PDA

View Full Version : Is my gf married?!!

IanB
9th December 2007, 02:06
I knew that Mae had some secrets - don't we all! Six years ago it would appear she got married. It was some kind of ceremony at the church with 100 couples. She signed a paper and used her boyfriend's name from then onwards. But he left her a few weeks later!

Mae does not seem that clear as to whether she is offcially married or not. She says she will go to the church to find out. What do you think? Is it likely she is still married? She says, and it would seem from this forum, that anullment is quite easy anyway. Anything I should worry about? I have plenty of time as I am still married myself.

Thamks

Ian

aromulus
9th December 2007, 08:15
The "Moonies" in Phil...???:Erm:

andypaul
9th December 2007, 09:49
The church whoever they are may say yes or no but the law is what i would care about. Not an expert on subject. Maybe worth asking a good lawyer to get invovled, but first maybe worth asking nso for cenomar a cert to say if wife free to marry. A good post to read on this is by i think peterdavid who gave an insight in how the cenomar worked.

A_flyer
9th December 2007, 09:58
Ian, you have to request a cenomar (singleness certificate) or a marriage certificate at NSO via www.ecensus.com.ph and you will know if the marriage was officially recorded by the central Philippines administration. That's the 1st step. Then (or in the mean time), she should also check the local registry where the marriage was done to verify if it was recorded there and get a certified copy if the result is positive. If there's no record at both, she's not officially married in the Philippines.

As for the annulment procedure in the Philippines, I'm sure it's not that easy but I'm sure it's a long process. It's not at all like a divorce procedure in our western countries.

Good luck anyway.

JAMZ
9th December 2007, 11:29
Moonies??? or Mass Wedding???

I think she is married..Better check with NSO if that's registered. A_flyer's suggestion is ideal.

ginapeterb
9th December 2007, 16:04
Ian,

Are you serious about telling us this ? as far as I am concerned, this is a RED FLAG :ARsurrender: of all time, are you telling us now, that she is married ? when did you find that one out ?

I would say if she went through a marriage procedure, then she is married, wow what a way to find out, just like that eh !

Why has she not come clean from the start, anulment ? do you really want to have to go through that with her, it can take from 12 months to 18 months or more, and thats if you start now, and I can tell you this, there are very few grounds for the regional trial court to grant one, I suggest you find out quickly, and then if its an anulment that is required get some dosh together cos you will need it.

At least £2500.00.

Best of luck

IanB
9th December 2007, 17:05
Well, lets just hope she isn't married. But I will stick with her and I understand her reasons for not telling me.

Ian

IanB
9th December 2007, 17:40
Lets make this clear. Things happened in Mae's life 6 years ago which I will not go into here to give her some privacy. As a result she left home in a hurry and quickly got married - or so it would appear. Within weeks she found out her boyfriend / husband had another women. He left her, settled with the other woman, and now has children. So she was apparently married ofr just a few weeks 6 years ago.

Since then she has been single and struggling. She currently lives in a small apartment with her (female!) cousin - sharing a tiny bed and what little money they earn. I speak to her for ages every day, at all times, so I know what she is up to. I am as sure as I can be that she is not a scammer. Soon, hopefully, I will be able to go over there to find out for myself.

Ian

joebloggs
9th December 2007, 18:26
Well, lets just hope she isn't married. But I will stick with her and I understand her reasons for not telling me.

Ian

:xxgrinning--00xx3:, been in similar position, didn't walk away when most would, been married 5yrs now :xxgrinning--00xx3: thou it might not be plane sailing :cwm24:, but it never is with me :D

IanB
9th December 2007, 18:29
Thanks. I cannot say I am not worried - I am going to have to be very careful over the next few weeks and carry out some serious checks.

Ian

joebloggs
9th December 2007, 18:38
the sooner you meet her, her friends and family the better, you can put your mind at rest then..

good luck Ian :xxgrinning--00xx3:...

IanB
9th December 2007, 18:59
Yep, thats the only way. Could also use the trip to find a good anullment lawyer!!! Don't suppose anyone knows of one in AC?

But somehow I think I may not get to meet much of the family beyond her cousin. Her Dad is in Iligan and she has little or no contact with her Mum. All quite sad.

Ian

bornatbirth
10th December 2007, 00:05
ianb,
can i ask u something?

are u a gluten for punishment? you have be married 3 times,still married to the third and now looking for the forth? crikey

mae seems to have a complicated life there,just be carefull i am worried too with wat im reading!

IanB
10th December 2007, 00:16
are u a gluten for punishment? you have be married 3 times,still married to the third and now looking for the forth? crikey

Ooops no! I have been married twice. Still married to the 2nd - but sometimes refer to her as my ex wife!!!

fred
10th December 2007, 03:04
Ian..

I know this sounds terrible but there you go..
Have you thought about hiring a local detective agency to get a realistic perspective of the truth?
As a landlord,I have seen and heared things here in the last 5 months that would make your hair curl.
There are some very clever/devious girls here playing the long game..
Im not for one second suggesting that your girl is one of them but as others have mentioned,annulments cost time and MONEY..
It is very hard for those emotionally involved (You) to find out and believe the truth...Whatever it is..
Get someone else to do it..IMO.

Fred.

peterj1961
10th December 2007, 03:44
hi ian

just got married in philippines october 25th, getting paperwork together to bring my wife back to the uk ,will apply for spouse settlement in january when going back to phil, my wife had to go through annulment, i knew what i was getting into from the start, it took about 2 years for annulment to go through , cost about a £1000 in total, have known my wife for 3 years, as far as lawyers are concerned, think they are all trying to rip you off, once they know you are a westerner,yes there are good and bad ones, think it would be better if your girlfriend could source one,

good luck ian

peter j