16th December 2007, 13:04
Well no one can complain, they've been moaning about immigration for years now, and as soon as they do something, people moan :bigcry:

Remember, you only get 21 days first in the Phil.

Alan
16th December 2007, 13:19
Looks like I'll be staying in the Phils. for good - I've had it with this country.:cwm23:

Ooops! Excuse me - there's a group of Poles at the door wanting to know where the free houses are at!

Al.:)

Pepe n Pilar
16th December 2007, 13:28
Hi Prof Allan, Is this true? you have free houses?

andypaul
16th December 2007, 13:42
Hi Prof Allan, Is this true? you have free houses?

they have a greater variety of beers in them quite often:D

aromulus
16th December 2007, 15:09
Looks like I'll be staying in the Phils. for good - I've had it with this country.:cwm23:

Ooops! Excuse me - there's a group of Poles at the door wanting to know where the free houses are at!

Al.:)

Given half a chance I would be on the plane with you, but I better wait until my kids are all over 18 years old, or make sure that I retire first....
After that I won't care if the EU includes outer Mongolia or Patagonia....

KeithD
16th December 2007, 15:21
I'm waiting till my daughter is 18, then I'm moving to a lovely country called Wales :Erm:

aidaaida
30th January 2008, 14:25
This has only been proposed by the government and it is still 6 months at present for a Visa and no £1000 payment bond either. The information incorrect.

joebloggs
30th January 2008, 14:54
all most certain it will happen after spring.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/proposalstostrengthenvisitorvisa

and the bond will be for those where they think their might be a risk :D, now are they going to give a visa to someone who they think might overstay :Rasp::Cuckoo: