PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

stevewool
29th October 2015, 18:53
I have been a keeper for lots of the family photos and its good to get them out and see people who are not here now, and i must say also the people who are still here too,
I have a great collection of when we was small and coming from a very large family there are loads,
But here is the problem , where are Ems pictures, she has a few but they are from she is maybe 8 years old and after ,
Was it the case where pictures was not taken or just could not afford them , there seems to be no baby pictures of any of the family but the next generation there are loads do you find this from your partner too

Michael Parnham
29th October 2015, 19:01
I have been a keeper for lots of the family photos and its good to get them out and see people who are not here now, and i must say also the people who are still here too,
I have a great collection of when we was small and coming from a very large family there are loads,
But here is the problem , where are Ems pictures, she has a few but they are from she is maybe 8 years old and after ,
Was it the case where pictures was not taken or just could not afford them , there seems to be no baby pictures of any of the family but the next generation there are loads do you find this from your partner too

I have no photos of me right up to 2010, but what I did have of me my ex destroyed from what I can gather, having said that I only had a dozen or so anyway. Maritess has 100's of thousands of herself, she always takes photo's of herself every day but don't know why, maybe she thinks she will disappear if she stops taking them:Erm:

raynaputi
29th October 2015, 22:03
My siblings and I had lots of baby pictures, but our baranggay in Manila had a fire when I was 11 yrs. old. My mum would usually carry the bag with all those photos and important documents whenever there were fire scare in our place, but she completely forgot all about it when the fire became real. Good thing that my grandparents kept a few copies of it, hence we have copies now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
30th October 2015, 14:49
I recently had over 1,600 photos digitised and put onto a CD, now at least the kids can have a copy each of their childhood...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th October 2015, 15:44
I'm also in the process of scanning all my photos.

Not as easy as I originally thought to get good quality results, but I'm getting better and faster.
To be honest I've slowed up my schedule considerable.
I seem to have too many priorities these days. :Erm:
Need to re-think some of them.
Fishing should come higher :biggrin:

grahamw48
31st October 2015, 12:00
My wife has only 2 or 3 pictures from her childhood. Such a shame.

I have one of those little gadgets ('Ion' brand) that hooks up to the computer and converts old negatives or slides into digital images...so I have done that with a few hundred pics from the past. :smile:

Slip
31st October 2015, 15:37
Harlene has no photos from her childhood.... Or none she wants me to see. Apparently nobody in her village owned a camera back in the eighties/early nineties :Erm:

stevewool
31st October 2015, 18:28
Amazing to think, but i am sure Ems and many of our partners have made up for those missing years of picture taking

Arthur Little
31st October 2015, 18:42
Amazing to think, but i am sure Ems and many of our partners have made up for those missing years of picture taking

:iagree:, Steve ... 'twould surprise me, if they hadn't!

Slip
31st October 2015, 20:11

I bought Harlene a Hudl 2 a few weeks back, she has already maxed out the internal memory with over 1000 pictures and videos! She must take at least 30 a day of the baby :icon_lol:

KeithD
3rd November 2015, 09:15
DO NOT forget to store copies of all of your main photos in the cloud. Computers break, SD cards fail, and writeable CD/DVD's only last a few years. Microsoft, Amazon, and Google offer free storage.

grahamw48
3rd November 2015, 11:36
Good advice.

I have duplicates on different hard drives, plus external hard drive, plus in 'cloud' storage.

I also find the 'dropbox' app' (with pics and vids ticked 'make available offline') handy for storing before showing to my mother, who has no internet conection...or just looking at anywhere out in the province, on my tablet or phone.

I store a lot of my music online as well, for accessing when I'm out of the country. I can download tracks onto a SD card for instance and then use that wherever I want.