PDA

View Full Version : When do you know its time to hung up the car keys

stevewool
11th November 2015, 19:09
There comes a time in our lives where we think we had better not do that anymore, but each to there own i say, sky diving , mountain climbing the list can go on, but what about driving,
I am not the greatest driver in the world but being a driver all my life i may have a bit more road sense then others, but that is no guarantee as they say.
The other day we pulled into a service station and i do know there signs are not the best for parking , but this car came down the wrong way on the wrong side of the road coming straight at me, i had to stop and wonder what was there next move,
There was two drivers in the car one turning the wheel the other telling them how to turn the wheel, well after a few minutes waiting i decided to past them , well if looks could kill and that was from these two people in the car,
Yes they was older then me and maybe they may have got lost too but a little wave and a smile does go along way no matter what age you are,

grahamw48
11th November 2015, 23:23
I have driven 'for a living' since I was 18. Passed my test September 30th 1969.

Then I got my free bus pass. At that point I decided to retire... and stop driving, as it just wasn't enjoyable anymore on today's crowded roads full of inconsiderate (or just crap) drivers. :NoNo:

So far, I haven't regretted it. :smile:

Longweekend
12th November 2015, 10:10
Would be lost without my wheels...

mickcant
15th November 2015, 20:12
Nearly a year since I got rid of my car, walking more has helped with my 3 1/2 stone weight loss and was told at the Drs last Friday I can stop taking the Diabetic medication I have been on.

Do I miss driving NO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th November 2015, 20:46
Good man Mick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th November 2015, 06:24
Nearly a year since I got rid of my car, walking more has helped with my 3 1/2 stone weight loss and was told at the Drs last Friday I can stop taking the Diabetic medication I have been on.

Great news about the meds Mick :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
16th November 2015, 09:50

That's bloody good going Mick, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
16th November 2015, 12:19
Of course I still do my virtual driving. :biggrin:

SimonH
16th November 2015, 13:09
Of course I still do my virtual driving. :biggrin:

That's my old car :icon_lol:

Ultima GTR in tango orange, wrong wheels on it though :wink:

grahamw48
16th November 2015, 14:41
It's a bit of a handful on the track, as I've set this one up to be in the second highest class. Wheels selected for lightness I'm afraid (there's a choice of dozens).

I'll see if I've got a bit of video replay of me driving it.

My favourite real road car of course. :smile:

grahamw48
16th November 2015, 17:19
Here you are Simon.

I took her for a quick race around Laguna Seca this afty. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px2I9E1aGmI