PDA

View Full Version : certificate of approval to marry from immig

nicelady
9th February 2006, 15:10
Hi guys,

I just wanna know what's your idea about my situation. I came here last year with a sponsored visit visa, my boyfriend sponsored me to come over and meet his family and friends.Come December he proposed, and i love him so much, so I said yes, now we browse the internet for further informaton of how to change my visa status, unfortunately i am not allowed to change my visa here in UK. So we browse for more if there are any other chances..:) Then we just read in a website about marriage requirements, that if you came here not having a fiance's visa, you can apply for certificate of approval to immigration, if they approve that, and comply other requirements, I can actually get marry. Now, we just notice that it has to be over six months for me to have the certificate approved, but I have already send the application, along with our passports, do you think we have a chance to get it approved?

nicelad

Pauldo
9th February 2006, 19:40
Originally posted by nicelady@Feb 9 2006, 03:10 PM
Hi guys,

Now, we just notice that it has to be over six months for me to have the certificate approved, but I have already send the application, along with our passports, do you think we have a chance to get it approved?
nicelady

Quoted post

Well, I'm guessing that you haven't been in the UK more than six months, from what you're asking.
I think all you can do is wait, and see what happens. There's not really a lot more you can do. Maybe a phone call to the office you sent the passports to might give you a clue?