PDA

View Full Version : Shopping time

stevewool
20th February 2016, 10:39
Yep the weekends here and we are both not working too,
So its time to treat me and Ems, dinner out and looking for a new camera lens for me,
This is my Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas present from Ems but i am paying for it :Erm::Erm:,
So which lens do i go for, the new Tamron 18-270 or the Nikon 18-200, both good lenses but there is a massive £230 difference in price,
Some may say well thats the price you pay for quality , you may be right but i am still convinced you do pay that extra bit for the name too,
Like i have mentioned before i use Tamron and Nikon and the Nikon is one of the best lens i have , but it was cheap and every review says that too, They say Nikon made a boo boo,
Anyway back to the lens which one, they both will do what i am wanting from it , yes i would like the Nikon and this is the newer model too , thats why it cost more, i have even looked for a good 2nd hand model but you are still paying over the £200 with no warranty either,
Whats the betting i come back with nothing , :cwm25::NoNo:

Michael Parnham
20th February 2016, 10:54
Buy a Tamron 150-600 perfect for your moon Photo's:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th February 2016, 09:46
Buy a Tamron 150-600 perfect for your moon Photo's:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Surprised you didn't comment Steve:Erm:

stevewool
27th February 2016, 10:40
Well would you believe it, we had a great day together,
Brought Ems a little treat for Valentines and we even had a nice meal at Cosmo, and all this was to take Ems to the camera shop,
In we went and got talking to the chaps who convinced me what i am wanting is perfect for what need,
So i brought it, OUT OF STOCK,
What i like about this shop is they sell you what you are asking for, not what they want to sell you , if its £10 then they will sell you it rather then trying to sell you something thats £50,
They even took my lens in as a trade in too,
After thinking about what i had just brought i thought i may trade in another lens too, so they brought both of me ,
I have brought the Tamron 18-270mm and i think it shall do me just right for what i am wanting,
This is going into my collection of lens,
I still have 3,and all i am wanting now is a macro lens to make my collection complete,
I have a nikon 35mm f1.8, the best lens ever in my eyes and the reviews are very good too, the price well its so cheap its unbelievable, CHEAP LIKE ME ,
The next one is a Tokina 12-24 f4 ultra wide, and now the new Tamron ,
All these lenses will do me well, not loads of money spent on silly names that people think they should have but dont know how to use them, but each to there own ,
The Tamron has a five year warranty included which in my eyes is another great reason to buy it,

stevewool
27th February 2016, 10:40
Well would you believe it, we had a great day together,
Brought Ems a little treat for Valentines and we even had a nice meal at Cosmo, and all this was to take Ems to the camera shop,
In we went and got talking to the chaps who convinced me what i am wanting is perfect for what need,
So i brought it, OUT OF STOCK,
What i like about this shop is they sell you what you are asking for, not what they want to sell you , if its £10 then they will sell you it rather then trying to sell you something thats £50,
They even took my lens in as a trade in too,
After thinking about what i had just brought i thought i may trade in another lens too, so they brought both of me ,
I have brought the Tamron 18-270mm and i think it shall do me just right for what i am wanting,
This is going into my collection of lens,
I still have 3,and all i am wanting now is a macro lens to make my collection complete,
I have a nikon 35mm f1.8, the best lens ever in my eyes and the reviews are very good too, the price well its so cheap its unbelievable, CHEAP LIKE ME ,
The next one is a Tokina 12-24 f4 ultra wide, and now the new Tamron ,
All these lenses will do me well, not loads of money spent on silly names that people think they should have but dont know how to use them, but each to there own ,
The Tamron has a five year warranty included which in my eyes is another great reason to buy it,

Terpe
28th February 2016, 06:53
The most used lenses I had were a 28mm, 100mm and 300mm

In those days zooms were expensive.

Enjoy your gadgets Steve

stevewool
28th February 2016, 14:56
Thank you Peter,