PDA

View Full Version : Philippines | Worst Holiday.

fred
2nd April 2016, 14:17
https://youtu.be/ltlG1GZmp3U

Michael Parnham
2nd April 2016, 14:44
I do know Filipino's can be very rude and I sympathise with the lady, but she has a self inflicted problem, do something about it girl and then go again with confidence :xxgrinning--00xx3:

robbie bobby
2nd April 2016, 21:36
In Phils and especially in the provinces a black person is treated a bit different and it's always in a bad way.Hell even in Iligan City if kids mis behave the parents say the black lady from the mountain will come and get you if you are bad.Its a shame I know. I get pointed at and stared at in the province.Ok I don't get called names but it's always an uneasy feeling no matter how many times I go there.just brush it off and move on.

fred
3rd April 2016, 01:17
Robbie..Sorry to hear about that.. The weird thing is that I really dont believe they think they are doing anything wrong..
I watched two girls greet each other the other day...Obviously hadn't seen each other for a long time...One said "Wow!! Look how fat you got"!! "You used to be so pretty".. lol
Then there was the famous London bus driver 'Josh' (black guy) who was a bit of a hero over here after swapping jobs and becoming close friends with a Filipino Jeep driver..
They put him on Wowowee and another similar Filipino afternoon TV show with a huge standing ovation... One Filipino there asked him a question and referred to him as the "N" word!! OMG..Cringe worthy moment or what,but I had the feeling he had no idea that the "N" word" was insulting at all..
I hope I`m not wrong..

stevewool
3rd April 2016, 07:52
Yep you are right there Fred, on one of my trips out there with the family ,
The younger kids mentioned that word N and it was like nothing to them, but when you said you dont call them that name it made it worst for a while it was why cant we call him N,
No harm was ment from them

Michael Parnham
3rd April 2016, 08:04
Wifey calls them by the name mentioned and never thinks it's offensive, having said that I think Negro or Coloured is far nicer than calling them Black. It's only since I've been using this Forum that I discovered Coloured is not the word to use, don't any members think "the coloured gentleman at No23" is far nicer than using the word Black :Erm:

stevewool
3rd April 2016, 08:17
When i was younger and your dad calling these and any other person who was not white names , well it was the norm in those days even on TV too,
But it was my mum who raised her voice and told us it was wrong, so we soon learnt that the person at number 23 was Mr and Mrs Smith just like us Mr and Mrs Woolley living at 35, and in those days you did know everyone in street by name too

Longweekend
3rd April 2016, 09:48
What do people expect when black American actors call themselves the 'N' word in movies to get a laugh....:Erm:

PAT
4th April 2016, 12:33
I really feel sorry for the lady....

Ako Si Jamie
4th April 2016, 22:39
Me too.

I remember getting laughed at by guys at the bus station in Mandaue, in Paranaque, and by a whole bunch of trike drivers in Bolinao. It didn't bother me though neither do people staring out of interest.

Only twice have I got wound up and felt like doing something but these guys were giving out a lairy look.

Arthur Little
5th April 2016, 00:22
I really feel sorry for the lady....

................. and me! :bigcry:

Heck, :olddude: ... even yet, I can [still] vividly recall the sheer trauma of moving from Glasgow to a small rural Perthshire community. Having to "prove my mettle" at age eight, in order to fit into an "alien" [to me] environment - where it seemed families had been related to one another for centuries.

Arthur Little
5th April 2016, 01:20
Heck, :olddude: ... even yet, I can [still] vividly recall the sheer trauma of moving from Glasgow to a small rural Perthshire community. Having to "prove my mettle" at age eight, in order to fit into an "alien" [to me] environment - where it seemed families had been related to one another for centuries.

Hellish ... :yeahthat:!

fred
5th April 2016, 01:29
Me too.

I remember getting laughed at by guys at the bus station in Mandaue, in Paranaque, and by a whole bunch of trike drivers in Bolinao. It didn't bother me though neither do people staring out of interest.

Only twice have I got wound up and felt like doing something but these guys were giving out a lairy look.

What were they laughing at?

Ako Si Jamie
5th April 2016, 07:57
What were they laughing at?

I dunno. Maybe it was my sunburnt snout.

Either that or it was the flowery dress I was wearing. :wink:

Slip
5th April 2016, 11:06
Harlene thinks its acceptable to use the N word to describe a black person. Well she did until I told her you simply can't in most places outside of Philippines as it is very racist, she replied, but they are! I think she understands now. But if you have been bought up in the middle of nowhere and probably only seen black people on films then to a certain degree it's understandable.

Terpe
5th April 2016, 13:01
I dunno. Maybe it was my sunburnt snout.

Either that or it was the flowery dress I was wearing. :wink:

Most probably not laughing at you in a flowery dress :biggrin:

stevewool
5th April 2016, 19:43
Having just watched the film ,The Hateful Eight, i lost count on how many times the N word was mentioned

Steve.r
5th April 2016, 20:40
She needs to man up. If you go to a different part of the world, expect a different culture. :NoNo:

Kells
8th April 2016, 19:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsNd1xc2zqw

Just came across this one. A Filipino responding I think to our lady friend above.

Ako Si Jamie
10th April 2016, 23:17
She needs to man up. If you go to a different part of the world, expect a different culture. :NoNo:

Harsh.

She was called more than the N word and to be fair most people would be insulted by that level of abuse coming from a random stranger.

Steve.r
11th April 2016, 17:55
Harsh.

She was called more than the N word and to be fair most people would be insulted by that level of abuse coming from a random stranger.
And you never get laughed at or called names when you go to the Philippines :Erm::Erm:
It happens everywhere, just because she is black does not make her special in the name calling, us whites suffer the same too, but we don't bitch about it do we.

Michael Parnham
11th April 2016, 20:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsNd1xc2zqw

Just came across this one. A Filipino responding I think to our lady friend above.

The man in the video is correct with what he says, how do we know what is racist? It never bothered me being called Mr Bean when I lived in Philippines, I think racism is a big fuss over nothing because it's so trivial really!

Ako Si Jamie
11th April 2016, 21:03
And you never get laughed at or called names when you go to the Philippines :Erm::Erm:
It happens everywhere, just because she is black does not make her special in the name calling, us whites suffer the same too, but we don't bitch about it do we.

I've been laughed at and stared at but never been called names.

According to her she was called a fat ugly N - or words to that effect. Three insults rolled into one and because of this idiot it looks bad on Filipino's in general.

Ako Si Jamie
11th April 2016, 21:19
The man in the video is correct with what he says, 25 seconds in and he makes a howler by calling her African American when she clearly states in her vid she's from England. :icon_lol::doh

Michael Parnham
12th April 2016, 06:30
25 seconds in and he makes a howler by calling her African American when she clearly states in her vid she's from England. :icon_lol::doh

Yes Jamie, they more often think white is American, often been greeted with Hi Joe!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
12th April 2016, 10:08
I've been laughed at and stared at but never been called names.

According to her she was called a fat ugly N - or words to that effect. Three insults rolled into one and because of this idiot it looks bad on Filipino's in general.
So, like Michael, you have never been pigeon holed by having 'hey Joe' shouted at you?? or Mr Bean? ok not harsh, but if I was lilly livered and limp wristed I might have cried, specially when they stare are me. I have also had insults hurled at both me and my wife because I was a foreigner, with comments about the status of my foreskin!!
As for the woman being called 'fat and ugly' I imagine that is quite subjective. For her I think it comes from the way you conduct yourself and your attitude. Maybe she deserved the calling. The 'N' word is, from my experience used a lot in the Philippines depending on skin colour, BUT it in my experience not used as a derogatory term. Many people in the rural areas would have no idea of the global 'PC' brigade and how everyone is so offended by the N word.

Michael Parnham
12th April 2016, 12:13
Do they say they are offended?

Tawi2
12th April 2016, 12:19
I think she is trying to say the philippines is a beautiful country if it wasnt for the people :icon_lol: I have heard pinays in London call black people monkeys to be honest,they arent the most PC of people :laugher:

Michael Parnham
12th April 2016, 12:23
I think she is trying to say the philippines is a beautiful country if it wasnt for the people :icon_lol: I have heard pinays in London call black people monkeys to be honest,they arent the most PC of people :laugher:

My wifey still calls them monkey:anerikke:

Tawi2
12th April 2016, 12:24
Someone should have told her ITS MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
14th April 2016, 08:33
So, like Michael, you have never been pigeon holed by having 'hey Joe' shouted at you?? or Mr Bean? ok not harsh, but if I was lilly livered and limp wristed I might have cried, specially when they stare are me. I have also had insults hurled at both me and my wife because I was a foreigner, with comments about the status of my foreskin!!
As for the woman being called 'fat and ugly' I imagine that is quite subjective. For her I think it comes from the way you conduct yourself and your attitude. Maybe she deserved the calling. The 'N' word is, from my experience used a lot in the Philippines depending on skin colour, BUT it in my experience not used as a derogatory term. Many people in the rural areas would have no idea of the global 'PC' brigade and how everyone is so offended by the N word.

Never been called Joe or Bean but I've been frequently called 'sir' but maybe it comes from the way I conduct myself and my attitude. :wink:

I think people only deserve abuse like that if they dish some of their own out first. Perhaps she did but we'll never know. She does come across quite respectable in the video though.

I agree on people not knowing that the N word isn't derogatory but this individual used other derogatory terms so can't be excused IMO unless for the reason stated previously.

SimonH
14th April 2016, 08:42
Never been called Joe or Bean but I've been frequently called 'sir' but maybe it comes from the way I conduct myself and my attitude. :wink:

I think people only deserve abuse like that if they dish some of their own out first. Perhaps she did but we'll never know. She does come across quite respectable in the video though.

I agree on people not knowing that the N word isn't derogatory but this individual used other derogatory terms so can't be excused IMO unless for the reason stated previously.

Yes Sir, Mr Jamie :wink:

Shey has a gorgeous 4 year niece old called Kate who has a slightly darker complexion. Depending on people's mood she gets called different things...
Princess Kate
Baluga Kate
Nug-Nug

Non of it meant in a derogatory manner, but I must admit I was a bit shocked when I first heard it :cwm25:

Steve.r
14th April 2016, 10:33
Never been called Joe or Bean

If you have never been called Joe, then I think you need to listen a bit harder. Every time I walk past the tricycle line I hear it, and I always respect and conduct myself correctly.

In my opinion, even though she 'seems' to be respectable, to have to air your rant on YouTube says it all. Why would she do this if she didn't have a axe to grind, tends to show me that she has an attitude that says 'look at me! look at me!' and anyone who doesn't fit into her tick box gets an ear full. I don't like people like that, and like I said before, if you go to a different country expect different culture and mindset. People saying racist things without knowing is not crime and I don't think things will change any time soon in Phils.

Michael Parnham
14th April 2016, 10:43
Everyone calls me Sir Mike!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
14th April 2016, 13:10
and I always respect and conduct myself correctly.

When I said I did, I wasn't referring you weren't. My attempt at a joke hence the wink. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
14th April 2016, 13:11
and I always respect and conduct myself correctly.

When I said I did, I wasn't referring you weren't. My attempt at a joke hence the wink. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
14th April 2016, 13:17
In my opinion, even though she 'seems' to be respectable, to have to air your rant on YouTube says it all. Why would she do this if she didn't have a axe to grind, tends to show me that she has an attitude that says 'look at me! look at me!' and anyone who doesn't fit into her tick box gets an ear full. I don't like people like that, and like I said before, if you go to a different country expect different culture and mindset. People saying racist things without knowing is not crime and I don't think things will change any time soon in Phils.

She seems to have multiple vids on a channel mostly about fashion so she's in it for the bucks I would imagine. She has also been featured on the news in the Phils. Can anyone translate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T8A-BIn1kY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRLNZkYsnw

Ako Si Jamie
14th April 2016, 13:18
Everyone calls me Sir Mike!:xxgrinning--00xx3: No they don't Joe! :biggrin: