PDA

View Full Version : paper work

dave65
10th February 2006, 15:31
ok being a bear of little brain i like to make out nice clear list of just what is required and from whom
so
to marry in the philippines (church wedding)
from me
my birth certificate
certificate of baptism
certificate of comfirmation
my decree absolute
passport
all of the above to be originals
what seemed odd was they also asked for my parents wedding certificate (this could be tricky getting my parents to hand over the original)
can anyone think of somthing i have missed also how long do they keep hold of them for
to apply for Jasmine to come back to England
i guess she needs to apply for a passport,
and ask the embassy for forms which will say what we have to provide
i am a bit concerned about handing over my passport if they take weeks or months i would be stuffed
there may already be one but i have not found it so is there a clear definitive list of required documents anyone

Pauldo
10th February 2006, 17:17
Originally posted by dave65@Feb 10 2006, 03:31 PM
ok being a bear of little brain i like to make out nice clear list of just what is required and from whom
so
from me
my birth certificate
certificate of baptism
my decree absolute
passport
what seemed odd was they also asked for my parents wedding certificate (this could be tricky getting my parents to hand over the original)
can anyone think of somthing i have missed also how long do they keep hold of them for
i am a bit concerned about handing over my passport if they take weeks or months i would be stuffed
there may already be one but i have not found it so is there a clear definitive list of required documents anyone

Quoted post

Who is this 'they' who asked for your parents wedding certificate? Some barangay monkeys who have no idea what they are on about but smell a fast buck? Nopbody asked for such a thing when I got married there a few years ago.

Applying for a visa for your wife will be a totally seperate operation than the wedding. She will have to call the embassy and inform them she wants a visa, and they will send a courier to collect the application package.

They don't want your passport, but will probably want a notarised copy. they will want proof of you income, proof of where she will be staying in the UK, proof of marriage, proof of how long you have been together, proof that you are indeed a married couple, not just a marriage of convenience.

It would be best to leave a period of time between getting married and applying for the visa too, as they are looking for evidence of an established and solid relationship, rather than some guy who has just flown in and married the first girl who smiled at him. That is apparently what some of the emnbassy staff see in us guys who marry Filipinas :angry:

In short, you would do better applying for a settlement visa rather than a tourist visa, as they don't believe anybody would ever want to leave the glorious UK after setting foot there.

Study the Manila embassy website, long and hard, as all the details are in there about what you need to apply and how to do it.

dave65
10th February 2006, 17:29
the 'they' that asked for the paperwork was Jasmines local priest
ok so if the marriage and moving over here are to be dealt with separately

1)to get married do i first need to get some kind of offical permission

regarding the immigration its sounds like the first step is for Jasmine to get the application pack i guess this is obtained from the embassy in manila?

andypaul
10th February 2006, 20:46
Originally posted by dave65@Feb 10 2006, 05:29 PM
the 'they' that asked for the paperwork was Jasmines local priest
ok so if the marriage and moving over here are to be dealt with separately

1)to get married do i first need to get some kind of offical permission

regarding the immigration its sounds like the first step is for Jasmine to get the application pack i guess this is obtained from the embassy in manila?

Quoted post

Im not aware of any application pack, all you need to download is the Latest version of the Visa Application Form from the embassy website, which your wife and you will fill in.

Don't forget to be keeping records of all your communication between the two of you. Letters,parcels,emails,telephone landline and sms messages.

Make sure you keep all the photos you took on your trip safe, keep any Air ticket stubs or details you have of your flight. Receipts of hotel stay. Any remittance payments you might send.

Trust me the more info the better.

My advice to you and to others is get organised and collect and sort as you get it all edvidence of a relationship. Keep this stored in Folders which you want to treat as carefuly you would any very important paperwork like House deeds-insurance etc.

Be prepared to do a lot of reading of this site and others. Many others have already followed the path you are starting out on and can offer advice on the many steps you will need to take.

Good luck i hope you are both together soon :BouncyHappy:

mupsuit
11th February 2006, 12:22
so
from me
my birth certificate
certificate of baptism
my decree absolute
passport

Quoted post

Shamrockdave2003
11th February 2006, 12:26
Im hoping to get married soonish.

But can i ask a question, where can you get a copy of Baptism and Confirmation??

I asked my mother and she laughed at me - "i dont remember ever getting certs like that she said"

LOL

SD

mupsuit
11th February 2006, 12:42
so
from me
my birth certificate
certificate of baptism
my decree absolute
passport

Quoted post

Dave

Another document that you need to get in the UK before you leave is a Certificate of No Impediment - you can obtain this from the local registry office in the town where you live - (even if your divorce was in another city) It takes 14 days to get the certificate

When appplying for this form give the registar your wedding date - make it 21 days after you plan to arrive in Manila - this facilitates the issuing of the form and will allow the registrar to take down the weding notice from his window - after that date passes

You take this form to the British Embassy in Manila and they will issue you with another certificate - THIS IS THE ONLY CERTIFICATE ACCEPTABLE IN PI -

Your British issued form should be isued as close to the date you travel as possible - when issued in the UK it is only "valid" for three months so the closer to the travel date the better

The British Embassy will give you their certificate the same day as you apply

If you dont get this form in the UK, the British Embassy will issue one - but that takes three weeks to process

You need to show this form from the British Embassy to City Hall in your girls home town - they do not accept the form from your local registrar.

Jasmine's passport - if she gets one now in her maiden name she can use it for the visa application and for travel - she does not need to have a passport in her married name to get to the UK -

Good luck

mupsuit
11th February 2006, 12:47
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Feb 11 2006, 12:26 PM
Im hoping to get married soonish.

But can i ask a question, where can you get a copy of Baptism and Confirmation??

I asked my mother and she laughed at me - "i dont remember ever getting certs like that she said"

LOL

SD

Quoted post

You only need this type of certificate if you are to wed in a Catholic church in PI

we married in a civil ceremony and I did not need these forms

ginapeterb
11th February 2006, 14:12
Originally posted by mupsuit@Feb 11 2006, 11:47 AM
You only need this type of certificate if you are to wed in a Catholic church in PI

we married in a civil ceremony and I did not need these forms

Quoted post

I think we all need to take a breather here, and update this forum, Brian and Colin have both updated us on information that has come to Light, and that is the current CAVA programme has been terminated by the British Embassy.

There is a new service started now, fortunately, I already knew about this, but Brian has brought it up today, and Colin again, the current service is offered by UKVACS and I need to do some updating on my website today, and this forum needs to be updated, as with all things, they keep changing the goals posts and moving them.

PETE