PDA

View Full Version : Going back to Philippines

Jentobeharrison
17th January 2016, 23:22
Hi guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter! Hahaha. Anyway I will be going back to Philippines for two weeks, I just don't know where I can find products in bulk to bring in Philippines best examples are chocolates and biscuits? Where can I buy those in bulk and cheap? thanks

fred
18th January 2016, 00:41
Netto`?

imagine
18th January 2016, 00:53
Hi guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter! Hahaha. Anyway I will be going back to Philippines for two weeks, I just don't know where I can find products in bulk to bring in Philippines best examples are chocolates and biscuits? Where can I buy those in bulk and cheap? thanks
uk chocolate is not the same mix as uk chocolate which is imported to philippines,
wrap any chocolate up well in bubble wrap, it will insulate them against the heat, if they are in your cargo luggage it should be cool there, but the heat quickly affects them once you exit the airport, untill you can get them to a fridge

SimonH
18th January 2016, 01:19
Decent coffee and proper salt are the first things that spring to mind to bring :smile:

Raven_Mystique
18th January 2016, 01:22
i brought tea :tea_cup5: with me after my visit last September 2014. :smile:

fred
18th January 2016, 02:34
Decent coffee and proper salt are the first things that spring to mind to bring :smile:

What do you mean Simon?? Proper salt??????:Erm:
Whats wrong with 3 in one coffee anyway?? Jokes aside..If you dont like Nescafe instant there are usually lots of different brands of fresh coffee beans etc in the imported isles at malls..I would have thought you had access to a far wider selection where you are than I do here??

SimonH
18th January 2016, 03:03
Looked for Nescafé in Savers and Pure Gold but only found the powder variety not granules or Gold Blend , maybe I should have a look in SM :Erm:

imagine
18th January 2016, 13:51
Looked for Nescafé in Savers and Pure Gold but only found the powder variety not granules or Gold Blend , maybe I should have a look in SM :Erm:

sm malls usualy have

SimonH
18th January 2016, 13:55
sm malls usualy have

Thanks Stuart,
I'll have a look :smile:

Arthur Little
18th January 2016, 15:09
Hi guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter! Hahaha. Anyway I will be going back to Philippines for two weeks.

................... :yeahthat:'ll be nice for you Jen! :biggrin: ... enjoy your visit. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
18th January 2016, 15:13
Sorry my question is confusing! Sorry to confuse you, but I am looking for a store where I can buy bulk chocolates etc?

Arthur Little
18th January 2016, 15:39
Sorry my question is confusing! Sorry to confuse you, but I am looking for a store where I can buy bulk chocolates etc?

:nono-1-1: - honestly, you haven't :confused: me - it's just I cannot seem to think of a suitable answer to your question ... :sorry-2:!

Trefor
18th January 2016, 17:29
It will need to be a wholesale/cash&carry place such as Costco - there will be one near you. Or one of the Cadbury's outlet stores. There is one at Clarks Village in Somerset, maybe there is one closer to you.

Slip
18th January 2016, 17:56
Pound shop for chocolate

Longweekend
18th January 2016, 19:07
Cadbury's store, bags of the odd shapes......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th January 2016, 09:13
How about the shop at Cadbury World in Birmingham ?

I'm going back a couple of years but we always bought bulk there. Many items you just couldn't buy anywhere else.

If you wanted to do the tour you could do that as well. It's not bad. Plenty of free chocs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
19th January 2016, 12:24
We bought all the boxes and tins of biscuits and chocolates during Christmas season..lots of sale that time. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hahaha :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
19th January 2016, 21:41
i brought tea :tea_cup5: with me after my visit last September 2014. :smile:

You're milking it now :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
19th January 2016, 21:50
I know of a place not that far from Merseyside in North Wales that has some surplus stock left over from Xmas. Boxes and tins of biscuits and chocolates. Apparently the owners are away in South-East Asia.

All you need is a crowbar.

Tawi2
20th January 2016, 11:34
Get yourself a Costco membership,everything in bulk and dirt cheap,i have even seen canada goose jackets in there for 400 quid,thats half price.Loads of chocolates but i havent priced them though much cheaper than the supermarkets.

bigmarco
20th January 2016, 17:19

Quite a few M&S shops in Manila now. They do decent Coffee among other things.

Jentobeharrison
21st February 2016, 01:04
Hi Guys! thank you so much for your help, I already bought some of it and I found a Cadbury, Thornton's and Lindt outlet stores in Cheshire Oaks. I know it's cold here and in Philippines will be really hot in April, I am just concern if my chocolates will melt when I go back? Any way to avoid it? Aside from not putting the chocs inside the fridge

grahamw48
21st February 2016, 10:07
Yes they (Cadburys) will melt... from recent experience. Put straight in a fridge upon arrival... or eat. :biggrin:

Cheaper brands seem to fare better... probably because they're full of lots of 'other' stuff. :cwm25:

Coming from York (with its huge chocolate factory... Rowntrees, now taken over by Nestle), as I do, I can tell you that chocolate destined for hotter export markets such as the Philippines is made to a different recipe and also has different packaging. :smile:

Just try to keep it out of the sun and then into a fridge or aircon room, and all should be ok though. It probably won't be sitting around for too long. :hubbahubba:

Jentobeharrison
21st February 2016, 20:13
Yes they (Cadburys) will melt... from recent experience. Put straight in a fridge upon arrival... or eat. :biggrin:

Cheaper brands seem to fare better... probably because they're full of lots of 'other' stuff. :cwm25:

Coming from York (with its huge chocolate factory... Rowntrees, now taken over by Nestle), as I do, I can tell you that chocolate destined for hotter export markets such as the Philippines is made to a different recipe and also has different packaging. :smile:

Just try to keep it out of the sun and then into a fridge or aircon room, and all should be ok though. It probably won't be sitting around for too long. :hubbahubba:

How did you pack it? I am a bit worried that it might smear everywhere inside my luggage!

grahamw48
21st February 2016, 21:00
There was no smearing, because most of the time my baggage (on the way to the Phils) was in aircon surroundings... or freezing cold waiting for a bus in England.

I did pack the bars in sealed plastic bags and lunchboxes though...as I also do with shaving foam, etc. The lunchboxes also come in handy for storing stuff in the Phils... away from the damned ants ! :doh

Jentobeharrison
28th February 2016, 23:32
There was no smearing, because most of the time my baggage (on the way to the Phils) was in aircon surroundings... or freezing cold waiting for a bus in England.

I did pack the bars in sealed plastic bags and lunchboxes though...as I also do with shaving foam, etc. The lunchboxes also come in handy for storing stuff in the Phils... away from the damned ants ! :doh

Thank you so much, ill do some of it. By the way, just to make it clear, I am allowed to travel back in Philippines without my british husband right? I am an FLR (m) holder.

Arthur Little
29th February 2016, 00:58
By the way, just to make it clear, I am allowed to travel back in Philippines without my british husband right? I am an FLR (m) holder.

Yes, at the stage you're at, Jen it's perfectly permissible for you to travel back home without your husband ... so long as you limit your visit to no more than say, a few weeks out of the UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
29th February 2016, 18:19
Never taken anything!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
3rd March 2016, 00:07
Yes, at the stage you're at, Jen it's perfectly permissible for you to travel back home without your husband ... so long as you limit your visit to no more than say, a few weeks out of the UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes I will just be for two weeks because of my grandma, she is ill then I cannot really be apart of my husband for more than two weeks, won't be able to cope with it! hahaha. He can't go back with me because we are saving for another house. :smile:

Jentobeharrison
3rd March 2016, 00:08

What do you mean sorry?

jake
3rd March 2016, 05:43
What do you mean sorry?

He means that he has never given pasalubong.

Nothing wrong with giving a small gift to family or friends. It's better to give than to receive :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
3rd March 2016, 07:51

Whenever I've travelled to Philippines I've always taken hand carry luggage amounting to 7 kilos even when I went to live there Feb 2011, when ever I have anything to send it is a box annually. Will be going again later this year for the 41st time with the same 'Tripp' hand carry bag.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
3rd March 2016, 12:17
Whenever I've travelled to Philippines I've always taken hand carry luggage amounting to 7 kilos even when I went to live there Feb 2011, when ever I have anything to send it is a box annually. Will be going again later this year for the 41st time with the same 'Tripp' hand carry bag.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good on ya Michael, i thought you were just kuripot :xxparty-smiley-004::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
3rd March 2016, 12:21

The flight you take must have a baggage allowance of say 20-30kg. Did your ex not want to bring additional things for the family?

Michael Parnham
3rd March 2016, 13:18
The flight you take must have a baggage allowance of say 20-30kg. Did your ex not want to bring additional things for the family?

She was an excellent wife, wouldn't spend a penny. When I was with her life was perfect and we were very comfortable indeed!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
4th March 2016, 21:30
She was an excellent wife, wouldn't spend a penny. When I was with her life was perfect and we were very comfortable indeed!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's good, I will just bring chocolates and some food that we do not have in Philippines, I want my family and friends to taste the food that I am eating here as well. I will not buy such material things because I have told them how expensive things are here. Then I will buy filipino stuff for my family and colleagues here

Thank you for all of your advises, big help! :)

Michael Parnham
5th March 2016, 08:29
That's good, I will just bring chocolates and some food that we do not have in Philippines, I want my family and friends to taste the food that I am eating here as well. I will not buy such material things because I have told them how expensive things are here. Then I will buy filipino stuff for my family and colleagues here

Thank you for all of your advises, big help! :)

Enjoy your visit:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sparky
28th March 2016, 22:25
galaxy travels well- always take the big bars over- they go down well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sparky
9th April 2016, 12:35
Cathay are quite cheap at the min- Just paid £510 from manchester even tho China Southern were £353

Tawi2
10th April 2016, 12:26
My nephews flying to Cebu wednesday,i am sure he paid 470 quid.

Michael Parnham
10th April 2016, 12:28
What do you mean sorry?

Never taken any gifts!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
10th April 2016, 12:29
My nephews flying to Cebu wednesday,i am sure he paid 470 quid.

Nice price, hope he enjoys his trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
10th April 2016, 12:35
He will michael,he is taking loads of chocolate back for his girlfriends,he is getting his old apartment with the swimming pool back,got a six month lease,oh to be in my early 20's again :smile:

Michael Parnham
10th April 2016, 12:41
He will michael,he is taking loads of chocolate back for his girlfriends,he is getting his old apartment with the swimming pool back,got a six month lease,oh to be in my early 20's again :smile:

Just thinking the same, lucky fella :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
10th April 2016, 23:08
Flights at mo for £495 with Singapore Airlines going to Manila, Cebu or Davao. Very tempting!

Michael Parnham
11th April 2016, 06:46
Flights at mo for £495 with Singapore Airlines going to Manila, Cebu or Davao. Very tempting!

Singapore Airlines are offering some very affordable prices right through the next six months from all UK airports to Cebu & Manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th April 2016, 13:03
Singapore Airlines are offering some very affordable prices right through the next six months from all UK airports to Cebu & Manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GBP490 to Manila from London or Manchester