PDA

View Full Version : sponsered visit visa

dave65
10th February 2006, 13:42
I guess the title says it all really but i was just wondering are these fairly straight forward or are they usually turned down
i would like for Jasmine to be able to visit even if only for a couple of weeks

Eljohno
10th February 2006, 14:19
Originally posted by dave65@Feb 10 2006, 12:42 PM
I guess the title says it all really but i was just wondering are these fairly straight forward or are they usually turned down

Quoted post

Hi,
i think from what i have learnt it is nearly impossible to bring someone from the Philippines here just for a visit.

A friend of mine who is married to a filipino guy and has lived in the Philippines for 6 years just wanted to bring her husband back to UK for Christmas but it turned out to be a waste of time.

John

nicelady
10th February 2006, 22:58

Quoted post

Hi,

Have you already been in the philippines to visit her?

ginapeterb
10th February 2006, 23:46

Quoted post

David I will be writing to you under seperate cover, but for the purposes of this public forum, I will say that Visitors visa's are generally hard to obtain for the following situations

1. Female visitors to the UK to stay with Male UK Nationals.

2. In-Laws both female and male to visit daughter in UK.

Pauldo, has proved it can be done, by obtaining his MIL admittance to the UK, visitors visa's are under a seperate set of rules, very often the burden of proof and financial arrangements are incumbent upon the applicant to supply adequate proof to the Entry Clearance Officer of

1. Sufficient funds on time deposit with a Philippine Bank to enable bona fida status as a tourist in the UK without recourse to emergency public assistance by the United Kingdom Government.

2. Compelling reasons which would satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that the applicant has sufficient economic stablity, to prevent them from remaining within the United Kingdom and that there is no risk of flight to the visited country, and that the applicant will return to the country of embarkation at the end of their stay.

Most Visitor Visa's are declined on the basis, that the applicant has not in the view of the Entry Clearance officer demonstrated enough proof both documentary and orally to satisfy the admission under the above criteria.

What does all this mean...now I can cut the offical terminology.

In my experiences, the best way to obtain a visitors visa, is to not follow the normal process, the applicant cannot rely simply on a UK Sponsor, the rules do not allow for this, that is why UK Sponsors such as a British Man, supply a financial guarantee, the rules do not allow for a guarantee to be offered, and if it was offered it would be simply dismissed as irrelevant.

Spouse's of British Nationals tend to fair better with respect to visitor visa's simply because they are being financially supported by the husband, in most cases an Entry Clearance officer will look sympathetically at such an application, I know of cases, where a Filipino Female has entered the UK on a visitor visa, and returned later back to the Philippines to then apply for a settlement visa for the purposes of permanent settlement with the UK Husband.

However, as I said previously, money talks, some Filipino applicants resort to using ' Agencies ' and paying a large amount of cash, which they have borrowed, sometimes up to 500,000 Pesos to use the services of a fixer, the fixer agency normally can secure a visitor visa for the applicant, this has often involved a transfer of a time deposit to an account, to substantiate bona fida tourist status, out of this fund, then the agency fees are taken, and whatever pay offs that have to be deducted, in the Philippines of course, there are always pay offs, to be deducted, express fees, fixer fees, it all amounts to the same thing, money fixes everything. Very often the large amount of cash has been borrowed from money lenders, some Filipinos who come to UK never go back, as they have to find work in the informal economy to survive, they then spend the next few years working, mostly in London to pay off the money lenders and provide sustenance to their families, such is the lot of a visitor visa applicant who is an overstayer.

The main reason why so many tourist visa's are declined, is that so many tourists never return, over 60,000 Filipino tourists are known to be living in London alone, my sources tell me, that it is thought, over 60 per cent of these came on tourist visas of one kind or another, they have overstayed, those who overstay, may be granted amnesty after 14 years, thats a long time to wait looking over your shoulder, it seems to me these days, every Filipino I meet in London, in the Filipino British Community, is an overstayer, it seems to be accepted, it is often the source of mirth and laughter that when my wife and I go to a gathering, my wife is the only 'LEGAL' Filipino at the gathering, that should tell you something about visitors visas, it may also give you an insight into why so many tourist visa's are simply declined due to lack of compelling reasons to return.

Compelling reasons are as follows:

1. A Long term career or professional position in the Philippines such as

Doctors
Polititicans
Lawyers,
Managers,

Or those with extensive property and financial assets, after all, there are so very rich Filipinos who can move around without let or hindrance.

Everyone else of course simply gets treated in a totally different way, as I said, money and wealth is the key, if you have it, you dont seem to have a problem, if you are poor, then you are seen as an economic migrant.

There is no harm in applying for a visitor visa for your GF or Fiancee, but reasons such as :

"I want my GF to come to UK and see our country and spend some time with my family before we get engaged"

Will simply muddy the waters and fall on deaf ears.

If you dont agree with my lengthy peice, fire away, Im all ears !!!

Thats me....Pete, I always tell it how it is !!

nicelady
11th February 2006, 00:20

Quoted post

Hi ,

Sorry for the question, I have just read your first posted topic, saying "JUST GOT BACK" . Actually, its not really that complicated as you think to get a visit visa, as long as you will follow the requirements for visit visa @ UKVISAS website.

In my case, me and my fiance meet first in the net, as most stories..... We have been chatting over a year, at first I am not interested to come here in UK cause I am fully independent at home, I live on my own, work in a financial institution, and I am loving my life there. But as of my spare time, I make friends with people on the net, there I just got more interested with a single person, and I was not dating with anyone at that moment, so why give it a good try.

So, 2nd quarter last year we both decided to meet, so he came over to Cebu.

After his visit, we decided to do it the other way around, which is me visiting him and his family.

We both studied the requirements and all the rules in UKVISAS website.

We just follow the visitors visa requirements, which is more likely similar to fiance's visa requirements.

These are the documents that we have complied in my case:

*my passport
*my passport size photograph for thier file
*the application form of course from UKVISAS website
*his 6 months all photocopied payslips
*his 6 months all photocopied bank statements, along with his on line print outs
*a photocopy of his passport (not necessarily notarized)
*his letter address to the Clearance Entry Officer, saying how we meet and his interests on me
*An original copy of my Employment Certificate

After gathering some documents from him, he sends it to me and I did the rest.Which is not really hard, but nervebreaking to think about the (WHAT IF'S)

So, I called the embassy for the procedures, they give me a british embassy call center number, which is 20pence per min(20PHP). So I called the number and ask about how to do it.

They instruct me to buy a managers check for the visa payment which is around PHP5,000 something(refer to the website).And ask for my passport number, told me to wait for 2 days and the aboitiz courier will pick it up from my workplace, along with all the documents mentioned above.

Note: The british embassy have difinite intructions on how to do it , what envelope to use before sending, and its PHP 180.00 by the way for the courier.

After 3 days I called them up again, for feedback. Then they just said that I am scheduled for an interview 4 weeks after.And that there is an interview invitation letter in transit for me.

I got the letter, with all the interview schedule details.

I flew to Manila on the day before my interview, and of course arrive at about 30 mins ahead of my scheduled time, but the security guards are tight, they won't let you in until its 15 mins before your scheduled interview.So I wander around, then came back after 15 mins.

My interview schedule was actually 2:15pm, but I was actualy interviewed an hour after, the interview took about just 15 mins., for me, there was no easy/hard questions cause they don't seem to be friendly, just as long as they are doing thier job.After that 15 mins interview the CEO said I'm satisfied with the way you answer my questions, please come back an hour after and I will give you your visit visa.

So there, I am here in UK now for six months.

On my 2nd month....he proposed...we are engaged at the moment...

Hope this reply will help you.....but this is not enough...please study the UKVISAS website...

Hope to hear from you

Nicelady

ginapeterb
11th February 2006, 00:46
Originally posted by nicelady@Feb 10 2006, 11:20 PM
Hi ,

Sorry for the question, I have just read your first posted topic, saying "JUST GOT BACK" . Actually, its not really that complicated as you think to get a visit visa, as long as you will follow the requirements for visit visa @ UKVISAS website.

In my case, me and my fiance meet first in the net, as most stories..... We have been chatting over a year, at first I am not interested to come here in UK cause I am fully independent at home, I live on my own, work in a financial institution, and I am loving my life there. But as of my spare time, I make friends with people on the net, there I just got more interested with a single person, and I was not dating with anyone at that moment, so why give it a good try.

So, 2nd quarter last year we both decided to meet, so he came over to Cebu.

After his visit, we decided to do it the other way around, which is me visiting him and his family.

We both studied the requirements and all the rules in UKVISAS website.

We just follow the visitors visa requirements, which is more likely similar to fiance's visa requirements.

These are the documents that we have complied in my case:

*my passport
*my passport size photograph for thier file
*the application form of course from UKVISAS website
*his 6 months all photocopied payslips
*his 6 months all photocopied bank statements, along with his on line print outs
*a photocopy of his passport (not necessarily notarized)
*his letter address to the Clearance Entry Officer, saying how we meet and his interests on me
*An original copy of my Employment Certificate

After gathering some documents from him, he sends it to me and I did the rest.Which is not really hard, but nervebreaking to think about the (WHAT IF'S)

So, I called the embassy for the procedures, they give me a british embassy call center number, which is 20pence per min(20PHP). So I called the number and ask about how to do it.

They instruct me to buy a managers check for the visa payment which is around PHP5,000 something(refer to the website).And ask for my passport number, told me to wait for 2 days and the aboitiz courier will pick it up from my workplace, along with all the documents mentioned above.

Note: The british embassy have difinite intructions on how to do it , what envelope to use before sending, and its PHP 180.00 by the way for the courier.

After 3 days I called them up again, for feedback. Then they just said that I am scheduled for an interview 4 weeks after.And that there is an interview invitation letter in transit for me.

I got the letter, with all the interview schedule details.

I flew to Manila on the day before my interview, and of course arrive at about 30 mins ahead of my scheduled time, but the security guards are tight, they won't let you in until its 15 mins before your scheduled interview.So I wander around, then came back after 15 mins.

My interview schedule was actually 2:15pm, but I was actualy interviewed an hour after, the interview took about just 15 mins., for me, there was no easy/hard questions cause they don't seem to be friendly, just as long as they are doing thier job.After that 15 mins interview the CEO said I'm satisfied with the way you answer my questions, please come back an hour after and I will give you your visit visa.

So there, I am here in UK now for six months.

On my 2nd month....he proposed...we are engaged at the moment...

Hope this reply will help you.....but this is not enough...please study the UKVISAS website...

Hope to hear from you

Nicelady

Quoted post

Nice Lady, you are very Lucky, few get granted, your ECO must have been in a very good mood that day, jokes apart, your case is not typical of a visitors visa, but Im happy for you.

Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to UK.

nicelady
11th February 2006, 18:27
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Feb 10 2006, 11:46 PM
Nice Lady, you are very Lucky, few get granted, your ECO must have been in a very good mood that day, jokes apart, your case is not typical of a visitors visa, but Im happy for you.

Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to UK.

Quoted post

Thank you Pete....must&#39;ve been lucky then :BouncyHappy: ...but as you said....aside from the documents presented, it really matters how you honestly answer thier questions, cause you feel shy in some way that you smiled at them during the interview but they never smiled back at you.... <_< its a bit awkward.....plus they really ask a lot of tricky questions.... :Erm:

Nicelad

Pauldo
11th February 2006, 21:33
Originally posted by nicelady@Feb 11 2006, 12:20 AM
.......................at first I am not interested to come here in UK cause I am fully independent at home, I live on my own, work in a financial institution, and I am loving my life there.
Quoted post

Nicelady, I think the above perhaps indicates the succes of your application.

Speaking honestly, an awful lot of the girls who apply for visit visas do not come from a background such as yours. Many have no job of any great importance, many have no income, many have no property of their own. All the above is taken into consideration when they apply, and the big question asked:

WILL SHE EVER LEAVE AGAIN?

That is what the whole application procedure is for: Purely and simply to ensure the UK does not become filled with errant overstayers looking for an easy life.

Admin
12th February 2006, 18:53
Originally posted by Pauldo@Feb 11 2006, 08:33 PM
..............Purely and simply to ensure the UK does not become filled with errant overstayers looking for an easy life.

....and we wouldn&#39;t want people like that coming into the country, taking jobs that the UK population won&#39;t do, working hard, doing the job better than any British worker, put money into the goverment, getting along with society.....we don&#39;t want buggers like that here..... :Erm:

deepete
12th February 2006, 23:11
Originally posted by admin@Feb 12 2006, 06:53 PM
....and we wouldn&#39;t want people like that coming into the country, taking jobs that the UK population won&#39;t do, working hard, doing the job better than any British worker, put money into the goverment, getting along with society.....we don&#39;t want buggers like that here..... :Erm:

Quoted post

B------t

How many come rushing over here to work down the mines, and the hospitals were cleaner when the `British Worker` was doing the cleaning. They couldnt get workers because they wouldnt pay the rate for the job, instead they undercut by bringing over the West Indians to work the buses in the 50s, and then it all began.

Mind you, you can get a decent cup of coffee now

Admin
13th February 2006, 09:45
I doubt we&#39;d have efficient health service without the Filipino&#39;s these days. They do all the work while the &#39;whities&#39; are on a tea break for the 4th time in there shift&#33;&#33;

deepete
13th February 2006, 12:00
Originally posted by admin@Feb 13 2006, 09:45 AM
I doubt we&#39;d have efficient health service without the Filipino&#39;s these days. They do all the work while the &#39;whities&#39; are on a tea break for the 4th time in there shift&#33;&#33;

Quoted post

Your having a joke right &#33;&#33;&#33;

Well i hope they perform better than they do in the P.I. Standards are p--s poor

Bring back the Matron

Gingwa
13th February 2006, 16:24
Originally posted by deepete@Feb 13 2006, 11:00 AM
Bring back the Matron

Quoted post

Oh yes, I worked as a health Care Assistant for the NHS and BUPA for 10 years.
I have seen so much change over that period. Those pen pushers hidden away upstairs in some broom cupboard, supposedly running the joint. If you need anything, advice, someone to turn to in certain situations, there isn&#39;t anyone to go to anymore.
All people CAN do, is get fustrated that what needs to change, doesn&#39;t, which causes bitterness and a horrible atmosphere in the work place.
I was very young and had only been doing the job about 3 years when they started to bring the filipino nurses over. They just get on with it, they are like machines, they work so many hours and really do their best to make good of any bad situation.
I really do believe that the NHS would be in a worse state it is in now, if it weren&#39;t for them.
So, I couldn&#39;t agree with deepete more...
BRING THE MATRON SYSTEM BACK&#33;

Shamrockdave2003
13th February 2006, 20:52
Originally posted by Gingwa@Feb 13 2006, 03:24 PM
Oh yes, I worked as a health Care Assistant for the NHS and BUPA for 10 years.
I have seen so much change over that period. Those pen pushers hidden away upstairs in some broom cupboard, supposedly running the joint. If you need anything, advice, someone to turn to in certain situations, there isn&#39;t anyone to go to anymore.
All people CAN do, is get fustrated that what needs to change, doesn&#39;t, which causes bitterness and a horrible atmosphere in the work place.
I was very young and had only been doing the job about 3 years when they started to bring the filipino nurses over. They just get on with it, they are like machines, they work so many hours and really do their best to make good of any bad situation.
I really do believe that the NHS would be in a worse state it is in now, if it weren&#39;t for them.
So, I couldn&#39;t agree with deepete more...
BRING THE MATRON SYSTEM BACK&#33;

Quoted post

Hmm strange.

My sister is a staff nurse back in Ireland and she has not got a good word to say about them.

She&#39;s says they are lazy, turn up for there shifts late (obviously still on filipino time) and are very selfish and inconsiderate to the other memebers of staff.

Guess it might be an isolated incident :Erm:

Eljohno
13th February 2006, 21:06
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Feb 13 2006, 07:52 PM
Hmm strange.

My sister is a staff nurse back in Ireland and she has not got a good word to say about them.

She&#39;s says they are lazy, turn up for there shifts late (obviously still on filipino time) and are very selfish and inconsiderate to the other memebers of staff.

Guess it might be an isolated incident :Erm:

Quoted post

My friend works with filipinos in a nursing home and has nothing but good things to say about them. I think it is like any culture were you have people who work hard and those that are lazy&#33;&#33;

John

Gingwa
13th February 2006, 21:31
Well my experience of working with them was all good, hardworking and very respectful.

deepete
13th February 2006, 21:37
Well i can only go by my own experiances with hospitals in the P.I., that range from the poor ones in Angeles including A U hospital to Makati General in Manila.

My boys were always picking up something when we visited the P.I., so often had to spend the odd week in them. One time a friend took us for a farewell meal at the Manila Hilton and 3 hours later my boy, who was 4 or 5, was puking at the check in desk and was diognosed with gastro enteritas. So they wouldnt let us fly and we spent a week in Makati General. If you dont stay and keep an eye on your relatives in hospital watch out. Wrong drugs given etc and not many smiling filipino faces around either, bloody miserable most of the time.

On the other hand I always found the Doctors to be good.

truelove26
14th February 2006, 09:16
Originally posted by dave65@Feb 10 2006, 01:42 PM

Quoted post

dave if i were you go straight in fiancee visa..i applied before but i was turned down because i cant show any land titles,own bussiness in phillipines and i dont have my own house...very frustrating and waste of money and time....the next step i applied for fiancee visa and thanks god im granted as long as you can show that you can support ur girl in uk and you have proofs that you are in contact and really inlove and your intention is to get married once she is in uk and live together....
its a matter of time just be patient.....cheers....

truelove26