PDA

View Full Version : Remember THIS Guy?

Arthur Little
26th December 2015, 19:05
Completely unrelated in ANY way to the context of my *previous thread on Boxing Day. Just mere coincidence it happens to tie-in with the remark I'd made in *its last paragraph.

www.channel4.com/news/olympic-archive-cassius-clay-1960 ... :ReadIt: - if you're of a corresponding generation - in order to help refresh your memories. :wink:

Light heavyweight boxing :xxsport-smiley-002: champion and gold medallist at the 1960 Rome Olympics, "I [I]am the greatest :biggrin:!" Cassius Marcellus Clay - who became known as 'Muhammed Ali', some four years' later, following his conversion to Islam.

Arthur Little
26th December 2015, 19:34
Light heavyweight boxing :xxsport-smiley-002: champion and gold medallist at the 1960 Rome Olympics, "I am the greatest :biggrin:!" Cassius Marcellus Clay - who became known as 'Muhammed Ali', four years' later, following his conversion to Islam.

So :poke: ... Manny Pacquiao, eat your heart out! :smile:

Arthur Little
27th December 2015, 00:20
Now ... at 73, four times married Ali, :icon_rolleyes: in spite of being diagnosed with Parkinsonian Syndrome - a disease believed to be common
to head trauma in boxers - remains alive to the present day.

grahamw48
27th December 2015, 11:16
I suppose it helps when you have the financial resources to fund the best available medical care... especially in America ?

Michael Parnham
27th December 2015, 11:28
In my eyes, the greatest ever:xxgrinning--00xx3: