PDA

View Full Version : Endangered eagle hatches in captivity in Philippines

Win2Win
13th December 2007, 11:12
MANILA -- A new Philippine eagle chick has hatched in a breeding center here, researchers said Wednesday, boosting efforts to preserve one of the world's most endangered birds. The Philippine Eagle Ce...

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rid=11679787&cat=0267775d6f1c3971)

KeithD
13th December 2007, 11:30
Unusual....something gets to hatch before it is eaten :)

joebloggs
13th December 2007, 11:38
nah, they don't want the chick, they rather have the nest for that 'birds nest' soup :vomit-smiley-011::Blacklistthatsucks:

nigel
13th December 2007, 20:46
Awww that's nice news that is! :cwm12: I've been to that eagle centre in Mindanao, magnificent creatures really. Some of those eagles eat monkey!!:yikes:

aromulus
13th December 2007, 20:56
Some of those eagles eat monkey!!:yikes:

I had the fortune to witness Eagles catch their food on 2 occasions in my life.

As an 11 years old, while holidaying with the family on the Appenines mountains in Italy, I saw an eagle take a lamb and disappear, and the sheperd swear all sorts of revenge...

And while working on the Royal Viking Star as a Wine Steward in 1980, during one of the cruises to glacier bay in Alaska, I saw a bald Eagle swoop down and pull a salmon out of the water. Well if it wasn't a salmon, it was a damn big fish.

Absolutely marvellous. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now, when I happen to go to some zoo or the other, and see some of them in their aviaries, I feel like shooting them, to put them out of their misery. :doh

nigel
13th December 2007, 21:06
I agree that it's sad to see the eagle's in cages, or any animal really. I've been to many zoo's, the one I liked best was the one near Dunstable, I think it's called Whipsnade. I like that one because there was plenty of room for the animals to run around, I remember seeing the elephants run about carrying tree trunks and stuff, doing the things elephants should do! It was a joy to see that! All the other zoo's I've been to just made me feel a little sad.:NoNo:

aromulus
13th December 2007, 21:18
I took the kids to Knowsley safary Park on a couple of occasions, and personally I think that the place should be shut down.
Never seen a worse bunch of miserable looking lions, or any other animals, in all my life, really.:cwm23:
The Welsh Mountain and Chester zoos are the pits. Appalling.
Conservation is only an excuse, in my opinion.
If they really cared about that, they would make larger and better enclosures for the animals.
After all they charge enough for the disappointment of witnessing suffering animals.:Brick:

KeithD
13th December 2007, 22:01
I took the kids to Knowsley safary Park on a couple of occasions, and personally I think that the place should be shut down.
Never seen a worse bunch of miserable looking lions, or any other animals, in all my life, really.:cwm23:
The Welsh Mountain and Chester zoos are the pits. Appalling.
Conservation is only an excuse, in my opinion.
If they really cared about that, they would make larger and better enclosures for the animals.
After all they charge enough for the disappointment of witnessing suffering animals.:Brick:

Are you playing Scrooge this year? :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
13th December 2007, 22:28
hes behind you!

andypaul
13th December 2007, 22:36
I agree that it's sad to see the eagle's in cages, or any animal really. I've been to many zoo's, the one I liked best was the one near Dunstable, I think it's called Whipsnade. I like that one because there was plenty of room for the animals to run around, I remember seeing the elephants run about carrying tree trunks and stuff, doing the things elephants should do! It was a joy to see that! All the other zoo's I've been to just made me feel a little sad.:NoNo:

Chessington over the years made me sad as it slowly turned into a fun park the animals pushed into the corner so to speak