PDA

View Full Version : Annulment in Davao

Ady
14th December 2007, 21:14
Hi,

My girlfriend has just visited an attourney (Attourney Ramos if anyone knows him?) in Davao with regards to annulment. He said the process can take 2-3 years and, even then, there is no guarantee that it will be granted. He had a client that waited 2 years, and was refused. He also had a client that waited 30 months, and was accepted. His fee is 80k pesos. He mentioned other things too, like the psychiatric report.

He said, or advised, that the process is quicker if she does it in Cotaboto. Maybe because of fewer applications. I don't know. But he said, it is all legal, and will take a few months only.

This whole thing is scary now. It will cost a lot to seek annulment. I am happy to pay it, but scared to be scammed. It feels as though he is telling us - better do it quickly and get it guaranteed than to do it the long way and get nothing. But we all read so many horror stories with regards to this. I want her to be annulled, so then we can plan the next step. I want to start the process before going to Davao to see her.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Thanks

Ady.

andypaul
14th December 2007, 22:20
Well good advice when hiring an expert in a field you don't know much about is to consult and get quotes from several with out them knowing your speaking to others.

Im afraid i have no expereince in this field but i think from the length of time quoted and cost plus the legal implications it really does need to be checked out.

But different areas i guess will have different waiting lists at the courts and most annulments due to the cost will be due to Western/phill relationships so i guess some areas with more couples will be busier.

familylawyer
15th December 2007, 10:18
if you want to know if your dealing with a real lawyer, know there full names and their ROLL OF ATTORNEY'S NUMBER then counter check with the SUPREME COURT OF THE PHILIPPINES or with the INTEGRATED BAR IN THE PHILIPPINES (both office have websites).

i don't know if a lawyer needs to be an expert in the annulment of cases. any lawyer can file the said case just like all other cases. but a good family law attorney must know where to file it and the judges of each of the family court who handles annulment cases.

jonnijon
15th December 2007, 11:02
Hi Andy,that price is too cheap,expect to pay double that.Then you get psychiatric fees on top of that.:bigcry:

vbkelly
15th December 2007, 11:29
too much hassle guys why you don't find a single woman out there

aromulus
15th December 2007, 12:06
too much hassle guys why you don't find a single woman out there

You cannot decide who you will fall in love with....:NoNo:

vbkelly
15th December 2007, 12:18
You cannot decide who you will fall in love with....:NoNo:

yes, you right aromulus and a lot of reasons why aswell

Ady
15th December 2007, 19:30
It seems like a lot of hassle. But it is worth it. I love this girl. I just want to know it is not going to take 5 years and more to get the annulment. I get a lot of encouragement reading the other guys' experience.

andypaul
15th December 2007, 21:18
It seems like a lot of hassle. But it is worth it. I love this girl. I just want to know it is not going to take 5 years and more to get the annulment. I get a lot of encouragement reading the other guys' experience.

Ady your doing the right thing like Ian B carrying out lots of research and listening to others.

Both of you im sure will soon be wondering what all the fuss is about as the missus complains about how cold it is and why can't she get a decent mango in Tescos:)

andypaul
15th December 2007, 21:49
Had a quick look for info about Davo as never been there and still under the weather and just waiting for motd.

http://www.davaocity.gov.ph/Files/DIRECTORY%20OF%20NGOs%202006.doc

This is a link to a download of a word file which if you scroll down has pilpina legal resource center inc and possible other groups which can give legal advice. On this web site i also found aanother word file that gave the avg price of many things in davo, which might be quite handy for someone, but not sure how up to date maybe peeps who know Davo can tell us?
http://www.davaocity.gov.ph/Files/Cost%20of%20Doing%20Business_2005.doc

Not sure how handy but worth possibly your girlfriend contacting them to see if they can offer any advice?

IanB
16th December 2007, 00:32
"Both of you im sure will soon be wondering what all the fuss is about as the missus complains about how cold it is and why can't she get a decent mango in Tescos" You don't know how welcome that sounds! I am terrified we will fail!

Thanks

Ian

andypaul
16th December 2007, 01:56
"Both of you im sure will soon be wondering what all the fuss is about as the missus complains about how cold it is and why can't she get a decent mango in Tescos" You don't know how welcome that sounds! I am terrified we will fail!

Thanks

Ian

I thought our visa application would fail as do many others due to money or lack of it in the bank, i was worried my flat was to small, or the wrong shape or whatever the people in suits judged it on.

The Wife was worried she wouldn't be able to sell herself in the Interview we thought she would have for the visa application. Now just over two years later she is beating her targets for sales in her job after a month or so since starting and yet to do the training.

Sometimes we worry ourselves unduly and i think due to your knowledge and expereince of the visa system, and knowing that doing things by the book is the only way to do it, you will get you though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If we can do it Mae and your good self can do it Sir:)

Ady
16th December 2007, 09:25
Thanks a lot for that Andy - I will check out those sites. I haven't seen those before.

It is quite apt you mention Tesco's because "Every little helps", and you have helped a lot.