PDA

View Full Version : Report of Marriage

des.allright
31st March 2016, 17:38
Hi There,

Just want to ask regarding Report of Marriage.

Me and my husband got married in the Philippines 5 years ago. We have an NSO Marriage Certificate already. Do we need to report it here in the UK knowing it was certified by NSO already?

Arthur Little
31st March 2016, 18:24
Hi There,

Just want to ask regarding Report of Marriage.

Me and my husband got married in the Philippines 5 years ago. We have an NSO Marriage Certificate already. Do we need to report it here in the UK knowing it was certified by NSO already?

:nono-1-1:, Des's missus ... it's *alright (:icon_lol: ... *'scuse pun!) you're NOT under ANY obligation whatsoever to report your Philippines' marriage in the UK. :NoNo:

:smile: Like yourselves ... my wife and I were married in the Phils - more than 7 years ago - without bothering to have ours registered with the British authorities. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
31st March 2016, 18:38
Report of Marriage is just for those who got married here in the UK or any other part of the world that is not the Philippines.

des.allright
31st March 2016, 21:07
Thank You Arthur for taking time to reply!:smile:

des.allright
31st March 2016, 21:08
Thank You Rayna for taking time to reply! :smile:

Michael Parnham
1st April 2016, 09:16
Interesting, never knew you had to report a marriage wherever you married:Erm:

Terpe
1st April 2016, 14:36
Interesting, never knew you had to report a marriage wherever you married:Erm:

In principle it shouldn't make any difference............but, depending what you do with your life, it can come back to haunt you :Cuckoo:

If the marriage did not take place in the Philippines it's best to minimise all risks and just report it via the Embassy according to procedures.
IMHO

grahamw48
1st April 2016, 23:49
Doesn't this now also apply to the birth of a child abroad... to a Brit' ? :Erm: