PDA

View Full Version : Fiancé Visa is a return air ticket required?

sdm
17th February 2016, 07:01
Hi All,

I am in the next few days going to be flying to England with my Fiancé, we are currently in Thailand after leaving the Philippines.

I made a call to Thai Airways about seat selection to make sure we had 2 seats together and the guy said I notice that you Fiancé has a one way ticket, I said yes that's right, he said are you sure she does not need a return ticket? I said no because she is coming here to get married, he said yes but you should check because I think she needs a return.

This got me a bit worried, can any of you confirm that she just needs the one way?

I am just a little bit nervous about this now.

SDM

stevewool
17th February 2016, 07:31
No just a one way ticket is needed,

grahamw48
17th February 2016, 08:40
No... because it's a 'settlement' visa.

Airline has the final say though, whether right or wrong.

Michael Parnham
17th February 2016, 08:53
Maritess and I used a return ticket to fly to UK for settlement because it was cheaper than a one way ticket, wouldn't have thought it mattered, also I used a return when I flew from M/chester to Cebu to settle in Philippines because it was cheaper!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
11th March 2016, 23:14
I had fiancé visa before and only bought one way ticket.... I am almost seven years here now in UK.

malchard888
15th March 2016, 08:31
My wife, (fiancé at the time) also had a one way ticket to LHR on Air China without any problems.