PDA

View Full Version : CHILD ILE/ILR expiration date

jhen1230
7th December 2015, 15:45
Hi All,

I got my daughter's brp today and in her brp she has been given ILE with a valid until date of 2020.
In her passport a visa vignette says she has been given an ILR? I am a bit confused?

Does this mean that in 2020 we have to apply again an ILR?

I thought she will automatically get ILR as I am a British citizen and came to the Uk under the old rules, before 09 July,2012.

Any advise please. It says I will have 10 days to report if it is a mistake on their part.

Thanks.

raynaputi
7th December 2015, 15:51
The expiration date is just a standard process. You don't have to apply for another ILE. In the BRP cards, the expiration date written on it is just for renewal of the card.

About the ILR confussion in the passport vignette, I'm not really sure if that's a mistake or it's the same with ILE. You better inform them anyway, or call them to clarify.

sars_notd_virus
11th December 2015, 16:42
Hi All,

I got my daughter's brp today and in her brp she has been given ILE with a valid until date of 2020.
In her passport a visa vignette says she has been given an ILR? I am a bit confused?

Does this mean that in 2020 we have to apply again an ILR?

I thought she will automatically get ILR as I am a British citizen and came to the Uk under the old rules, before 09 July,2012.

Any advise please. It says I will have 10 days to report if it is a mistake on their part.

Thanks.

Hi Jhen ,

How old is your daughter?
Did you apply ILE (for your daughter) outside UK ?
When did you became British ?