PDA

View Full Version : Perth Pair Hope To "Undertake" New Speed Record With A Motorised Coffin!

Arthur Little
22nd March 2016, 13:14
MADCAP car enthusiasts from my home town ... Allan Brand, 29 and Arthur Middleton, 43, are hoping to set a "brand" new (if somewhat unusual) world speed record - with a motorised iron casket they've constructed. :grosyeux:

Fitted with an old Rover engine, using nitrous oxide [:icon_lol: laughing gas] fuel, the contraption is capable of doing 90mph and has been nicknamed ... 'The Grim Ripper' :yikes:!

Terpe
22nd March 2016, 14:35
I'm intrigued enough to ask for a link .......please Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd March 2016, 15:08
I'm intrigued enough to ask for a link .......please Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_sorry:, Peter ... here you go:

http://www.sundaypost.com/in10/chat/video-car-fanatics-hope-set-new-world-record-fastest-motorised-coffin/ :smile:

Arthur Little
24th March 2016, 00:15
:icon_sorry:, Peter ... here you go:

http://www.sundaypost.com/in10/chat/video-car-fanatics-hope-set-new-world-record-fastest-motorised-coffin/ :smile:

Peter ... there's the link :yeahthat: ... if you're still interested!

Arthur Little
25th March 2016, 03:25
Peter ... there's the link :yeahthat: ... if you're still interested!

PETER ... yoo~hoo! :Hellooo:

Likewise, of course ... :anerikke: ... this equally applies to ANY one of you other motoring enthusiasts who hasn't [yet] had the opportunity of spotting this thread, but might ALSO find you're sufficiently intrigued! :wink:

Michael Parnham
25th March 2016, 09:29
PETER ... yoo~hoo! :Hellooo:

AND, of course ... :anerikke: ... this equally applies to ANY one of you other motoring enthusiasts who hasn't [yet] had the opportunity of spotting this thread, but might ALSO find you're sufficiently intrigued! :wink:

Well Arthur, I really love it, nice one!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th March 2016, 12:31
Well Arthur, I really love it, nice one! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you for the rep, Michael ... have one from me, in return. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th March 2016, 13:54
Thank you for the rep, Michael ... have one from me, in return. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your welcome and thank you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th March 2016, 02:39
:Erm: ... before logging~off, it occurred to me you might [still] want to see that link [#3] you asked for last week, Peter!

Terpe
30th March 2016, 15:07
:Erm: ... before logging~off, it occurred to me you might [still] want to see that link [#3] you asked for last week, Peter!

I've been 'out of town' in the mountains of ComVal province until now, so unable to respond.
Despite this being the 21st century and the time of limitless communications, I have to report this is not the case here. Sadly.
Also we have daily power outages of up to 4 hours.

I'm not complaining too much as life is still well worth missing the Internet and grid electricity.

Arthur Little
30th March 2016, 16:51
I've been 'out of town' in the mountains of ComVal province until now, so unable to respond.
Despite this being the 21st century and the time of limitless communications, I have to report this is not the case here. Sadly.
Also we have daily power outages of up to 4 hours.

I'm not complaining too much as life is still well worth missing the Internet and grid electricity.

Glad you've finally been able to see the link I posted, Peter; I had to burst out laughing :laugher: at the registration plate COF 1N! Plus, of course, the skulls for headlamps.

Shame about the lack of decent internet facilities - as well as the~all~too~frequent brown-outs - that seems to be part & parcel of life in ComVal province ... as I'd also discovered for myself, :icon_rolleyes: during the 3 months I stayed in nearby Tagum City back in 2008.

Anyway, I'm pleased you're being "compensated" for those inconveniences through your enjoyment of the lifestyle in the 'Paradise Islands'. :xxgrinning--00xx3: