PDA

View Full Version : Cornerstone Of Policing Under Threat ...

Arthur Little
18th February 2016, 03:21
... according to the following article - which contains extracts taken from Reports submitted by HM Inspectorate of Constabulary in England & Wales:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12161677/Cornerstone-of-policing-at-risk-with-beat-officers-only-spending-half-time-on-streets.html ... :ReadIt:

Michael Parnham
18th February 2016, 08:41
Not seen two police officers walking the streets for many years, as a child and teenager it was common to see the police on foot and when we came across them we used to talk in a whisper whilst passing them, I don't think I've ever spoken to a police officer yet whilst on duty the only one I ever had a conversation with was a neighbour who lived on the same culdi sac that I lived on and he was a very nice nieghbour too we had a lot in common and became quite friendly:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
18th February 2016, 16:30
The 'cornerstone of policing' as far as I'm concerned used to be the ability to give cheeky young lads a smack round the ear, and to PUNISH properly those breaking the law !

RESPECT is what is lacking, not money or bodies.

Michael Parnham
18th February 2016, 18:17
The 'cornerstone of policing' as far as I'm concerned used to be the ability to give cheeky young lads a smack round the ear, and to PUNISH properly those breaking the law !

RESPECT is what is lacking, not money or bodies.

Couldn't agree more.