PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere to rent

Harry T
19th December 2015, 12:27
Hi Guys, I'm due to arrive in the Philippines on 8th January and stay until March 26th, I have been let down on a property I agreed to rent.. :thumbsdown:

I wanted to base my stay in Davao, however now I may have to change that if I can find a suitable place to rent "anywhere" in Phills, Whilst I will be touring I don't really want to be doing Hotel Living for 3 months, so does anyone know of somewhere that may be suitable, I am a tight bugger, and know if I pay through the nose I will find somewhere, but I just want somewhere that I can bed down, cook a meal or two, and just generally chill out when I am not travelling.

Terpe
19th December 2015, 12:58
Hi Guys, I'm due to arrive in the Philippines on 8th January and stay until March 26th, I have been let down on a property I agreed to rent.. :thumbsdown:

I wanted to base my stay in Davao, however now I may have to change that if I can find a suitable place to rent "anywhere" in Phills, Whilst I will be touring I don't really want to be doing Hotel Living for 3 months, so does anyone know of somewhere that may be suitable, I am a tight bugger, and know if I pay through the nose I will find somewhere, but I just want somewhere that I can bed down, cook a meal or two, and just generally chill out when I am not travelling.

I'll help if I can Harry.
I need to talk with people.
I'll get back here asap.

Terpe
19th December 2015, 13:16
My very good broker friend says she has a place in our village.
I'll get back on a price very quick

I'd normally say stay with us but we are moving to a smaller place very soon for re-construction.

Terpe
19th December 2015, 13:27
Harry,
My broker just called with a place at P15K per month fully furnished.
Our village is fully guarded, very quite, very safe, 'watering hole' and swimming pool etc

We could cycle together and eat together if desired.

My broker is just needs info from me on your character reference and why you will be here in Davao
Sometimes 'Strange' Puti

Our village is just P20 jeepney fare from downtown. Taxi around P200
There is a Batchelor Bus terminal nearby.
Local market and HB1 convenience store within a few minutes walk.

I can be your guide if that OK.

Just let me know how you feel and I'll get the broker moving with you.

Terpe
19th December 2015, 13:43
It's a 2 story house don't know how many bedrooms yet at least 2 I'd guess.

Harry T
20th December 2015, 01:53
I knew you guys would come up with some advice and thanks to you Peter, and Fred also offered some help. Peter I would be grateful if you could move this along please, and again many thanks.:smile:

Terpe
23rd December 2015, 05:18
Hi Harry,
Been up in the mountains for a break and couldn't get internet or even get back home until now.
Traffic is mad here just now.

I talked to the owner and this isn't going to be great. He wanted all manner of deposits and security etc. When you add that to the utlities it's getting way too expensive and complicated.

I'll try and find something with less headaches.

Terpe
25th December 2015, 05:37
Harry,

Here's a useful website. I checked the Davao City area and came up with a few.
You can just reset some of the filters to refine your search.
Hope it helps:-

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Davao-City--Davao-Region--Philippines?room_types%5B%5D=Entire+home%2Fapt&price_max=10&ss_id=vetmp9e2#